My UCCNC probing screen and macros - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My UCCNC probing screen and macros

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: My UCCNC probing screen and macros

vmax549, could you please discuss that elsewhere?
    Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/c/AdaptingCamera/videos
    https://adapting-camera.blogspot.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by A_Camera View Post
    Sorry, but I am not interested in arguing for, or against a plugin and definitely not going to change my approach, which suits me just fine. The idea was to share what I had, "as is" and not to make it into a community development product. It's your opinion against mine, and my opinion is that it is better this way, not necessarily easier to install than a plugin. "Easier" is not the same as better. If you disagree that's fine, but never the less, I will not make it into a plugin nor will I support the idea and will not continue this argument/discussion.
    I thought this was a discussion and what we all visit here for. You continually make statements "it's better" but when I inquire how is it better it becomes an argument and dismissed.

Vmax549, thank you for responding to my question and your detailed answer. Hopefully we can take this discussion up elsewhere, possibly in a public forum.

Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

Yep I guess none of AC's discussions are public. I guess they should be marked private (;-).

OH Well , (;-) TP

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by vmax549 View Post
    Yep I guess none of AC's discussions are public. I guess they should be marked private (;-).

OH Well , (;-) TP
    You don't seem to understand what is off topic and what is not. What exactly was your contribution to th topic? Topic = main subject = My probe screen != (not equal) Dan's plugin.

Downloads
    Uploads

It was a simple continuation of the discussion thqt evolved from your comments that teh page solution was the best. Gerry agreed with you and I agreed with Dan. Nothing more nothing less.

Dan asked a question and I expanded on his question.

THAT is how discussions are suppose to work.

(;-) TP

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    I think you're completely missing our point. It's not a macros vs plugin argument.
    We just prefer it to be part of the screenset.
    That's why they make UCCNC so flexible. So we can all do it the way we want.
    Hi Gerry,

Busy week and had time to reread this morning and try to see where I was missing the Point. I concluded I think it's you missing my point.

This isn't a Macro vs. Plugin debate/discussion. You posted that.

In functionality, yes, but not in user experience.
    I agree with A_Camera, and much prefer these things to be integrated with the screen.
    I fail to see any difference in user experience. When button pressed and window appears the only person who knows the difference is the one who implemented the method used.

I uploaded plugin and it's absolutely useless, when probe button is pressed a message box "call macro" will appear. I also added a checkbox for full screen to show how much more flexible this method is, it will be mostly empty because didn't waste time adding anything I wanted.

I am very interested in reading how this is any different in user experience than how probe screen is called in 2017 screen set.

To Test;

1. Put plugin in UCCNC plugin folder.
    2. Create a button and give it button number "2088" No macro is needed.

MyPointIsMissed.rar.zip

Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

I fail to see any difference in user experience.
    I don't know how to explain why I like something one way, and you like it a different way. That what it's all about.

Lots of people drink coffee. I can't stand it. I can't tell you why.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

I don't know how to explain why I like something one way, and you like it a different way. That what it's all about.

Lots of people drink coffee. I can't stand it. I can't tell you why.
    Lol ok, I'm going to let it rest. But I also think that's a poor analogy for comparison.

If taking a sip of water with blind fold and determining which is Poland Springs would be a better one.

Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Dan911 View Post
    2. Create a button and give it button number "2088" No macro is needed.
    I have to say a really big thank you! It took 2 minutes, but finally I found that Buttonpress_event is the way to open (or do anything in) a plugin when reset is active and macros cannot run!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dezsoe View Post
    I have to say a really big thank you! It took 2 minutes, but finally I found that Buttonpress_event is the way to open (or do anything in) a plugin when reset is active and macros cannot run!
    Glad I was able to be of some help. Seems like you found it useful for other reasons, but if using for form window like I was in this case this code will stop another window from opening if already open.

if (buttonnumber == 2088 )
    {
    Form33 form = Form33.GetInstance();
    if (!form.Visible)
    {
    form.ShowDialog();
    }
    else
    {
    form.BringToFront();
    }

Dan

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

First of all a big thank you to A_Camera for providing the macros and screenset for free for us to use. I installed the set (note that this is all pretty new to me) and it seems to work, aside from one important thing.

The Z probing works perfectly, however the X and Y probing stops for less than a second when the probe contact is activated and then just continues pushing in the same direction as if the probe contact didn't actvate?? I checked that diagnostics screen and saw that the probe makes contact (as the probing stops for a microsecond and then just continues tells me that the macro did notice the contact).

Does anyone have any idea what may be going wrong?
    Thanks,

David

Last edited by DaveMoi; 12-16-2017 at 09:44 AM. Reason: typos

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by DaveMoi View Post
    Hi,

First of all a big thank you to A_Camera for providing the macros and screenset for free for us to use. I installed the set (note that this is all pretty new to me) and it seems to work, aside from one important thing.

The Z probing works perfectly, however the X and Y probing stops for less than a second when the probe contact is activated and then just continues pushing in the same direction as if the probe contact didn't actvate?? I checked that diagnostics screen and saw that the probe makes contact (as the probing stops for a microsecond and then just continues tells me that the macro did notice the contact).

Does anyone have any idea what may be going wrong?
    Thanks,

David
    Hi,

I answered your PM as well, but here it is once again...

Sorry you have some problems with the probing functions. I hope you are using the latest version and that you have read the manual. I have never seen problems similar to your description, so I would like you to list your probe screen settings. To be honest, I am not sure I understand the situation.

Some questions:

What you mean by "as the probing stops for a microsecond and then just continues tells me that the macro did notice the contact"? Does the Probe screen giving you a message? What sort of message?
    Could you post a video or at least a screen image capture to demonstrate the problem?
    Which type of probe are you using?
    Are you using inches or millimetres?
    Have you tried to probe in single pass and what was the result? The probe should not slow down, if you probe in two passes then the first pass is made at the speed defined in Fast probing filed, then it should retract the probe to 5% of X and Y retract distance and should make a second pass at the speed defined in the Fine probing field. If the Fine probing filed is set to zero then probing is done in single pass at the speed defined in the Fast probing field.

Cheers

Downloads
    Uploads

David, I have seen the video you made to demonstrate the "issue". The only issue I see in the video is the way you test the probe function. The problem is caused by your "probe" and the fact that what you are probing is moving. You MUST fix your probed piece in order to make a secure touch contact. So, the "issue" is with your test method not the macros. Can also be some sort of electrical issue with your installation. I would like to see your settings, you are flexing too much with the camera, so it is difficult to see all the settings.

Please answer the questions above, otherwise it is not possible to help you out or solve any of your problems. All I know is that I have used these macros for over a year and they work fine on my machine with basic touch probe. I also know that several hundred other users use it and ESPECIALLY the X and Y centering macros are very much used and welcomed and work for them also. So, you need to help me and answer my questions to understand your problems better. Right now, even with the video, I am still in the dark, and the only thing your video proves is that you can't probe anything the way you are probing, unless you get an extremely sensitive probe, not just a simple spiral drill.

Edit: I have just watched your video once again and froze the screen to be able to see your settings. Your settings are totally off. For the Z probing the probe diameter does not matter, but for X and Y it is important to set ALL the parameters right, including the probe diameter. You have the probe diameter set to 1 but the drill bit you have in the spindle collet is at least 5mm. Please read the provided manual. It is important because unless you read it and set it up according to the REAL situation, i.e. not just using the default values, you may cause damage and may have problems with the measurements.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by 1benhines View Post
    Love this screen and macro. I downloaded it changed all the settings in my default screen. Using uccnc version 12037. I'm using uc300eth. with new m45 motherboard. But when I start up the uccnc under the m45. The probing screen not showing? If I start it up under uc300eth lpt. its showing on the screen the way its should? Lol... Any thoughts on why ???
    Hi,

It sounds to me that you only adapted the default scree under the ”uc309eth” section. You need to do the same for the “m45” section.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

It sounds to me that you only adapted the default scree under the ”uc309eth” section. You need to do the same for the “m45” section.
    When "1benhines" made that comment the current version was not available. Maybe it was not clear to everyone that I provided only the UC300ETH version because that's the only one I have. It is a free addon, so I can't motivate spending the number of hours required for creating one for each type of hardware, so the users had to work a little extra. Now I have a user manual which I think explains the installation very well. Also, installation for the latest version is simpler than the first version.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

Well I decided to start from scratch. I re-downloaded UCCNC and reinstalled everything. It looks like it is working now. From what I can tell, it looks like a version problem or a bad install that caused the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Camera View Post
    David, I have seen the video you made to demonstrate the "issue". The only issue I see in the video is the way you test the probe function. The problem is caused by your "probe" and the fact that what you are probing is moving. You MUST fix your probed piece in order to make a secure touch contact. So, the "issue" is with your test method not the macros. Can also be some sort of electrical issue with your installation. I would like to see your settings, you are flexing too much with the camera, so it is difficult to see all the settings.

I didn't want to risk the probe during testing as a probe is a bit pricy . Basically, a probe will signal by opening or closing a switch when the switch is triggered in the X, Y or Z direction. The method I used was simple, my "switch" was the router bit with the metal plate. Both are metal and conduct electricity. When they touch, the switch is closed and the BOB accepts it the same as if a probe signal. Now that it is working, it no longer pushes the plate forward

Please answer the questions above, otherwise it is not possible to help you out or solve any of your problems. All I know is that I have used these macros for over a year and they work fine on my machine with basic touch probe. I also know that several hundred other users use it and ESPECIALLY the X and Y centering macros are very much used and welcomed and work for them also. So, you need to help me and answer my questions to understand your problems better. Right now, even with the video, I am still in the dark, and the only thing your video proves is that you can't probe anything the way you are probing, unless you get an extremely sensitive probe, not just a simple spiral drill.

Edit: I have just watched your video once again and froze the screen to be able to see your settings. Your settings are totally off. For the Z probing the probe diameter does not matter, but for X and Y it is important to set ALL the parameters right, including the probe diameter. You have the probe diameter set to 1 but the drill bit you have in the spindle collet is at least 5mm. Please read the provided manual. It is important because unless you read it and set it up according to the REAL situation, i.e. not just using the default values, you may cause damage and may have problems with the measurements.
    I agree that my settings were off, this is because I changed them when I was trying to figure out the cause of my problem.

I still have an issue now after probing the Z axis, when I go to 0, the machine goes too low. I'm sure that is a setting that I still have to correct.

In any case, thanks for the help and thanks for your contribution

Kind regards,

David

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

Well I decided to start from scratch. I re-downloaded UCCNC and reinstalled everything. It looks like it is working now. From what I can tell, it looks like a version problem or a bad install that caused the problem.

I agree that my settings were off, this is because I changed them when I was trying to figure out the cause of my problem.

I still have an issue now after probing the Z axis, when I go to 0, the machine goes too low. I'm sure that is a setting that I still have to correct.

In any case, thanks for the help and thanks for your contribution

Kind regards,

David
    Thank you and I am happy that you sorted out the issues. Regarding the Z going too low when you go to zero, that must be some other problem, definitely not causedby the probe functions. Maybe the hardware or something else.

Downloads
    Uploads

The set probed height might be too low then the Z0 is too low either.

Downloads
    Uploads

Unfortunately it seems that my Probe screen is not working with the latest UCCNC 1.2103 release due to a new bug in UCCNC. Anyone using my probe screen should wait for the bug being fixed and should not use the 1.2103 test release.

Downloads
    Uploads

1.2103 is not writing the trip point to the vars, so any routines that use the vars will not work until the next version.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast