Huanyang VFD Macro/ Plugin - Page 26

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1623242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Huanyang VFD Macro/ Plugin

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Huanyang VFD Macro/ Plugin

No, because the multimeter shows only one value which is based on measuring a period of time and avaraging that and the time is usually long.
    You can have for example a PWM with 50% dutycyle 0-5 Volts and high frequency which your multimeter will show as a 2.5V DC voltage, because it samples and avarages.
    In regards the analog voltage for the VFD it is possible that the breakout board converts the PWM to analog inperfectly leaving some fluctation on the signal, for example a 4.5V signal with a 1Vpp fluctation on it.
    If the frequency of that fluctation is high enough then your multimeter might not show it to you, but an oscilloscope is.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi All of you

Just to inform you, I purchased a new VFD, it was completely plug and play, I did the settings, and ran UCCNC with the allready configured plugin, the spindle rotates rock solid at all given RPM settings.
    Thank you all for your support, and a special thumps up for Dan for making this awsome plugin.

Regards
    Jan

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Tyknok View Post
    Hi All of you

Just to inform you, I purchased a new VFD, it was completely plug and play, I did the settings, and ran UCCNC with the allready configured plugin, the spindle rotates rock solid at all given RPM settings.
    Thank you all for your support, and a special thumps up for Dan for making this awsome plugin.

Regards
    Jan
    Hi Jan,

Your update is very appreciated but unfortunate China stuck you with a bad VFD. I'm sure very little conciliation to you but your bad experience read here can help others.

Thanks,
    Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Dan911,
    PM Sent.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Dan great plugin and thanks for all your hard work, I have it running in uccnc and the 2017 Screen set. I do have 1 question and that is when I increase my speed with either the plus symbol or the slider it maxes out at 18000, my max is set to 24000 for a 2.2kw water cooled spindle. I can s command it to 24000 and it goes there so I'm just wondering if that's normal. Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,
    Bob

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Regulator View Post
    Hi Dan great plugin and thanks for all your hard work, I have it running in uccnc and the 2017 Screen set. I do have 1 question and that is when I increase my speed with either the plus symbol or the slider it maxes out at 18000, my max is set to 24000 for a 2.2kw water cooled spindle. I can s command it to 24000 and it goes there so I'm just wondering if that's normal. Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Bob
    Go to "CONFIGURATION/AXIS SETUP/SPINDLE" and check "PWM Spindle". Be sure to check "port & pin" settings.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi gene8522, I'm not sure what to pick as far as port and pins, I'm using the JBtec I think that's the right name, it's the usb ger21 recommends. If I managed to miss something that I was supposed to enter please let me know. Thanks for the reply

Best Regard,
    Bob

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Dan

Is it possible to add a safety function to your plugin?
    At the moment it's seems that you don't check for a feedback afterwards you have send a command.

For example if the VFD is off and you start a job, the plugin will just send the run command and assume that all is fine which could lead to some damage.

I don’t know if the VFD sends a received feedback on all the commands but otherwise you can ask for the actual RPM or the frequency directly after the run command,
    if there is no feedback after 500-1000ms it will trigger an e-stop and maybe show a msgbox.

What do you think?

// Jack

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, the VFD responds to every command. I can have plugin monitor the Status and if cycle start is pressed and VFD not responding..."Do Something"

Let me put a little thought into this to make sure this wouldn't cause more problems than good.

Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Jckhmmr View Post
    Hi Dan

Is it possible to add a safety function to your plugin?
    At the moment it's seems that you don't check for a feedback afterwards you have send a command.

For example if the VFD is off and you start a job, the plugin will just send the run command and assume that all is fine which could lead to some damage.

I don’t know if the VFD sends a received feedback on all the commands but otherwise you can ask for the actual RPM or the frequency directly after the run command,
    if there is no feedback after 500-1000ms it will trigger an e-stop and maybe show a msgbox.

What do you think?

// Jack
    Hi Jack,

Sorry long day and didn't have much time to play with this but have and idea for you to test, it would be something similar if implemented in plugin.

1. Create a field and use the Amp feature in plugin.
    2. Create a Macro and input code below and use Macroloop Config in UCCNC and check Autorun.

if cycle start is pressed and VFD not responding it will trip a Estop. NOT TESTED.

Code:
    bool run = AS3.GetLED(19);
    bool dwell = AS3.GetLED(21);
    double VFDonoroff = AS3.Getfielddouble(????);//your amp field replaced with question marks

if((run == true) && (dwell == false) && (VFDonoroff <= 0))
    {AS3.Switchbutton(true, 144);}
    Let me know how it works!
    Dan

Last edited by Dan911; 10-01-2018 at 10:10 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Dan911 View Post
    Hi Jack,

Sorry long day and didn't have much time to play with this but have and idea for you to test, it would be something similar if implemented in plugin.

1. Create a field and use the Amp feature in plugin.
    2. Create a Macro and input code below and use Macroloop Config in UCCNC and check Autorun.

if cycle start is pressed and VFD not responding it will trip a Estop. NOT TESTED.

Code:
    bool run = AS3.GetLED(19);
    bool dwell = AS3.GetLED(21);
    double VFDonoroff = AS3.Getfielddouble(????);//your amp field replaced with question marks

if((run == true) && (dwell == false) && (VFDonoroff <= 0))
    {AS3.Switchbutton(true, 144);}
    Let me know how it works!
    Dan

Hi Dan

Nice, but I think that a delay is needed.

When you press cycle start it normally takes some seconds before the g-code start the VFD, and then its takes some time before you getting an AMP reading.

I change the input to "SpindleCW enable" instead of "Cycle Start".
    and then a delay before I tried to read the AMP value

something like this:

Code:
    bool SpindleCW = AS3.GetLED(50);
    bool state = false;
    double VFDamp = AS3.Getfielddouble(998);//your amp field replaced with question marks

if((SpindleCW == true) && (state == false))
    {
    	Thread.Sleep(2000);

if(VFDamp <= 0)
    	{
    		MessageBox.Show("Communication Error");
    		AS3.Switchbutton(true, 144);
    	}
    		else
    	{
    		MessageBox.Show("OK");
    	}

state = true;

}

if(SpindleCW == false)
    {
        state = false;
    }
    it's not working perfectly, and a don't know if Thread.Sleep() it the best thing to use.
    I will keep playing with this later this week.

Thanks
    // Jack

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Jack,

UCCNC has a M3, M4 delay setting (Dwell) for when Cycle Start is pressed, this is to make sure your spindle gets to proper RPM before it starts cutting. I included this check in macro I posted so to ensure Amp field had a reading.

Go to CONFIGURATION / AXIS SETUP / SPINDLE and set a delay for M3 and M4.

Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

I have not followed this thread in any depth but on this subject it should be possible to read an input from a VFD output that sets an output to At-Speed or Up-to-Speed.
    This holds off any further commands until the input is seen.
    This is the way the Fanuc's and Mits etc do it.
    Al.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    I have not followed this thread in any depth but on this subject it should be possible to read an input from a VFD output that sets an output to At-Speed or Up-to-Speed.
    This holds off any further commands until the input is seen.
    This is the way the Fanuc's and Mits etc do it.
    Al.
    Do you think that this cheap chinese spindle has the same features as a spindle in a Fanuc machine? I don't think so. These spindles do not even talk modbus properly, this is why this plugin is needed. otherwise uccnc has a modbus plugin which could be used.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by OlfCNC View Post
    Do you think that this cheap chinese spindle has the same features as a spindle in a Fanuc machine? I don't think so.
    No of course not, but it was a suggestion of a possible work around, to simulate the feature!
    Al.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

It may be possible to use the plasma THC function with M3 to wait for an arcok signal to be given which means that when you issued an M3 the spindle will spin up, and if it exceeds the target speed - a hysteresis value the arc ok is given and motion begins.

If the spindle speed drops below the target speed - the hysteresis value (spindle is stalling) motion can stop as a plasma arc fail signal.

I know this is controversial but you should not be running and stopping a spindle via modbus.... It should be hardwired because if modbus is lost how will you stop the spindle.

Modbus could be lost because the pc locks up, cable or hardware failure..... You then hit the estop and nothing will happen to the spindle.

Use modbus to set and monitor values.... But slow for a hard interface interlock too (charge pump relay?). When bad things happen something spinning at 24000 rpm needs stopping in a controlled way as quick as possible imho ymmv.

Downloads
    Uploads

When bad things happen something spinning at 24000 rpm needs stopping in a controlled way as quick as possible imho
    Best way to do that is just send a stop command to the VFD.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    Best way to do that is just send a stop command to the VFD.
    Could be difficult is you are relying on modbus for run, stop and spindle speed to be sent as data messages and have no other interlock with the vfd.

No? Have I missed something?

Downloads
    Uploads

No, I was quickly scanning through the post and replied out of context I guess.

I'm doing what you suggest, using a relay for Start/Stop, and the plugin for RPM only.

The circuit with the relay should probably be in the Estop circuit, too.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

I’m running screenset and at present I still can’t make this work. I ordered a new vfd thinking that might be the problem but still the same. I installed spindle talker and it shows it’s talking, but no return reply. What am I doing wrong?

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1623242526272829 LastLast