Need Help! UCCNC Dwell Time Sometimes Inaccurate

Thread: UCCNC Dwell Time Sometimes Inaccurate

Downloads
    Uploads

Default UCCNC Dwell Time Sometimes Inaccurate

Hi All, I'm having an issue with my machine and thought I'd see if anyone here has any insight. Here is an excerpt from an email I sent to UCCNC.

"I have a UCCNC UC400 ETH installed on a DIY plasma cutting table and it has performed flawlessly for over a year. Here recently however, I have had issues with the G4 dwell command not working correctly. Please note that this while running a program that has never been modified and has run 100’s of times in the past without issue. While cutting a part that has 4 boundaries (4 internal cutouts and then the perimeter) The machine obeys the pierce dwell time of 500 MS on all pierces except the last one. On the perimeter cut the machine begins moving before the pierce initiates. (The pierce occurs after the machine has travelled an inch or so.) It seems to be very consistent. It does it on the same boundary every time and it seems to be the same timing error every time. I run the same 20 programs over and over and I have noticed the dwell issue on several of them so far. On the ones that it is doing it on, it is doing it on the same feature consistently. ( There’s one program it does it on the first hole, then there’s one it does it on the 3rd hole, etc…) but every one that has an error no matter where it is on the same feature every time. Again these are programs that ran fine 100’s of times for almost a year until now?) Also I noticed every time I see the dialog box saying that “My Software Is Up To Date” UCCNC seems to act “buggy” while controlling motion. (little missed steps here and there when running fast feeds) It seems to clear up after restarting the software but the above issue persists regardless. Any insight regarding this issue would be most appreciated."

Anyone else here experience this? Any thoughts on this matter would be greatly appreciated as I use this machine daily.

Thanks!