Andrey's UHU HP - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Andrey's UHU HP

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi!
    The motor on axis Z works less, than on other axes. I will change Vref as small as possible. I have digital thermometer DS18B20 on IRFP264, now there is a possibility temperature to supervise. The reduction ratio is 5:1 on axis Z.
    Thanks!
    Andrey.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default The help is again necessary to me!

Long time UHU HP worked perfectly!!! But today there was a malfunction. In an operating time the axis "Y" has stopped. Has lighted up LED "Error". As pendant I use ShuttlePro2. If I twist a wheel on pendant, motor "Y" turns non-uniformly will stop, then again turns. How to me to find breakage?
    Can make to me Reset the chip? But I do not know, how it to make.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

may be your mosfets have given up ???

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by contactirfu View Post
    may be your mosfets have given up ???
    Can be. But any time (20-30 minutes) an axis "Y" works correctly (but if at this time to use pendant non-uniform rotation of the engine is observed), and then again Error. I constantly supervise temperature mosfets. The temperature did not rise above 38 degrees. How to me to check up mosfets?
    Has restarting Windows and start a cycle again 3 times. Errors were not. I will observe further.

Last edited by Andrey67; 12-17-2009 at 12:22 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Perhaps the pendant is commanding a step-rate that the motor/drive can't keep up with so the drive faults on following error. Take the pendant out of the equation for now, there might be something wrong with it or the software used to interface it.

Next thing is to swap the X and Y drives and see if the faults "follows" the drive. If it does, you know that you have a problem with the drive. If the fault stays on the Y-axis (which is now using the X-axis drive) the problem might be with the motor and/or encoder and wiring.

/Henrik.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello,

Nice machine and compact drive enclosure but I have some concerns I may share. Firstly this is a very low induction motor which I think is not suitable for the UHU. You should not have disassembled it, this lowers the magnets strength just as in steppers. The wire, that is seen is used to charge them with a current pulse when the motor is already assembled. You cannot rely on the N/m specs that the label claims now.

Compact design on the drive system is nice but putting the servos in the computer case will lead to nothing but problems. Not because that the computer is rather noisy and can trigger errors in the UHU but the drive itself is a very powerful source of noise also. I myself have had problems with a keyboard going crazy when operating. It is just not good that it changed screens in windows while still jogging the motor. Thank god I got the soft limits turned on that time. From my opinion these things should always be separated, filtered and well shielded.

Anyway thanks for sharing your valuable experience with us, I am happy when someone makes a real machine working with the UHU. There are as many as 3000 items sold as I know and so few details on things done with them.

Thanks,

Todor

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks all for answers!
    I think, that my error was that I have established too big loading (Units/Min)on the motor. Therefore it also has stopped, and- "Error". When I have reduced loading by the motor, I have made three details and "errors" was not.
    Thanks,
    Andrey.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Andrey's UHU HP-img_1422-jpg   Andrey's UHU HP-img_1423-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Congrats! sounds a bit strange that it worked for months and suddenly decided not to, anyway I'm glad it's back to working!

Nice machining! Any photos of the setup, in the machine?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Excuse me for my English!
    But I have not understood a phrase "Any photos of the setup, in the machine?".

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I mean a photo of when you actually machined the part, where you can see how you had the part clamped to the machine etc etc.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

In the near future I will make still details. Then also photos will be.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Manufacturing of a detail by UHU HP servo controllers.

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSv20p76Yk4"]YouTube- UHU HP in work

Last edited by Andrey67; 01-21-2010 at 04:23 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSv20p76Yk4&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- UHU HP in work

Very Nice Work!

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default I have a new problem.

I have made some identical details. Today I have spoilt a detail. During any moment all trajectory of processing has moved to the right on axis Y on 2mm. I have made one more detail. Errors are not present. But when did one more detail error has repeated.But already in other place of a detail.
    In what a cause of error?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Andrey's UHU HP-111-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    Can be due to a lot of things.... Slipping drive pulley, drivebelt "cogging over", encoder not properly mounted on motor shaft, flakey break-out-board or cabling, software "glitch", electrical noise etc etc.

Did you happen to check the O-count on the UHU after you lost position? If it says anything other then zero it indicates you have a problem with the encoder signals. Check cables, shields and ground connections etc.

/Henrik.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    Thanks for the answer! I am glad that you have understood my English!
    I have checked up all wires, connections, etc. All was in norm. I have Digital Readout.Sometimes I observed different indications DRO Mach3 and Digital Readout.
    Today I have reinstalled Windows2000 and Mach3. Has made a detail. Errors are not present. But I am not assured, that the error can not repeat.
    I did not load a file ( .nc) on a hard disk. I left a file on Flash-Memory. The reason can was in it?
    While I will not know the reason, I will constantly compare indications DRO Mach3 and Digital Readout.

/Andrey

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    I've had problems with running files directly from USB-memory. In my case that damn autodetect/autostart appliaction kept starting while the file was running. Not saying this is the case here but I definitely recomend copying the file to the local harddrive before loading it into Mach3.

/Henrik.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Andrey's UHU HP

Hi,
    I have used the UHU HP 6 years without problems!
    But yesterday I had an Error for the axis Z. If I take off the timing belt, the motor turns without problems. A small load leads to an error after a while (even when I omit the table down).
    How to start troubleshooting?
    Is it possible that the Vref for Z has been changed?

Thanks!
    Andrey

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Andrey67 View Post
    Is it possible that the Vref for Z has been changed?
    The Vref decreased to 70mV (it was 200mV) for axis Z.
    But why did it happen spontaneously?
    Maybe the reason necessary to look deeper?

Andrey

Downloads
    Uploads

Please, re-solder all the components in the Vref circuit, check also the potentiometer and other resistors in the circuit using an ohmmeter. You can also compare voltage measurement with the other controllers that are working ok in order to find the defective component.

Best regards,

kreutz

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast