New UC300ETH breakout board. - Page 7

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: New UC300ETH breakout board.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New UC300ETH breakout board.

IF I remember correctly CNC4pc has a modbus adapter you can use with that pendant and run it in UCCNC. I comes with teh software to run it in UCCNC.

(;-) TP

Downloads
    Uploads

I'll second the Vista MPG. Vista responded quickly with some bug fixes and feature requests for the UCCNC plugin - it's working perfectly. Thumbs-up for their customer service!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    I'm using a similar 8 channel relay.

DC+ and DC- go to your 24V power supply.

CP on the UB1 to IN1 on the breakout board.

Then run your circuit through NO1 and COM1
    Hello GER.

Today my relay fail and my contactor never turn on.

Does the frequency of the charge pump signal has something to do with this? is it better to use a solid state relay for this purpose.?

Regards!

Downloads
    Uploads

Afaik, the charge pump terminal on the UP1 just outputs 24V. It was probably just a bad relay.
    I really don't know what the best relay for this application is?

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by karloterrazas View Post
    Hello GER.

Today my relay fail and my contactor never turn on.

Does the frequency of the charge pump signal has something to do with this? is it better to use a solid state relay for this purpose.?

Regards!
    Relay failure is a common problem with mechanical relays. This is why I don't like breakout boards with onboard relays, but I always use breakout boards with power drivers and I wire external relays in sockets.
    If the relay fails for any reason then I have no machine down-time, but I'm just popping the broken relay out of the socket and inserting a new one.

Solid state relays are probably a better choice, because they have no moving parts so they will not wear out mechanically and can do lots more cycles than a mechanical relay.
    But using SSR is only a solution if you switching the same type of Voltage with it. A DC voltage can be switch with an SSR which is designed to switch DC voltage and AC voltage can be switched with an SSR which is designed to switch AC voltage. With a mechanical relay you can switch both.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by OlfCNC View Post
    Relay failure is a common problem with mechanical relays. This is why I don't like breakout boards with onboard relays, but I always use breakout boards with power drivers and I wire external relays in sockets.
    If the relay fails for any reason then I have no machine down-time, but I'm just popping the broken relay out of the socket and inserting a new one.

Solid state relays are probably a better choice, because they have no moving parts so they will not wear out mechanically and can do lots more cycles than a mechanical relay.
    But using SSR is only a solution if you switching the same type of Voltage with it. A DC voltage can be switch with an SSR which is designed to switch DC voltage and AC voltage can be switched with an SSR which is designed to switch AC voltage. With a mechanical relay you can switch both.
    SSRs have one negative feature. When they fail 99.5% of cases they fail on state so what ever is connected will stay running New UC300ETH breakout board.

Regards Mika

Lähetetty minun B15 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Guys,

I have a question in regards to the UB1 Breakout Board's Safety Circuit. I'm running 4x servo drives with their ALARM output wired to i103 thru i106. In order to have these inputs trigger Estop, I soldered the solder-bridges on the PCB as per documentation. See attached pictures. However, my problem is that I can't get the Estop to trigger using any of these inputs. I CAN simulate a successful Estop by going directly to i102. Also, the manual mentions that i103 comes default with solder-bridge from the factory and even this input does not trigger the safety circuit. I am pretty sure that I'm overlooking something very simple. UCCNC profile IS configured for Estop on Port1 Pin2. Can someone help? What am I missing?

New UC300ETH breakout board.-qz6rbd1-jpg New UC300ETH breakout board.-dxxgbyo-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Pupdogg

You are correct. The Estop signal must be configured for port 1 and pin2.

The servo drive must activate or conduct its output during normal operation state. But whenever fault happened, the output becomes deactivated.

From your configuration, you must see LED ligh t of all inputs, including LED light of OSSD output. This confirms the correctness of normal operation state.

Now, if one of safety inputs deactivated, input light goes off, also output light on OSSD goes off. This time Estop will be triggered.

Regards,
    Weerasak

Last edited by vrasak; 07-02-2018 at 12:42 PM.
    Weerasak.
    www.CNCRoom.com

Downloads
    Uploads

hi @vrasak: thank you for your response. pls see video below with my exact issue:

Downloads
    Uploads

The OSSD output LED needs to light up along with input 103
    . Your safety circuit does not appear to be working.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

Yes, I also tried to slow-mo your the video and didn't see OSSD light up. I went back and checked your picture found that you soldered across solder bridges for X103-X106, making them becomes as the part of safety circuit. So you need to make all these 4 inputs light up first. then the OSSD LED will light up. We consider this state as normal run state.

For experiment stage, you need to wire up X103-X106 to 0V to make OSSD LED turn on. If you remove any wire from connecting to 0V, then the OSSD LED will turn off. that will trigger EStop signal.

Your video shows that the proximity sensor output is NO type. In this case you need NC type to connect to X103. Just remember that all safety inputs must activated or turn on in normal run state. if any inputs turn off, the safety circuit will turn off its output, the logic of i102 becomes High.

Regards,
    Weerasak

New UC300ETH breakout board.-safetyinputs-png

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New UC300ETH breakout board.-safetyinputs-png  
    Weerasak.
    www.CNCRoom.com

Downloads
    Uploads

@vrasak: thank you again. you're experimenting stage suggestion definitely did work. When all of the input signals (i103..i106) are ON, Estop is triggered. However, I might be overthinking my problem and maybe you can suggest otherwise...it something different than what you originally suggested at forum.cncdrive.com • View topic - UCCNC ETH300/UB1 Servo Alarm Setup. My DMM DYN4 servo-drives output ALARM on PIN18 whenever a servo drive fault occurs. Are you suggesting that I need intermediary relays in order to have all of the ALM outputs output INVERSE logic to tell UB1 that there is no fault and all the i103...i106 leds light up? As per your answer, this in fact would work and trigger the Estop whenever 1 or more of the 4 inputs goes OFF. Based on your answer linked to above CNCDrive URL, I was under the impression that I could go directly from my servo-drive to UB1 and have it work that way as well which would eliminate the need for additional hardware or sources of failure. Can you suggest a way to accomplish this?

Downloads
    Uploads

I am building a similar machine with ub1, dyn4 and no sensors - I was thinking of a plc to do this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Pupdogg,

I've just now come to know your real situation when you mention about DMM DYN4. I myself have same issue with Granite Device Argon drive alarm output. They don’t concern much about safety approach on alarm output.

Most safe devices and industrial drives will energize the alarm output when the device working fine and de-energize this output when something wrong happened. This approach also covers power lost, wire broken automatically. This is similar to why we using NC contact switches for Estop and Limit circuit loop.

When I looked into DMM DYN4 manual and found BKO (brake output) signal would give us the alternative, please try this signal.

I also make a simple invert logic schematic for DMM DYN4 alarm output by using 2 components for each drive.

Actually, I suppose to answer your question in CNCDrive forum, But this topic thread, in CNCZone give me the notification thru my email. I will check whether CNCDrive forum can do the same things.

Regards,
    Weerasak

New UC300ETH breakout board.-alarmdmm-dyn4-jpg New UC300ETH breakout board.-dyn4-safety-inverse-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New UC300ETH breakout board.-alarmdmm-dyn4-jpg   New UC300ETH breakout board.-dyn4-safety-inverse-jpg  
    Last edited by vrasak; 07-03-2018 at 12:53 AM.
    Weerasak.
    www.CNCRoom.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

A reply to vmax549's post #121 regarding using the C22M1 modbus mpg setup from CNC4PC with the UB1 and UCCNC, I just want to let everyone know don't waste your time or money with the C22M1 as it is NOT fully developed and will not work properly, the axis movement is very coarse and will eventually end up in a unstoppable runaway mode. There is no resolution selection so impossible to use the mpg for precision setup. The vendor indicated that they were having some issues developing the plugin but I have not heard from them for several weeks now.
    I ended up going with the P4-S mpg from VistaCNC which works like a charm right out of the box without any issues

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello everyone.

Recently I purchase the UC300ETH-UB1 from cncroom, for a homemade cnc I build.
    I have 4 AM882,4 stepper motor 4nm each one, one 71volt psu I build.
    One 24volt psu , proximity switches NPN NC type.
    HY VFD with 2.2kw spindle and a 24 volt water pump.
    Soooo....
    I made this schematic and Weerasak from cncroom suggest me to post it here to get your opinion about the way I have connect everything.

I am counting on your experience!

Vfd is going to be connected according the second schematic.
    Any opinion and suggestion count!

Thanks .
    Nick.
    New UC300ETH breakout board.-uc300-eth_ub1-wiring-diagram-jpg

New UC300ETH breakout board.-connection-vfd-hy-ub1-png

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New UC300ETH breakout board.-uc300-eth_ub1-wiring-diagram-jpg   New UC300ETH breakout board.-connection-vfd-hy-ub1-png  

Won't that estop setup just trigger a limit stop and not stop the spindle? Not really an expert here, just curious.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Richmaple View Post
    Won't that estop setup just trigger a limit stop and not stop the spindle? Not really an expert here, just curious.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    I don't really know Richmaple.
    This is the input side of the card and this is my understanding according UB1 manual.Of course I might have misunderstood the manual....

Downloads
    Uploads

If you assign the switch to the E Stop function in UCCNC, it should stop everything.

Some people would want the Estop to kill power to everything. Others allow the software to stop everything, which may not be as safe.

I think that you'll find that you won't be able to get a full 10V for the speed control, unless you use a larger than 10V power supply, as there's a voltage loss in the speed control circuit.
    What I did, was use the settings in UCCNC to output 0-5V, and set the Huanyang for 0-5V control.
    Using it this way, however, resulted in an RPM fluctuation of about ±1000 rpm. Because of that, I switched to RS-485 control using Dan911's plugin.
    I believe that the issue was with the VFD, and not the UB1.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    If you assign the switch to the E Stop function in UCCNC, it should stop everything.

Some people would want the Estop to kill power to everything. Others allow the software to stop everything, which may not be as safe.

I think that you'll find that you won't be able to get a full 10V for the speed control, unless you use a larger than 10V power supply, as there's a voltage loss in the speed control circuit.
    What I did, was use the settings in UCCNC to output 0-5V, and set the Huanyang for 0-5V control.
    Using it this way, however, resulted in an RPM fluctuation of about ±1000 rpm. Because of that, I switched to RS-485 control using Dan911's plugin.
    I believe that the issue was with the VFD, and not the UB1.
    Thanks for the reply.
    Do you guys use any external relays and fuses at your wiring? Can you suggest how to wire them?

Last edited by Nickhofen; 07-21-2018 at 06:46 AM.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast