trying to get MODBUSEZ to work with macchtric S800E - please help!

Thread: trying to get MODBUSEZ to work with macchtric S800E - please help!

Default trying to get MODBUSEZ to work with macchtric S800E - please help!

I'm trying to get MODBUSEZ to work with macchtric S800E, but get "WARNING VFD NOT RESPONDING".

But I have communications as I can see with the serial port monitor.
    trying to get MODBUSEZ to work with macchtric S800E - please help!-serial_port_com5-jpg

These are my modbusez settings.
    trying to get MODBUSEZ to work with macchtric S800E - please help!-modbussetup-png

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks so much for contributing this great plugin! Looking forward to starting using my newly converted EMCO PC-Mill 50!
    Greetings from Sweden!

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails trying to get MODBUSEZ to work with macchtric S800E - please help!-modbussetup-png   trying to get MODBUSEZ to work with macchtric S800E - please help!-serial_port_com5-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: trying to get MODBUSEZ to work with macchtric S800E - please help!

Quote Originally Posted by swedishmetalguy View Post
    I'm trying to get MODBUSEZ to work with macchtric S800E, but get "WARNING VFD NOT RESPONDING".

But I have communications as I can see with the serial port monitor.
    trying to get MODBUSEZ to work with macchtric S800E - please help!-serial_port_com5-jpg

These are my modbusez settings.
    trying to get MODBUSEZ to work with macchtric S800E - please help!-modbussetup-png

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks so much for contributing this great plugin! Looking forward to starting using my newly converted EMCO PC-Mill 50!
    Greetings from Sweden!
    That's and old version of ModbusEZ and you should try downloading the newest version. The serial monitor clip you posted shows the VFD is not responding.

Dan

Thanks so much for your reply!

I found a version 16, is this the latest? If not, where can I find the latest, please?
    I have now found the correct parameters for the VFD from another member here, but who is using Mach4, not UCCNC.
    start cw - decimal 10
    stop - decimal 01
    start ccw-decimal 06

on/off address decimal 8192
    frequency address decimal 8193
    Frequency is given with two decimals so that eg 2400 is given as 24000

Which number base is used for the modbusez plugin?
    Which are the communication settings that should be used?
    I have set 9600,N81, ASCII is this correct? I don't think my communication with the VFD is working correctly, but I don't know how how to troubleshoot modbus, could you recommend a software for sending modbus via serial?

Sorry for all these questions and thanks again for creating the plugin and helping fellow CNC:ers!

Best Regards
    Carl

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Carl,
    All ModbusEZ modbus settings need to be inputted as hex, there are many available converters found with a google search. I written a manual a while back that should answer all your questions. If any more, please don't hesitate to post. I think there is a pic of your VFD model settings in manual.

ModbusEZ V15 manual.pdf

Dan! Indeed the answers were all in the manual. Thank you so much for your help with this and for a great plugin!

The spindle is now spinning like a kitten! Awesome!

/Carl