My UCCNC probing screen and macros - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: My UCCNC probing screen and macros

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: My UCCNC probing screen and macros

Hi Dave , after this time , i was having same issue like u have , and i found problem , the probe still continue to push in material , after it stays a little , the problem is if u put a data in
    Probe radius ,TOOLS , PROBE , it will get ur data and push probe in stock .
    The ideea is to make PROBE RADIUS 0 , and probing will work fine .
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMoi View Post
    Hi,

First of all a big thank you to A_Camera for providing the macros and screenset for free for us to use. I installed the set (note that this is all pretty new to me) and it seems to work, aside from one important thing.

The Z probing works perfectly, however the X and Y probing stops for less than a second when the probe contact is activated and then just continues pushing in the same direction as if the probe contact didn't actvate?? I checked that diagnostics screen and saw that the probe makes contact (as the probing stops for a microsecond and then just continues tells me that the macro did notice the contact).

Does anyone have any idea what may be going wrong?
    Thanks,

David

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Andreiir View Post
    Hi Dave , after this time , i was having same issue like u have , and i found problem , the probe still continue to push in material , after it stays a little , the problem is if u put a data in
    Probe radius ,TOOLS , PROBE , it will get ur data and push probe in stock .
    The ideea is to make PROBE RADIUS 0 , and probing will work fine .
    I am sot sure I understand what you are saying... The probe should stop immediately (depending on how fast you are probing, since it has to decelerate the motion and stop in a controlled manner) when touching the material, after that it will move back (retract) the probe and make a new probing at slower speed to remove the slight error may have been caused by the first, faster probing. After the second probing the probe will be retracted to a preset distance from the probed surface and stop. This is the way it works for every type of probing. If the probe is pushed into the stock then either it is configured wrong or you have some sort of other problem with the installation. Dave had several issues related to his way of testing, the installation and the configuration perhaps also the probe used. I never really got answers to my questions, so I don't know how it ended, but I know that the probing is NOT pushing the probe into the stock if everything is set up according to my manual and the machine is built and configured right.

So, if you have issues you should describe the issues you have and maybe I or somebody else can help you. The probe radius should be set to zero ONLY when the radius is not important and you are not looking for the centre point of the spindle as zero point, but the edge of the probe. This is OK in some cases but will cause problems in other, so it is NOT a universal solution to every problem.

So please explain what sort of problems you have because to me it is not clear. I assume you read the manual and using the last version, and also using the official release of UCCNC, not one of the test releases. I don't know if test releases have issues or not, and it is not recommended to use any test release for production or when errors can cause financial or machine issues. I know that 1.2103 had serious issues and was pulled back, but the latest official release is working. I don't test the probe with every release, I simply have no time for that and my probe screen is a free product, so it is up to the user to test it and make sure it works after every change. I try to keep my machine up to date, but never roll back releases unless I see some issues which are not acceptable for me. Unfortunately I can't test with every release and can't even guarantee to install every official release, let alone test releases.

https://www.youtube.com/c/AdaptingCamera/videos
    https://adapting-camera.blogspot.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Dear friend , just put in probe radius , not ur data , but uccnc probe screen an imput for example 2 , and try to probe again , and u will see how probing goes wrong way .

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Andreiir View Post
    Dear friend , just put in probe radius , not ur data , but uccnc probe screen an imput for example 2 , and try to probe again , and u will see how probing goes wrong way .
    I am using different values for probe radius and so far it never went wrong, so I still don't understand the problems you say you have. Which mode do you mean is not working? Which version of UCCNC are you using? How does your probe looks like? What is happening when you say that it goes wrong? More information would be helpful...

https://www.youtube.com/c/AdaptingCamera/videos
    https://adapting-camera.blogspot.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234