Z-axis position not holding after reboot.

Thread: Z-axis position not holding after reboot.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Z-axis position not holding after reboot.

After shutting down at the end of the day and coming back the next morning I'm finding my last Z-axis height setting has not been retained. It has held through the entire previous day's work but after a shut down (typically overnight) and start up the next day I have to reset my Z0 position to the top of my material. It always seems to have moved about 2.5" up after the PC restart.

Am I missing something in the setup of the system that tells it to save your last Z0 on shut down?

Since I almost always start at the same X0,Y0 location I don't know if the same would happen there if I moved that further into the table.

Thanks,
    BH

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Z-axis position not holding after reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by bhdavis1cnc View Post
    After shutting down at the end of the day and coming back the next morning I'm finding my last Z-axis height setting has not been retained. It has held through the entire previous day's work but after a shut down (typically overnight) and start up the next day I have to reset my Z0 position to the top of my material. It always seems to have moved about 2.5" up after the PC restart.

Am I missing something in the setup of the system that tells it to save your last Z0 on shut down?

Since I almost always start at the same X0,Y0 location I don't know if the same would happen there if I moved that further into the table.

Thanks,
    BH
    Do you have a 2.5" saved in the offsets? Do you home the machine after power on?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Z-axis position not holding after reboot.

Machine gets HOMED on every startup or reboot of the system.

I shouldn't have a 2.5" offset saved as I don't use any saved offsets. Good thought though. I'll double check to make sure.

Thanks,
    BH