New MODBUSEZ SetUp Plugin For UCCNC - Page 4

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: New MODBUSEZ SetUp Plugin For UCCNC

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Dan911 View Post
    Using 40 for your max hz and it worked leads me to think it's a formatting issue on how your vfd excepts frequency, although there was a Hitachi X200 user successively using this plugin.

The plugin calculates frequency by dividing your max frequency by your max rpm in plugin configure setup. So for a typical China spindle 400hz/24000 max rpm = 0.0166666666666667

So if you set your rpm to 24000 in UCCNC:

0.0166666666666667 x 24000 = 400<<<<<<<<<<this is was sent to VFD

24000/6 = 4000<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<this is what being sent to VFD

If you have pulleys enabled this will change how the ModbusEZ plugin calculates frequency sent. Unfortunately when developing this plugin there wasn't enough bata testers to find and get all kinks out so I'm sure many will be found.

Dan
    Thanks for the response Dan.

It is worth mentioning that if I download the X200 manual PDF from Hitachi, that it is different to the printed manual that came with mine.
    This caused some confusion for me until I realised it.
    There must have been some revision or update of the X200 models.
    The differnces that threw me were to do with register number changes.

As I said the Hitachi needs a value between 0 and 4000 in the frequency register.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New MODBUSEZ SetUp Plugin For UCCNC

Quote Originally Posted by Greolt View Post
    As I said the Hitachi needs a value between 0 and 4000 in the frequency register.
    I would be happy to modify plugin to send frequency with your X200 model format if interested in testing. LMK. I did and still think this could be a very useful plugin for a lot of Mach3 users considering making the transition to UCCNC but have no experience writing macros.

Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

I can test Hitachi X200 and SJ200 Both much the same (as long as you go by the printed manual not the PDF manual) "Output Current Monitor" is holding register 1002h Some devices start numbering at base zero and others start at base one. Can be confusing for someone like me. Value put out by the VFD is 0 - 2000. Representing 0 to 200% of rated current. So 1000 = 100% of inverter current rating. So if I want the DRO value to represent amps then I need to divide the register value by 125 (inverter current rating being 8 amps) Or if percentage, then divide by ten. EDIT: Sorry if this is hard to read. For some reason the site is disregarding all formatting.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Greolt,

I had some time this morning to look at this plugin, it was driving me crazy why you needed to set max frequency to 40 to get positive results. I found my error.... it was being times by 100 instead of 10 like I meant to do for proper resolution, this is a very simple fix.

The motor current for amps in plugin already divides the value received by 10, adding another editable field in plugin setup if needed is also a simple fix.

The Hitiachi manual can be very confusing setting up Modbus due to the coil register offset, below is a clip taking from a thread in Mach3 forum.

You you need to read the Modbus specs to understand what is going on, but to summarise there are 2 types of representing Modbus addresses. They are;
    PLC Addresses (Base 1)Protocol Addresses (Base 0)
    They are different ways to represent the same data.

Protocol Addresses Base 0 addresses are the actual data offset. So for coils address 0 accesses the data for the first coil. address 1 accesses the data for the 2nd coil, etc.

For PLC addresses Base 1, Coil addresses start at at address 0001.

And.... Mach3 uses Protocol addressing base 0. Therefore, to access address0001 on the X200 you use the address 0000 as that accesses the first coil.

Clear as mud?

A known problem with plugin is when UCCNC starts up with other plugins enabled ModbusEZ plugin sets frequency at 0, not being aware of this problem users think plugin is not working but actually is and turning spindle on with a 0 frequency setting so not doing anything. A work around is to set rpm in mdi when UCCNC first loads up.

This is the problem I'm hoping to address. Were you able to get Modbus EZ working with your Hitachi X200 and SJ200 ?

Thanks for your help,
    Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Dan911 View Post
    I had some time this morning to look at this plugin, it was driving me crazy why you needed to set max frequency to 40 to get positive results. I found my error.... it was being times by 100 instead of 10 like I meant to do for proper resolution, this is a very simple fix.
    Hitachi VFD requires a value 0 - 4000 to represent frequencies output of 0 - 400. Are all VFDs the same in this respect?

The motor current for amps in plugin already divides the value received by 10, adding another editable field in plugin setup if needed is also a simple fix.
    The amps value reading as % is fine by me. Again is Hitachi output of 0 - 2000 typical across brands?

The Hitiachi manual can be very confusing setting up Modbus due to the coil register offset, below is a clip taking from a thread in Mach3 forum.
    Peter was actually talking to me in that post years ago. I had forgotten

If you look around the forums, it is a common point of confusion among many modbus novice users. Not just Hitachi. And not just VFDs.

Were you able to get Modbus EZ working with your Hitachi X200 and SJ200 ?
    Yes the plugin worked for both X200 and SJ200. However I did not implement the amps feature

Downloads
    Uploads

Hitachi VFD requires a value 0 - 4000 to represent frequencies output of 0 - 400. Are all VFDs the same in this respect?
    I have no idea. With the little experience I have with different VFD's it seems 0-4000 to be the most common. It also seems that some VFD's may be more flexible/forgiven than others. The Huanyang VFD will except 4000, 40000, 400000. It won't except 400 though.

Here's a link of a Hitachi wj200 using 40000 in a Modbus setup for Mach3.

I'm happy to read you were able to get the plugin to control your Hitachi VFD's, what I was hoping to explore is what caused your crashing you posted previously. In the earlier versions of ModbusEZ and Huanyang plugins the method I used to save the settings in plugins caused a conflict with UCCNC and caused some systems to crash. Since changing this method and using the .Pro file to save settings I haven't heard of any crashing until now.

What version of ModbusEZ were you using?
    Did you have other plugins loading at start up? If yes which one?
    What version of UCCNC are you using?

Thanks again,
    Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

I see the Hitachi WJ200 is a later model than my discontinued X200/SJ200

If different VFDs have different specs for things like frequency register then would not ModbuzEZ need a setting for that? Or if it is done via pulleys then an explanation in the PDF manual.

The issue I had with UCCNC crashing when repeatedly pressing + or - speed override disappeared. I can not repeat it. I am sorry that is no help but I have no idea what I did to mess it up and/or fix it.

I am using UCCNC 1.2044 No other plugins were loaded that I recall. ModbuzEZ9 1.0009

Downloads
    Uploads

I see the Hitachi WJ200 is a later model than my discontinued X200/SJ200

If different VFDs have different specs for things like frequency register then would not ModbuzEZ need a setting for that? Or if it is done via pulleys then an explanation in the PDF manual.

The issue I had with UCCNC crashing when repeatedly pressing + or - speed override disappeared. I can not repeat it. I am sorry that is no help but I have no idea what I did to mess it up and/or fix it.

I am using UCCNC 1.2044 No other plugins were loaded that I recall. ModbuzEZ9 1.0009
    Actually you created the setting in the ModbusEZ configure setup...LOL

The plugin multiplies frequency by 100, so in your case 40 was needed. Using pulleys will NOT work, this will only match your max rpm to max frequency. The frequency will still have to be in the format your VFD will accept.

Downloads
    Uploads

great work on this dan. il try to get it set up on a control techniques drive i have had on the floor by my pc for the last year! have the settings already been done for these?

UCCNC powered uk machine sales
    https://cncrouter.uk/atc-cnc-routers.htm

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi I have an hitachi L 200 vfd , the user manual looks the same as the X200 ,Its been running on mach 3 for a few years with no problems,changing to uccnc control
    and using the settings found here I can olny turn the spindle on and run at a speed of 5000 rpm or so with no reading in the sact field. cannot get the speed to change at all ,is there any changes needed on the L200

thanks, Jeff

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by homebrew View Post
    Hi I have an hitachi L 200 vfd , the user manual looks the same as the X200 ,Its been running on mach 3 for a few years with no problems,changing to uccnc control
    and using the settings found here I can olny turn the spindle on and run at a speed of 5000 rpm or so with no reading in the sact field. cannot get the speed to change at all ,is there any changes needed on the L200

thanks, Jeff
    Hi Jeff,

Showing the settings your using I may be able to give more help. Posting your .pro file would be best.

Taking a very brief look at the L200 manual I see the frequency resolution is 0.1 and needs frequency(rpm) sent from 0-4000. I think you are having the same problem Greolt had and it can be read a few post back. The plugin multiplies frequency by 100 to send to VFD, a mistake by me.

So... if set rpm in UCCNC is 24000 rpm the plugin is sending 40000 and your VFD needs 4000. The simple work around is use 40 for your max HZ in the ModbusEZ configure setup. This is assuming your using a typical Chinese spindle.

Dan

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Dan
    This is my pro file I hope its atached ok. I`ve tried the setting you sugested, still the same problem . I`m using the serial port to the vfd I dont think that would make any differance as it was used on mach3 ( just a bit more info )
    thank you for your time Jeff

Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Dan
    This is my pro file I hope its atached ok. I`ve tried the setting you sugested, still the same problem . I`m using the serial port to the vfd I dont think that would make any differance as it was used on mach3 ( just a bit more info )
    thank you for your time Jeff
    Hi Jeff,

Sorry for delayed response,really busy at work with 14 hour days. Once again brief look at L200 manual and I think you may be using wrong address for frequency(0001) in ModbusEZ configure. Try 0023.

New MODBUSEZ SetUp Plugin For UCCNC-shedcncfreq-jpg

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Dan
    tried the 0023 but still no change to the speed . The more I read about modbus and the L200 the more confused I get.
    Thanks again for you time Jeff

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Dan
    tried the 0023 but still no change to the speed . The more I read about modbus and the L200 the more confused I get.
    Thanks again for you time Jeff
    Hmmm, now I'm confused...LOL

Seeing your settings/brain used in Mach3 has all the answers.

Dan

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Dan
    Ive looked at the mach3 modbus setup but still can`t see how to transfer them into the plugin ,do they make any sense to you?
    try as I may just can`t get my head around it
    thank for any help with this, Jeff

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New MODBUSEZ SetUp Plugin For UCCNC-modbus-config-jpg   New MODBUSEZ SetUp Plugin For UCCNC-spindle-brain-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

The frequency address used successfully in Mach3 was 0001 like you originally had. Not going to change others for now since you were able to turn spindle on/off with ModbusEZ plugin with settings you had with .pro file you uploaded.

I see in your Mach3 modbus setup your using a 9600 baud rate but in your .pro file your using a 19200 baud rate for ModbusEZ plugin. Did you change the baud rate in your VFD settings? This setting must match with plugin and VFD. Please confirm this and I will take a deeper look and confident will get you going.

Remember each time a change is made in plugin UCCNC must be shut down and restarted and pulleys unchecked .

Dan

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Dan
    Sorry about that the screen shot is wrong this the one I should have posted , baud rate in the vfd is set to 19200 the same as ModbusEZ plugin .pro file . I have restarted uccnc after changes made to ModbusEZ and the pulleys are unchecked .
    Thanks , Jeff

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New MODBUSEZ SetUp Plugin For UCCNC-modbus-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Dan
    Sorry about that the screen shot is wrong this the one I should have posted , baud rate in the vfd is set to 19200 the same as ModbusEZ plugin .pro file . I have restarted uccnc after changes made to ModbusEZ and the pulleys are unchecked .
    Thanks , Jeff
    Hi Jeff,

If those are the settings used in Mach3 that you successively control your spindle/rpm with Modbus than its sending a holding register to address 0001 for frequency. According to the L200 manual frequency needs to be sent 0-4000, by setting your max frequency to 40 in the ModbosEZ setup should send the correct format to compensate my error in plugin.

thanks, Jeff
    From what I conclude from this post is that the VFD is responding on startup and setting RPM to it's minimum setting set in the modbusez configure setup. What's baffling to me is that it continues to respond to on/off but not frequency/rpm change. The only thing I can suggest at this point is in VFD settings, function code C076 Communication error select, try disabling.

As far as no reading in Sact field goes you won't get a reading. The plugin reads the overridden field to set rpm speed. If you want to see set rpm in Sact field change field # to 2451. This is all assuming your using UCCNC versions 1.2039 or higher.

This is the link to manual for L200 I been using.
    Hitachi L200 Series AC Drives - Hitachi AC Drive - Hitachi VFD

Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

Updated version ModbusEZ 10

1. I fixed the frequency issue so now use nameplate max hz in setup.(I may add frequency multiplier like Greolt suggested after confident all kinks removed)
    2. Removed Amp read (I may add back after confident all kinks removed)
    3. Removed pulley's (I may add back after confident all kinks removed)

I originally set out to develop this plugin to make a simple solution to get users up and running quickly and easily with Modbus. It think adding bells and whistles to quickly made more problems than they were worth. The plugin will develop by users request and inputs.

ModbusEZ10>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MODBUSEZ.rar.zip

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast