New MODBUSEZ SetUp Plugin For UCCNC - Page 3

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: New MODBUSEZ SetUp Plugin For UCCNC

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: UPDATED MODBUSEZ4 Plugin

Still crashing, even ModbusEZ4.
    I know why.
    I solved it, after which it was working for me.
    Others may get the same crash.
    I know how you could fix it.

...but you are not interested...

...so I don't care. This was my last test and probably the last post in this thread on this subject.

https://www.youtube.com/c/AdaptingCamera/videos
    https://adapting-camera.blogspot.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New MODBUSEZ SetUp Plugin For UCCNC

If anybody using this plugin have an issue please post or PM and I will help resolve the issue just like I've done in the past with the HYplugin that many are using.

Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello All,
    I recently became aware of a bug in the HYPlugin and realized this plugin was built from same platform and same bug followed. Regardless of how many using this plugin I felt obligated to fix . In doing so I decided to add a lot of new features since it basically was just the trouble of copy/paste.

ModbusEZ5:

1. When changing through UCCNC interface screens quickly could cause it to lockup....Fixed

2. Added any spindle/motor can be configured to use this plugin.

3. Implemented use of the UCCNC pulley system.

4. Added register to read amps and could be used to monitor load on spindle while cutting.

5. Added Rpm only for users that use other hardware to turn spindle on/off.

6. Removed Polling speed since all commands sent are instant and don't rely on speed of polling.

Haven't put together setup instructions yet but the same can be used from previous versions a long with popular VFD settings posted in this thread.

New MODBUSEZ SetUp Plugin For UCCNC-modbusez5-jpg

Download here>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ModbusEZ5.rar.zip

Last edited by Dan911; 05-13-2017 at 06:15 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Milosh,

I hope you don't mind me bringing this to thread, this info may help other users.

I did confirm the settings I posted for the Hitachi X200 wont work with the WJ200. I'm posting new settings for this model and would really appreciate you posting back to confirm if they worked for you. While researching and testing I also realized I left a debugging speed on polling by mistake and removed it.

Please use the new version "ModbusEZ6" I uploaded and try your WJ200 with these settings, I'm assuming your using a 24000/400 spindle, please adjust spindle/motor if not.

Download Here>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ModbusEZ6.rar.zip

New MODBUSEZ SetUp Plugin For UCCNC-wj200-jpg
    Hitachi WJ200

Last edited by Dan911; 05-14-2017 at 11:06 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Updating to ModbusEZ7

1. Fixed issue with Spindle override allowing RPM to be set lower than min rpm setting.

2. Fixed Amp address to be saved.

This New Version comes with brief manual with setup instructions>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ModbusEZ7.rar.zip

Downloads
    Uploads

Have not had a chance yet to try this.

However I wanted to say how much I appreciate your efforts on this.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you for your kind words and happy to give back to a community I took so much from.

Plugin works well when proper settings are applied, any troubles please post back and will certainly get you going.

Thanks,
    Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello All,

I have a updated version of this plugin "ModbusEZ8", this updated version will only work with UCCNC versions 1.2038 and up.

Included in Zip download is also an updated manual, in the manual there is complete setups, just choose your Make of VFD and should be up and running in minuets with UCCNC software controlling your spindle/motor.

Download here>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ModbusEZ8.rar.zip

Last edited by Dan911; 06-01-2017 at 04:04 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Dan911 View Post
    Hello All,

I have a updated version of this plugin "ModbusEZ8", this updated version will only work with UCCNC versions 1.2038 and up.

Included in Zip download is also an updated manual, in the manual there is complete setups, just choose your Make of VFD and should be up and running in minuets with UCCNC software controlling your spindle/motor.

Download here>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ModbusEZ8.rar.zip
    Hi Dan, I saw in your manual that the VFD must be In RTU 8N1... I just checked my VFD documentation (its a Delta VFD-M) but only says RTU 8N2, No 8N1... would that going to work??

thanks in advance!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by karloterrazas View Post
    Hi Dan, I saw in your manual that the VFD must be In RTU 8N1... I just checked my VFD documentation (its a Delta VFD-M) but only says RTU 8N2, No 8N1... would that going to work??

thanks in advance!
    It should not work, but why not test it? If it does not work you can use what is built in the UCCNC or ask Dan to make a small modification for the Delta. It is strange that they don't have 8N1 even though 8N2 is more common. You can also try 8E1 or 8O1, if parity errors are ignored that may work also. I don't think Dan is doing any parity checks, but maybe the Delta is doing it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by A_Camera View Post
    It should not work, but why not test it? If it does not work you can use what is built in the UCCNC or ask Dan to make a small modification for the Delta. It is strange that they don't have 8N1 even though 8N2 is more common. You can also try 8E1 or 8O1, if parity errors are ignored that may work also. I don't think Dan is doing any parity checks, but maybe the Delta is doing it.
    I will have to try... Currently i'm only waiting for the USB converter to arrive. Maybe this can be a future update for his plugin.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by karloterrazas View Post

thanks in advance!
    Hi karloterrazas,

I seen that in the Delta VFD- M manual and thought that it was odd since of the many manuals I looked through it was a first with only option with 2 StopBits, thought possibly a misprint. I always intended to make the Serial Port setup more editable but never found a reason to do it.

Here you go for now, in serial port setup I added and option for "One" or "Two" StopBits.(8N2)

ModbusEZ9>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ModbusEZ9.rar.zip

Dan

Last edited by Dan911; 06-14-2017 at 08:14 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi karloterrazas,

I seen that in the Delta VFD- M manual and thought that it was odd since of the many manuals I looked through it was a first with only option with 2 StopBits, thought possibly a misprint. I always intended to make the Serial Port setup more editable but never found a reason to do it.

Here you go for now, in serial port setup I added and option for "One" or "Two" StopBits.(8N2)

ModbusEZ9>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ModbusEZ9.rar.zip

Dan
    Wow!! that update came really quickly. I just want to say Thank you so much for your help and I will try as soon as i can.

Downloads
    Uploads

If it does not work you can use what is built in the UCCNC
    Hi AC,

I seen you post several times that the UCCNC Modbus plugin is "built in" and never understood what you mean. There is no doubt it's a very well written plugin, it was written by the same programmers of UCCNC I would assume. But it's still a plugin and not clear to me what makes it built in?

Couldn't any experienced C sharp programmer with the help of UCCNC support guidance achieve the same?

I'm in no means trying to imply ModbusEZ can compare, I'm not an experienced C# programmer. Just trying to determine if UCCNC Modbus plugin has something that other plugin programmers can't achieve.

Thanks,
    Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

I seen you post several times that the UCCNC Modbus plugin is "built in" and never understood what you mean. There is no doubt it's a very well written plugin, it was written by the same programmers of UCCNC I would assume. But it's still a plugin and not clear to me what makes it built in?
    Built in is the wrong word. It is integrated with some built in functions and delivered with the product. Easier to say that it is built in.

Couldn't any experienced C sharp programmer with the help of UCCNC support guidance achieve the same?
    The one in the product is been created by Balázs, and of course he has all the information needed. Could somebody else with the same knowledge do it as well? Of course, but it is not enough to be a C# programmer, the person must have some (more than basic) data communication experience as well, and I mean programming, not just configuring some ports.

I'm in no means trying to imply ModbusEZ can compare, I'm not an experienced C# programmer. Just trying to determine if UCCNC Modbus plugin has something that other plugin programmers can't achieve.
    The UCCNC Modbus plugin is extremely flexible. In general, of course, any programmer can create a similar one, but that would be pointless because it would not be less complex, just maybe different. Your plugin is easier to set up for someone who is interested in basic controls of the VFD, a replacement for 0-10V and two relays.

Last edited by A_Camera; 06-16-2017 at 04:45 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Built in is the wrong word. It is integrated with some built in functions and delivered with the product. Easier to say that it is built in.

The UCCNC Modbus plugin is extremely flexible. In general, of course, any programmer can create a similar one, but that would be pointless because it would not be less complex, just maybe different. Your plugin is easier to set up for someone who is interested in basic controls of the VFD, a replacement for 0-10V and two relays.
    I read your first post and missed your editing details.

The Modbus plugin UCCNC (and Mach4) provides requires programming knowledge to write macros in order to work with any VFD. The plugin is as good as the macro the user needs to write to use it. There are many discussions and bad approaches in post the can easily be found with a google search.

Yes, I tried to supply a simpler solution. As far as you looking at the ModbusEZ plugin as a replacement for 0-10v and 2 relays I look at it as there is no need to upgrade to a new board and rewire your electrical enclosure to have UCCNC control your spindle. Especially since IMO Modbus controlling your RPM is far superior than 0-10 volts.

Dan

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

This is a very interesting pluggin. Do you think this will work with this VFD that is on my router?

https://www.yaskawa.com/products/dri...rives/v7-drive

I would love to be able to use this. Thank you for your efforts and your time!!!!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by motogeeking View Post
    This is a very interesting pluggin. Do you think this will work with this VFD that is on my router?

https://www.yaskawa.com/products/dri...rives/v7-drive

I would love to be able to use this. Thank you for your efforts and your time!!!!!
    With a brief look at the manual I downloaded from the site you linked for the Yaskawa VFD shows it's Modbus compatible and gives instructions for Modbus setup. So yes the ModbusEZ plugin should have no problems communicating/controlling this VFD.

What spindle/motor are you using?

This is the manual I downloaded and briefly looked at is>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> New MODBUSEZ SetUp Plugin For UCCNC-tm-v7-01-pdf

Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

Hitachi X200, USB to 485 converter

At first I could not get ModbusEZ to work for the life of me. So I gave up and went with the Modbus Master plugin that comes installed with UCCNC.

Got that going after coming to terms with the two differing register numbering systems. (who ever dreamt up that oddity)

It needs a macro loop and after a little help got that sorted. Working well.

Then I went back to ModbusEZ armed with the little experience I had gained to give it another go.

With the setting shown in the pic it worked. Note these are different to the users manual settings for X200.

Spindle On CW should be 0001. First bit 1 and second bit 0

Spindle On CCW, I did not need, so left it to 0000 (same as spindle stop)

Frequency register in the X200 needs to be in the range 0 - 4000. Maximum HZ of 400 (24000 rpm) equates to a register value of 4000

You need to take the value from the S-Overridden DRO and divide it by 6. This turns full speed of 24000 RPM into a value of 4000 sent to the X200 register.

Took me a while to find in ModbusEZ a setting for MaxHZ of 40 works. Don't know what logic in the background makes that so.

So it works. That's good. Now for the issue.

Pressing "+" or "-" repeatedly to adjust the speed override crashes UCCNC. Consistently.

Disable ModbusEZ, no problem. Enable Modbus Master, no problem. Enable ModbusEZ and UCCNC will crash everytime.

EDIT: Tested one more time after posting the above. This time it did NOT crash UCCNC. No idea why it did crash every time and now does not. Go figure!!!!!!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New MODBUSEZ SetUp Plugin For UCCNC-modbusez-pic-jpg  
    Last edited by Greolt; 09-17-2017 at 06:26 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Greolt View Post
    Hitachi X200, USB to 485 converter

At first I could not get ModbusEZ to work for the life of me. So I gave up and went with the Modbus Master plugin that comes installed with UCCNC.

Got that going after coming to terms with the two differing register numbering systems. (who ever dreamt up that oddity)

It needs a macro loop and after a little help got that sorted. Working well.

Then I went back to ModbusEZ armed with the little experience I had gained to give it another go.

With the setting shown in the pic it worked. Note these are different to the users manual settings for X200.

Spindle On CW should be 0001. First bit 1 and second bit 0

Spindle On CCW, I did not need, so left it to 0000 (same as spindle stop)

Frequency register in the X200 needs to be in the range 0 - 4000. Maximum HZ of 400 (24000 rpm) equates to a register value of 4000

You need to take the value from the S-Overridden DRO and divide it by 6. This turns full speed of 24000 RPM into a value of 4000 sent to the X200 register.

Took me a while to find in ModbusEZ a setting for MaxHZ of 40 works. Don't know what logic in the background makes that so.

So it works. That's good. Now for the issue.

Pressing "+" or "-" repeatedly to adjust the speed override crashes UCCNC. Consistently.

Disable ModbusEZ, no problem. Enable Modbus Master, no problem. Enable ModbusEZ and UCCNC will crash everytime.

EDIT: Tested one more time after posting the above. This time it did NOT crash UCCNC. No idea why it did crash every time and now does not. Go figure!!!!!!
    Using 40 for your max hz and it worked leads me to think it's a formatting issue on how your vfd excepts frequency, although there was a Hitachi X200 user successively using this plugin.

The plugin calculates frequency by dividing your max frequency by your max rpm in plugin configure setup. So for a typical China spindle 400hz/24000 max rpm = 0.0166666666666667

So if you set your rpm to 24000 in UCCNC:

0.0166666666666667 x 24000 = 400<<<<<<<<<<this is was sent to VFD

24000/6 = 4000<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<this is what being sent to VFD

If you have pulleys enabled this will change how the ModbusEZ plugin calculates frequency sent. Unfortunately when developing this plugin there wasn't enough bata testers to find and get all kinks out so I'm sure many will be found.

Dan

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast