Issue with UCCNC HW and VistaCNC P4-SE pendant

Thread: Issue with UCCNC HW and VistaCNC P4-SE pendant

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Issue with UCCNC HW and VistaCNC P4-SE pendant

I have upgraded my OmioCNC 6040 router with the UC300ETH-5LPT/HDBB2 combo and everything seems runs smoothly.

But there is an issue with a new VistaCNC P4-SE pendant i got for the upgrade (vistaCNC). The E-stop is connected directly to the input 1 on the HDBB2 over the Ee-box (see attachement).

The problem is that the pendant "freezes" after a short time of operation whenever the Ee-box/e-stop is connected to a imput on the HDBB2, AND the port is assigned in the UCCNC software. I can have the e-stop wires connected but as when I assign the e-stop to the port, it doesn't take a long before the pendant freezes (the e-stop on the pendant is of course still working after the pendant frezes, as it is connected directly to the HDBB2).

The Ee-box/e-stop is connected to the HDBB2 as per the CNCDrive manual (7.2.3), and VistaCNC Ee-box manual, to input 1 with 22 awg twisted wires ~30cm long (se attached picture from inside the electronics cabinet for the e-stop wiring and Ee-box schematic. E-stop wires in red circle and Ee-box on the outside of the cabinet).

Before it freezes everything works as it should operating the CNC router over the pendant, and the e-stop on the pendant is triggering e-stop through the BOB.

Any ideas about how to sort this out ? Can it be down to the way I have connected to the HDBB2, faulty HW or something with the VistaCNC plugin?

I can of course keep using the pendant without connecting/assigning the e-stop wires, but then the safety is lowered (pendant only triggering e-stop over USB through UCCNC sw)

Regards