New MODBUSEZ SetUp Plugin For UCCNC - Page 2

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New MODBUSEZ SetUp Plugin For UCCNC

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New MODBUSEZ SetUp Plugin For UCCNC

Champagne in the fridge... must wait to open but we can start cooling it.

It works but the frequency is wrong since it must be multiplied by 10, one zero is missing at the end. I don't know if my VFD is the only one calculating the frequency this way.

A general observation is that I don't like the long time between messages. It is too slow as it is. This should also be a user parameter, just like minimum spindle speed.

https://www.youtube.com/c/AdaptingCamera/videos
    https://adapting-camera.blogspot.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Ac,

All Modbus Standard VFD's read the same either RTU or ASCII, the plugin does the calculating. The test Plugin I sent you was a stripped down version( Safe Mode?) and the calculation for frequency was changed from how its normally calculated to help confirm it was a cultureinfo issue, and what part of my code it was coming from. Even though I used the wrong formula to calculate it still pointed me to the root of my problem.

Thank you for the cncdrive links above but if you read through you will see I posted there and I read through that thread.

Thanks for all your help,
    Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Dan911 View Post
    Hi Ac,

All Modbus Standard VFD's read the same either RTU or ASCII, the plugin does the calculating. The test Plugin I sent you was a stripped down version( Safe Mode?) and the calculation for frequency was changed from how its normally calculated to help confirm it was a cultureinfo issue, and what part of my code it was coming from. Even though I used the wrong formula to calculate it still pointed me to the root of my problem.

Thank you for the cncdrive links above but if you read through you will see I posted there and I read through that thread.

Thanks for all your help,
    Dan
    I know all that and much more about Modbus. Anyway, the rpm to frequency convertion is wrong. That is what I wanted to tell you.
    Oh well...

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by A_Camera View Post
    I know all that and much more about Modbus. Anyway, the rpm to frequency convertion is wrong. That is what I wanted to tell you.
    Oh well...
    Hmm... Did I miss something? Was replying to post#21. I can easily implement adjustable polling speed by user but don't see the advantage.

Here it is with cultualinfo issue finally put to rest, I'm drinking my champagne and you sleeping...LOL

ACTEST4.rar.zip

Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

Hmm... Did I miss something? Was replying to post#21. I can easily implement adjustable polling speed by user but don't see the advantage.
    LOL. So far you haven't seen any advantage in many other of my previous proposals either, which are now implemented anyway... like for example the earliest I remember, the constant opening/closing of com port, the 8000 rpm minimum spindle speed being too high, the NEED for continuous communication and so on. So perhaps later on you will realize that all my other proposals make a lot of sense as well. In the meantime, if you send messages with such large time gaps in between then what does not make sense is using high speed serial communication. Running this slow you might as well fix the bps to 4800 and that would have the advantage of not being sensitive to noise at all.

As it is, it is pointless to run at 115200bps because the wait between messages is far too long so there is no advantage. Also, with the slightest communication issue with one message the timeout is so long that it becomes painful to wait for the spindle to stop and in that time I can manage to slowly walk to the other side of the room and push the stop button on the VFD and I get back to the machine before the next message comes... (well, almost).

OK, you don't see an advantage, but I do, just like I see an advantage in allowing users to set the minimum spindle speed, as I explained earlier. Perhaps when somebody starts using the plugin and points these things out you will realize the advantages.

Here is another one of my proposals:

If the user have a minimum spindle speed set up in the configuration which is wrong because it is lower than 1000 rpm then instead of just sending the three messages and stop completely, you should generate a message explaining the problem and should continue checking the value and once the value is set again the communication should be restarted. I think the is also a pretty easy thing to implement. Of course, this case should be considered as an RTFM error, but never the less, it may generate unnecessary support questions and save you time from answering.

Here it is with cultualinfo issue finally put to rest, I'm drinking my champagne and you sleeping...LOL

ACTEST4.rar.zip

Dan
    Is this still a test release or if it works it will be renamed to final? I mean, if it contains anything special for debugging, I'd appreciate if you'd tell me in advance before I run this one. It takes up quite a lot of my time to install, run, give you feedback about the results and then to hear after I tested that some of the changes are just temporary and a new test release is generated... I mean, iterative development is fine, but the tests between tiny steps must be done by the programmer IMHO...

Downloads
    Uploads

AC, I hate to bust your bubble but the reason the minimum rpm was added was because I implemented any spindle motor to the plugin along with the pulley system within UCCNC and it was needed. With the opening and closing of ports was in its very early stages and was something I always planed to address from start.

Sorry I didn't fill you in on my methods of confirming what the problem was. By asking you to change your windows setting I thought would be more of an inconvenience than just placing the plugin in your folder and see if it worked.

Thanks once again, you been a big help in finally putting this culturalinfo problem I been occasionally having with the HYPLUGIN and MODBUSEZ behind me. I will revise both plugins.

Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by A_Camera View Post
    As it is, it is pointless to run at 115200bps because the wait between messages is far too long so there is no advantage. Also, with the slightest communication issue with one message the timeout is so long that it becomes painful to wait for the spindle to stop and in that time I can manage to slowly walk to the other side of the room and push the stop button on the VFD and I get back to the machine before the next message comes... (well, almost).

OK, you don't see an advantage, but I do, just like I see an advantage in allowing users to set the minimum spindle speed, as I explained earlier. Perhaps when somebody starts using the plugin and points these things out you will realize the advantage.
    Here it is per your proposal, polling speed implemented for testing. I suggest starting at 1000ms and not going lower than 500ms>>>>>>>>>>>ACPollingSpd.zip

Downloads
    Uploads

Default UPDATED MODBUSEZ Plugin

Hello All,

I updated the MODBUSEZ plugin, the update includes;

1. Some non US windows my have experienced problems.

2. I added a Polling Speed by request, I suggest setting to 1000ms until your up and running than tweak for quicker response time. This setting will vary between computers and there connection speed.

3.Set Up instructions is enclosed in zip file.

4. I'm also updating some of the snips of set ups, I been told and there's obviously more than 1 way that each VFD can connect so I'm choosing 1 and following manual. (see below). Hoping to be adding more VFD set ups soon.

Updated MODBUSEZ3 can be downloaded here>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MODBUSEZ3.rar.zip

New MODBUSEZ SetUp Plugin For UCCNC-hitachi-x200-jpg HITACHI X200

New MODBUSEZ SetUp Plugin For UCCNC-machtric-s800e-jpg MACHTRIC S800E

New MODBUSEZ SetUp Plugin For UCCNC-bosch-rexroth-efc5610-jpg Bosch Rexroth EFC5610

New MODBUSEZ SetUp Plugin For UCCNC-nowforever-e100-jpg NOWFOREVER E100

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: UPDATED MODBUSEZ Plugin

New MODBUSEZ SetUp Plugin For UCCNC-bosch-rexroth-efc5610-jpg Bosch Rexroth EFC5610
    Note that I have not tested the last two versions on my VFD. Priorities changed. Also, if it works with the EFC5610 then it works with many other Bosch Rexroth as well, since as far as I know, a huge number of their VFD (if not all) use the same protocol and registers/commands.

Downloads
    Uploads

Actually you did test prior test version and was enough to tell me the non US window issue was fixed and that the Bosch responded to settings above. The newest version been tested on other systems and works well.

Once again Thanks for your help,
    Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/steppe...ml#post2019566

Hey AC nice vid, I noticed you have the MODBUSEZ plugin enabled. I hope its working well for you.

Dan
    Thanks for the comment about my vid, but I don't understand how you can see that your plugin is enabled, because it is not. So if you can see it enabled somewhere then there is a bug. I have no interest in using the plugin, which I told you several times before, but you don't seem to believe me for some reason.

This is how my main screen looked like yesterday:

New MODBUSEZ SetUp Plugin For UCCNC-main-screen-jpg

...and this is how it looks like today:

New MODBUSEZ SetUp Plugin For UCCNC-main-screen_2-jpg

The only difference I see is that now I set back the minimum rpm to zero, yesterday it was still 1000. The plugin was NOT enabled.

New MODBUSEZ SetUp Plugin For UCCNC-plugin-disabled-jpg

In fact, while checking this out, I decided to clean the folder and deleted all unused plugin from the folder, so now it can't even be enabled by mistake.

New MODBUSEZ SetUp Plugin For UCCNC-cleaned-jpg

As I said before, I have changed priorities, not tested the last two versions and have no interest in using the plugin. If you don't believe it, that's fine, but that's your problem.

Downloads
    Uploads

OMG....You are one arrogant man. I posted "NICE VID" in another thread!!! I really care less of your interest, what I do care about is you continually flooding my thread of your NO INTEREST. There's 3 pages of you with a NON US windows issue and then don't have the courtesy to say its fixed.

PLEASE MOVE ON... I will refrain from posting/commenting in any of your threads and please do the same for me.

What lead me to believe MODBUSEZ was loaded is because the MODBUSEZ plugin writes the Sact field with the spindle override RPM even when spindle not running like the pic in your video shows. (Pic from your video below.)

New MODBUSEZ SetUp Plugin For UCCNC-acmodbusezenabled-jpg

Link to thread>>>>>>>>http://www.cnczone.com/forums/steppe...ml#post2019678

Downloads
    Uploads

OMG....You are one arrogant man. I posted "NICE VID" in another thread!!! I really care less of your interest, what I do care about is you continually flooding my thread of your NO INTEREST.
    Am I arrogant?...

Well, I thought it was not clear to you, because you actually believed I was not telling you the truth before about it, and was actually using the plugin. Anyway, your comment was in fact much more than "nice vid", it was mostly about the plugin and I thought that hijacking somebody else's thread to discuss your plugin is wrong. Perhaps you don't think so, but I do.

There's 3 pages of you with a NON US windows issue and then don't have the courtesy to say its fixed.
    3 pages????? you mean three posts... perhaps. Indeed I had the courtesy to actually TEST and continue testing (without personal need for it) until I thought that I have no more time or will to be a lab rat and bailed out. BTW, I thought it was clear that the culture info problem was fixed already when I answered in #21, which is why I said what I said in that post. If it was not, then next time be more open towards those who spend time in testing your plugin and don't go around insulting them.

PLEASE MOVE ON... I will refrain from posting/commenting in any of your threads and please do the same for me.
    Seems like your bubble is more easily burst than mine... Sorry I hurt your feelings, was definitely not my intentions at all.

What lead me to believe MODBUSEZ was loaded is because the MODBUSEZ plugin writes the Sact field with the spindle override RPM even when spindle not running like the pic in your video shows. (Pic from your video below.)

New MODBUSEZ SetUp Plugin For UCCNC-acmodbusezenabled-jpg

Link to thread>>>>>>>>http://www.cnczone.com/forums/steppe...ml#post2019678
    Yes, well... so does my macro as well... it did that long before you created the HY plugin... it's not really rocket science to write to the Sact field with the spindle override.

Code:
    // ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    //
    // M20300 Macro for Set spindle speed via Modbus
    //
    // When this macro is called it will check the Set Spindle Speed and the Spindle Speed Override DRO
    // and will calculate the matching frequency. This is set in Modbus register which is sent to the VFD.
    // The actual RPM is displayed in Sact field and is corrected by the spindle speed override.
    //
    // ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    //
    //	Constants
    //
    ushort SSetDRO = 869;
    ushort SactDRO = 20000;
    ushort SspeedOverrideDRO = 233;
    ushort VFDFrequencyRegister = 1;
    ushort MaximumRPM = 24000;
    //
    //	Variables
    //
    string SspeedOverride;
    int IndexOfPercentSign;
    string SSpeedOverride;
    //
    //	Program starts here
    //
    //
    //
    // Get the string of Spindle speed override percent, strip off the '%' sign.
    // 
    SspeedOverride = AS3.Getfield(SspeedOverrideDRO);
    IndexOfPercentSign = SspeedOverride.IndexOf('%');
    if (IndexOfPercentSign > 0)	// Necessary because the macro starts before the SspeedOverrideDRO is initialized
    {
    	SSpeedOverride = SspeedOverride.Substring(0, IndexOfPercentSign);
    //
    // Calculate the real RPM by multiplying the set spindle RPM with the override percent.
    //
    	double SSpeedHz = ( AS3.Getfielddouble(SSetDRO) * ( (double) Convert.ToDouble (SSpeedOverride) / 100));
    	if (SSpeedHz > MaximumRPM)
    	{
    		SSpeedHz = MaximumRPM;	// Force maximum RPM to prevent exception
    	}
    	AS3.Setfield( SSpeedHz , SactDRO);	// Write the real RPM to dro
    //
    // Calculate the matching RPM frequency and send the value to Modbus register.
    //
    	exec.SetModbusregister(VFDFrequencyRegister, (ushort) Convert.ToUInt16(SSpeedHz / 0.6));
    }
    //
    // ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    //
    //	End of program
    That is the code I have been using for quite a long time now. I hope you approve.

BTW, remember that this is an open forum. If you think I done something which is against the rules, feel free to report that to the admins, or ask them to remove my posts, but that's all. If you post something you should accept that people respond, even if you don't like the answer. If you don't like the response there are other ways to handle that than insulting them and asking them to stay away from you. I don't know why it makes you so upset that I keep repeating something which you don't seem to believe or understand. Even in this post you held up the Sact field writing as some sort of "evidence" that I am lying to you about it, so please stop and don't assume anything. I felt the need to post the answer here, because this discussion is ONLY about your plugin and not my vid or the current consumption of steppers or dimensioning PSUs, which that other thread was about. That's obvious. So, of course, discussing this there is totally off topic and hijacking that thread, but not this one.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

So what else do I need to control the VFD via modbus over ethernet? I have a Hitachi WJ200-022SF and a UC300ETH controller with basic breakout boards no fancy switching or anything. Not trying to side track the discussion, but I couldn't figure out how to private message you.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWolf View Post
    So what else do I need to control the VFD via modbus over ethernet? I have a Hitachi WJ200-022SF and a UC300ETH controller with basic breakout boards no fancy switching or anything. Not trying to side track the discussion, but I couldn't figure out how to private message you.
    LOL... Not you side tracking discussion.

All you would need is a RS-485 converter, the one I posted link for is a RS232 to RS485, it connects to the serial port on comp you have UCCNC running. If you don't have a serial port on comp running UCCNC there's also USB to RS-485 converters, if you search ebay many will appear. You will connect 2 wires from the RS-485 converter to your VFD. That's it.

If you have anymore questions feel free to post.

RS232 to RS485 Communication Data Converter Adapter with a Terminal Board | eBay

Dan

*************EDIT*********************

Hey WhiteWolf, I came across this in my folder of research before writing the MODBUSEZ plugin, its for a Hitachi x200 but thought it might help. I did not write this but don't remember where I downloaded it from.

New MODBUSEZ SetUp Plugin For UCCNC-hitachi-x200-modbus-settings-pdf

Last edited by Dan911; 03-18-2017 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Added Hitachi Modbus Set up

Downloads
    Uploads

WhiteWolf, after posting PDF in previous post I took a look at the WJ200 manual and it seems that it may be a different connection than the X200. The snip below was taken from your manual (WJ200).

New MODBUSEZ SetUp Plugin For UCCNC-hitachi-wj200-jpg

And if using the RS-485 converter I posted link for the R+ would connect to SP and the R- would connect to SN

New MODBUSEZ SetUp Plugin For UCCNC-rs-485_jpg_3-jpg

Hope this helps,

Dan

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am looking for what is needed for modbus over ethernet like A_Camera has done not serial port

Downloads
    Uploads

I am looking for what is needed for modbus over ethernet like A_Camera has done not serial port
    There is a short answer here:

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/cnc-wo...ml#post2019940

I am though planning a complete description of how to set it up, but that must wait about a week. Never the less, I will document it in more details, here on CNC Zone (not in this thread) or on my blog.

Downloads
    Uploads

Dan, I know you won't believe me and also know you asked me to get lost from this thread, but I had some time over tonight and tested the last versions. Unfortunately when any of those are enabled my UCCNC 1.2032 crash. Nothing, no change is possible, and once the plugin is enabled it is not even possible to disable it, it crash immediately at startup. The only way I can start UCCNC after that is if I edit the profile and set it to False, or if I delete the plugin. The last working version is the one in the ACTEST4.rar.zip file. All the others crash my UCCNC and I have no idea why. Admittedly, I did not do any deep testing of the one in ACTEST4.rar.zip, only clicked on the button for forward and reverse spinning of the spindle at minimum speed, but I believe that it works if the spindle would be handled in a G-code.

I thought maybe you wanted to know...

Downloads
    Uploads

Default UPDATED MODBUSEZ4 Plugin

Hello All,

I updated the MODBUSEZ Plugin to "MODBUSEZ4" and all other versions should be deleted since this version is most stable. The setup instructions did instruct that all register fields needed to be in hexadecimal along with other conditions, but if you mistakenly put an improper character in the register fields this could cause and exemption in plugin. This was fixed along with other minor issues. I also set register fields to only except hexadecimal as another precaution.

My main goal when I started writing this plugin was to make setup as easy as possible, I'm hoping that the settings list of the most common VFD's continue to grow and setup is nothing more than copy/paste. I added another VFD settings (KCLY) that is successively being controlled by UCCNC with the help of MODBUSEZ4 plugin.

Download Here>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ModbusEZ4.rar.zip

Since most VFD's are capable of supplying some useful info such as Volts, Amps, VFD temperature....etc, I will be adding a read command to plugin. If you create a simple text field on your UCCNC screen the plugin will write to this field the info of your choice. This will be completed as soon as my time allows.

Updated VFD settings list:

New MODBUSEZ SetUp Plugin For UCCNC-kcly-koc100-jpg KCLY KOC100

New MODBUSEZ SetUp Plugin For UCCNC-machtric-s800e-jpg MACHTRIC S800E

New MODBUSEZ SetUp Plugin For UCCNC-hitachi-x200-jpg Hitachi X200

New MODBUSEZ SetUp Plugin For UCCNC-nowforever-e100-jpg NOWFOREVER E100

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast