Huanyang VFD Macro/ Plugin - Page 3

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Huanyang VFD Macro/ Plugin

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hunayang VFD Macro

For the few that downloaded and using this plugin I have an updated version.

HYPLUGIN version I.0002

1. Lowered the minimum frequency setting from 8000rpm to 6000rpm
    2. Spindle speed override wasn't working and fixed.

HY2.zip

Downloads
    Uploads

Default HYPLUGIN UPDATED VERSION 1.0003

I have another update for this very popular plugin...LOL

You can now control any spindle/motor through UNCCNC with a Huanyang VFD, cheap RS/485 converter and this plugin. Set up instructions included in zip.

HYPLUGIN1.0003.zip

HYPLUGIN version I.0003

1. Added Frequency and RPM set up to control any spindle/motor.( Notice for geared/pulley motors, the RPM is for motor. implementing pulley ratio conversions in later version.

HYPLUGIN version I.0002

Last edited by Dan911; 01-18-2017 at 01:02 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

I see there's a few that downloaded this plugin so I'm updating with a newer version I been using. I posted before that I would be adding actual RPM with the plugin, but once I learned its not possible to have actual RPM with this VFD or any other I decided against it, I thought it was such a waste of resources for the VFD and UCCNC. What I liked most of this plugin over the Mach3 plugins is the immediate response of the VFD and didn't want to jeopardize that.

I did have an issue though when using spindle override, I wasn't able to see the RPM I was running just the +- %, so I added spindle RPM to "Sact" field for spindle override. You will have to change the field # from 870 to 2050 in screen edit. Instructions are included in zip file.

HYplugin1.0004.zip

HYPLUGIN version I.0004

1. Added RPM for spindle override. (See instructions in Zip file).

2. Fixed minor bug with spindle override.

3. Fixed misprint in config window that referenced PD005 to PD004.

HYPLUGIN version I.0003

1. Added Frequency and RPM set up to control any spindle/motor.( Notice for geared/pulley motors, the RPM is for motor. implementing pulley ratio conversions in later version.

HYPLUGIN version I.0002

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hunayang Plugin

The last 2 zip files I posted were the wrong files and didn't realize it until tonight. (1.0003 and 1.0004) When saved from Visual Studios to a folder and locating with WinZip I was choosing from the wrong folder. I apologize for any inconvenience and troubles this my have caused, I cannot delete them but I'm posting the correct file below.

HYPLUGIN 1.0005.zip

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Dan911 View Post
    The last 2 zip files I posted were the wrong files and didn't realize it until tonight. (1.0003 and 1.0004) When saved from Visual Studios to a folder and locating with WinZip I was choosing from the wrong folder. I apologize for any inconvenience and troubles this my have caused, I cannot delete them but I'm posting the correct file below.

Hello Dan,

first of all thank you for the work you put into this.
    There is a problem that i came across today trying to get your plugin to work.
    I installed the first version of it (UCCNC Version was 1.2022) which ran fine for turning the Spinde on and off but nothing else.
    I went to 1.0005 then and after setting it up it caused UCCNC to crash multiple times.
    Afterwards i checked on updates and updated UCCNC to 1.2029 to see if it would fix the issue but i had no luck.
    The plugin is in the folder but it wont even show up in the UCCNC Plugin list for some weird reason that i cant figure out at all.
    I tried removing and reinstalling the plugin of course but no luck on that. Does UCCNC blacklist plugins that cause multiple crashes in a row?
    I couldn't find anything in the documentation regarding that.

Does anyone have any hints on how to fix this? I've been using UCCNC and Spindletalker for quite a while but i'd obviously love to have it run all in one package.

regards
    kelevra

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Dan,

first of all, thanks for all the work you put into this. Its greatly appriciated.
    Sadly ive come across a problem though.
    The plugin causes UCCNC to crash on my machine after a few random seconds or when i execute an m3.
    I dont get any error message aside from the usual "uccnc stopped working".

The mach3 vfd plugin works fine, aswell as spindle talker.
    Maybe you can give me a hint on how to fix this.

UCCNC 1.2029
    Asrock AM1B-ITX
    Athlon 5350
    4 gigs of ram
    Windows 7 sp2 with all available updates

regards
    Patrick

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Kelevra83 View Post
    Hey Dan,

first of all, thanks for all the work you put into this. Its greatly appriciated.
    Sadly ive come across a problem though.
    The plugin causes UCCNC to crash on my machine after a few random seconds or when i execute an m3.
    I dont get any error message aside from the usual "uccnc stopped working".

The mach3 vfd plugin works fine, aswell as spindle talker.
    Maybe you can give me a hint on how to fix this.

UCCNC 1.2029
    Asrock AM1B-ITX
    Athlon 5350
    4 gigs of ram
    Windows 7 sp2 with all available updates

regards
    Patrick
    Which motion controller are you using? I suspect the crash is caused by something else, not the plugin. Perhaps noise. What happens if you start and control the spindle manually using the control panel, without the plugin? Is everything OK in that case?

https://www.youtube.com/c/AdaptingCamera/videos
    https://adapting-camera.blogspot.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by A_Camera View Post
    Which motion controller are you using? I suspect the crash is caused by something else, not the plugin. Perhaps noise. What happens if you start and control the spindle manually using the control panel, without the plugin? Is everything OK in that case?
    Yes it works fine so far. Ive been using uccnc with spindle talker in combination for quite a while now, at least half a year or more.
    Ive never had any issues with noise e.t.c.
    The controller i'm using is the 400ETH.

regards

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes it works fine so far. Ive been using uccnc with spindle talker in combination for quite a while now, at least half a year or more.

regards
    Since your using Spindle Talker I'm going assume your using a typical Chinese spindle, and since your able to run spindle with Spindle Talker we can eliminate noise. Do make sure you have latest version of UCCNC, I never tested on any version lower than 1.2029. This sounds like a settings issue, did you go to the configure window and set up per instructions? Are you getting a connected window on start up? Make sure your pulley checkbox in spindle set up in UCCNC is unchecked.

I'm going to post a newer version, it's really the same Plugin but the pulley system is implemented. My reason for prematurely releasing is that it retains settings in use to view when you go back to the configure window. Once loaded and restarted confirm it is properly set up with com port, baud rate, max frequency and max RPM. Make sure pulley system is unchecked.

Dan

HY10006.zip

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Since your using Spindle Talker I'm going assume your using a typical Chinese spindle, and since your able to run spindle with Spindle Talker we can eliminate noise. Do make sure you have latest version of UCCNC, I never tested on any version lower than 1.2029. This sounds like a settings issue, did you go to the configure window and set up per instructions? Are you getting a connected window on start up? Make sure your pulley checkbox in spindle set up in UCCNC is unchecked.

I'm going to post a newer version, it's really the same Plugin but the pulley system is implemented. My reason for prematurely releasing is that it retains settings in use to view when you go back to the configure window. Once loaded and restarted confirm it is properly set up with com port, baud rate, max frequency and max RPM. Make sure pulley system is unchecked.

Dan

HY10006.zip
    Hey Dan, thanks for the reply.

I'm using 1.2029.
    Yes i've set it up according to instructions and i am getting a connection confirmation on startup.
    But still it just crashes the whole program. This counts for the 1.0006 version aswell.
    I'm going to fiddle with my system settings a little to see if it makes any difference.

regards

Downloads
    Uploads

regards
    OK. Than I have no more ideas, other than what's said on CNCDRIVE forum by Balázs, could it be a missing culture info? Which version of UCCNC are you using?

Edit: I see now that you are using 1.2029. In that release the culture info is not handled, so unless you are running a US version of Windows you may have problems. Download and install 1.2031 or 1.2032, in those releases it is fixed.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Dan, thanks for the reply.

I'm using 1.2029.
    Yes i've set it up according to instructions and i am getting a connection confirmation on startup.
    But still it just crashes the whole program. This counts for the 1.0006 version aswell.
    I'm going to fiddle with my system settings a little to see if it makes any difference.

regards
    Let me know if this fixes your problem otherwise DL newer version, it has to be the culture info like Balázs suggested and A_Camera warned about earlier in the macro stages. I thought it was addressed in version 1.2029.

Kelevra83.zip

Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

Dan, there is an ongoing discussion on CNCdrive forum about this. I also thought it was fixed, but now after a few more minutes of thinking perhaps it is not possible for UCCNC software to take care of this for anything else than itself and for the macros since that is under the control of UCCNC. Everything else, like a plugin, is actually independent of it and must take care of the culture info on its own. So I think when Balázs answers my last post, his answer will be this. In other words, I think you need to add those two lines at the very beginning of the plugin.

Downloads
    Uploads

I will definitely read the on going discussion after this post. I addressed it with the zip file for Kelevra83 and hopefully he replies back with success and then I will post a revised version.

Thanks for your help,
    Dan

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I will definitely read the on going discussion after this post. I addressed it with the zip file for Kelevra83 and hopefully he replies back with success and then I will post a revised version.

Thanks for your help,
    Dan
    Hey guys,

I will give this a shot as soon as I get home from work.
    The culture info issue makes sense though since I'm using a german windows.

Regards

//edit:

Here's an update guys.
    I've gotten the Plugin to work now and it performs beautiful, the only slight negative is a delay when adjusting spindle speed on the fly but i can live with that.
    The new zip you uploaded didn't work though Dan. It causes the relay of the VFD to trigger but it didn't set rpm.
    The key thing to get it working was that i had to change windows to english and all the problems went away magically.
    Currently i'm running it on 1.2029 with the Plugin version 1.0006 and so far i havent expierienced any crash at all.

Thanks alot to everyone for the help and the hints, and maybe Dan can use some of the information to fix this little thing with the next update.
    If i left anything unclear feel free to ask.

regards
    Patrick

Last edited by Kelevra83; 02-09-2017 at 08:43 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey guys,

I will give this a shot as soon as I get home from work.
    The culture info issue makes sense though since I'm using a german windows.

Regards

//edit:

Here's an update guys.
    I've gotten the Plugin to work now and it performs beautiful, the only slight negative is a delay when adjusting spindle speed on the fly but i can live with that.
    The new zip you uploaded didn't work though Dan. It causes the relay of the VFD to trigger but it didn't set rpm.
    The key thing to get it working was that i had to change windows to english and all the problems went away magically.
    Currently i'm running it on 1.2029 with the Plugin version 1.0006 and so far i havent expierienced any crash at all.

Thanks alot to everyone for the help and the hints, and maybe Dan can use some of the information to fix this little thing with the next update.
    If i left anything unclear feel free to ask.

regards
    Patrick

Hi Patrick,

I'm glad the plugin is working for you. The Kelevra83 zip file I uploaded for you was slapped together quickly and was meant to see if you comp stopped crashing and was a culture info class problem, not to control your VFD.

Just a heads up Patrick, that version your using has the UCCNC spindle pulley's implemented in it so make sure you keep spindle pulleys checkbox unchecked, otherwise it will set your frequency to the ratio of pulley selected in UCCNC.

Also I haven't really fully tested other than with a Serial Monitor so consider yourself a beta tester...LOL

The delay your referring to is with the spindle override, and yes was something I seen and intend to tweak. This is sort of the same issue that caused the cultureinfo problem, its being calculated in a thread that the cultureinfo wasn't addressed in.

These issues will be addressed in the plugins final version.

Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey guys,

Here's an update guys.

regards
    Patrick
    Did you change your Sact field on run screen to 2050 from 870 per instructions??

If not the plugin is continually writing frequency's and will cause a much longer delay. I strongly suggest you do this than you will also see what your RPM is at whatever percent you have spindle override set to.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Did you change your Sact field on run screen to 2050 from 870 per instructions??

If not the plugin is continually writing frequency's and will cause a much longer delay. I strongly suggest you do this than you will also see what your RPM is at whatever percent you have spindle override set to.
    Yes Dan,
    I've updated the screenset according to the instructions. The delay feels a little timing dependant like the plug in writes the spindle speed every 0.5 seconds or something comparable.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes Dan,
    I've updated the screenset according to the instructions. The delay feels a little timing dependant like the plug in writes the spindle speed every 0.5 seconds or something comparable.
    Yes, that is the delay I was referring to in post #56 that I found annoying. Did have a snow day (Blizzard) here today and had a chance to look at it and not sure if its worth the troubles to fix. You can click on the override percent as quick as you like and that updates instantly, but it takes the RPM that 1/2 second to catch up. Each click is sending a frequency to the VFD. I probably can have the RPM update instant like the percent but it still going to be that delay for the VFD to read and respond. If it was actual RPM it would take longer for the spindle to actually reach that speed.

Dan

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, that is the delay I was referring to in post #56 that I found annoying. Did have a snow day (Blizzard) here today and had a chance to look at it and not sure if its worth the troubles to fix. You can click on the override percent as quick as you like and that updates instantly, but it takes the RPM that 1/2 second to catch up. Each click is sending a frequency to the VFD. I probably can have the RPM update instant like the percent but it still going to be that delay for the VFD to read and respond. If it was actual RPM it would take longer for the spindle to actually reach that speed.

Dan
    Yeah that makes sense.
    Would have been great to use a potentiometer with an arduino or an encoder connected directly to the controller to adjust the overrides of the spindle and the feed on the fly but if its just the vfd not catching up fast enough its a whole different story.

Thanks a ton for all your effort dan, i really appreciate it.

Patrick

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast