Automatic Tool Changer issues

Thread: Automatic Tool Changer issues

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Automatic Tool Changer issues

I installed my ATC and everything is working find accept the Ztoolrelease and Ztoolpickup. I added the 20mm as directed but the ATC does not go down far enough to pickup or when releasing the tool. I tried going back into the M6 Macro file changing it and saving the changes but it still does the same actions. Please help/advise

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Automatic Tool Changer issues

What operating system are you using? What kind of ATC system are you using? A linear rack? If so with or with out fingers or a carousel tool holder? I am using Centroid Acorn on a linear rack with pockets, no fingers and in the M6 macro, near the top there is a place to enter the tool rack height. For my setup there is no guessing on the height. You manually jog to the height and get the machine coordinates for the rack. Why don't you make a video of what it is doing and upload into youtube or something and post link so we can see exactly what is going on?

Downloads
    Uploads

Are you changing the M6 macro file in the directory you working with?
    I mean the macros are in the UCCNC/Profiles/Macro_yourprofile/ folder.
    To make sure try to make a syntax error in the file, save it and then execute M6 and see if it gives you an error text in the UCCNC screen in the status box. If it does not then you doing your changes on the incorrect file.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

It's a Stepcraft D840, ATC MM-1000 Spindle.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

On this UCCMC it: C Drive>UCCNC>Profiles>Macro_STepcraft2_Model840>M6_ old.txt.
    this is how I get to the M6 screen to change things

Downloads
    Uploads

If you changing a file with M6_old.txt filename, that is sure not the M6 macro what the UCCNC reads. The M6 macro has to be named M6.txt
    But you can test it the way I told you, just make a syntax error with typing in something random into the file, save it and then run the M6 in the UCCNC.
    If you put the syntax error into the proper file then you will get an error text into the status box as soon as you will try to execute the M6.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, I tried that and you are right it keep working without an error message But I don't have an file M6.txt and now I am confused because that same file I am talking about it the same one I used to setup the X & Y Axis and the spindle goes to all (6)six changers properly with no issues. Just not Z

Downloads
    Uploads

How do you technically initiate the tool change in the UCCNC? Are you executing M6 in the MDI? Or another macro? Or is it via a button press? Or how?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I type in M6t then tool #, and I use M3

Downloads
    Uploads

Then you have to have an M6 macro in your profile's macro folder if that command is doing something. The file is named M6.txt and it is in the Macro_yourprofilename folder.
    Your profilename you can check on the Run screen of the UCCNC, it is the Profile: text.
    So, go into that folder and open the M6.txt file and modify that instead of the M6_old.txt file which you modified so far because that is not your M6 macro.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Okay Thanks. I will look for this file again, if I don't see it I will look for a download some where.

Downloads
    Uploads

It is impossible that it is not there, because if the M6 macro executes and doing what you showed on the video when you commanding M6Tx from the MDI then the M6.txt macro file is there where it should be.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have looked under every fold/file within UCCNC and I don't see that one. I am looking again.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks again for your help. I will try again tomorrow. I need to sign off for now. I will let you know what happens.