UC300ETH/UB1 input not working - obviously doing something wrong.

Thread: UC300ETH/UB1 input not working - obviously doing something wrong.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default UC300ETH/UB1 input not working - obviously doing something wrong.

I'm using a UC300ETH with a UB1 and am trying to wire in a pneumatic pressure sensor (Numatics PS180CAN02).

It's a simple pressure switch that takes 24v and passes it back if the pressure is high enough.

I'm passing 24v via the brown wire to port 1 on the sensor. Receiving the 24v signal on port 4 via the black wire which is connected to X103 on the UB1. Blue is ground.

I've verified with a meter that I'm receiving 24v on black when the pressure is detected and 0v when it's not.

However, the X103 led never indicates it's receiving the 24v signal. I've tried sourcing the 24v from both an external power source and from the UB1 board itself.

Anyone have suggestions as to what I'm obviously doing wrong??? Wrong input? Wrong power source?

Thanks!!!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: UC300ETH/UB1 input not working - obviously doing something wrong.

I got it to work by doing the following...

Black wire to X310. Brown to external +24v. A jumper across COM and 0V.

Not sure if that's the correct way, but it works.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: UC300ETH/UB1 input not working - obviously doing something wrong.

Hi bobmagnuson,
    There are two type of inputs.

• X103-X115, X210-X215 are NPN inputs .
    • X310-X315 are PNP inputs.

For NPN, you need to connect input Xnnn to 0V.
    For PNP, you need to connect input Xnnn to 24V. (if you are using onboard power, you need to connect COM- to 0v also).

Pictures below shows the connections to these inputs. These diagrams are taken from page 12 of UB1 manual.
    http://www.cncroom.com/downloads/UB1...al%20E15R0.pdf

UC300ETH/UB1 input not working - obviously doing something wrong.-npn-sw-jpg

UC300ETH/UB1 input not working - obviously doing something wrong.-pnp-sw-jpg

UC300ETH/UB1 input not working - obviously doing something wrong.-ps180-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails UC300ETH/UB1 input not working - obviously doing something wrong.-npn-sw-jpg   UC300ETH/UB1 input not working - obviously doing something wrong.-pnp-sw-jpg   UC300ETH/UB1 input not working - obviously doing something wrong.-ps180-jpg  
    Weerasak.
    www.CNCRoom.com