Servo tuning setting location

Thread: Servo tuning setting location

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Servo tuning setting location

Had a failure to launch issue with UCCNC the other day that I finally tracked down to network interference from my network switch. Once that was fixed everything was fine.

However in tracking this down I put a backup laptop onto the CNC to see if the issue was with the laptop that was running the machine. Once I solved the network problem that spare laptop activated the servos but they wouldn't move the router. They'd just hum as though they hadn't been tuned yet. I put the original laptop back on the router and all was good.

This made me wonder if I had misunderstood where the servo tuning settings are saved. It was my understanding they get saved to the ETH300 board. However if that was indeed the case shouldn't the backup laptop had run the servos properly? Or am I right about the tuning settings being on the ETH300 board and it was likely just other axis configurations that hadn't been set up properly on the backup laptop that were causing this result.

Thanks,
    BH

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Servo tuning setting location

The first thing that comes to mind, is to run the Utilityxxx software to reestablish the connection. Maybe you just need to whitelist the device on the networks firewall.

Please check this FAQ Post for other thoughts: https://www.cnc4pc.com/faq/article/m...is-not-working

Downloads
    Uploads

Did you get this sorted out?

Arturo Duncan
    https://cnc4pc.com

Downloads
    Uploads

[QUOTE=arturod;2525036]Did you get this sorted out?

Arturo Duncan
    https://cnc4pc.com[/QUOT

If you read my original post more closely you'll see the problem was resolved before I even posted the event. The question was on my understanding of where the servo tuning data is stored.

BH Davis

Downloads
    Uploads

[QUOTE=bhdavis1cnc;2525040]
    Quote Originally Posted by arturod View Post
    Did you get this sorted out?

Arturo Duncan
    https://cnc4pc.com[/QUOT

If you read my original post more closely you'll see the problem was resolved before I even posted the event. The question was on my understanding of where the servo tuning data is stored.

BH Davis
    Servo Tuning is normally all saved in the servo drives, there are some settings in the control software that would need to be setup for each axis, so most likely your backup computer control software was not setup correctly.

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

[QUOTE=mactec54;2525084]
    Quote Originally Posted by bhdavis1cnc View Post

Servo Tuning is normally all saved in the servo drives, there are some settings in the control software that would need to be setup for each axis, so most likely your backup computer control software was not setup correctly.
    Thank you. That is what I was suspecting to be the case. I'll have to look more closely at the axis settings on that backup laptop.

Much appreciated.

BH