Huanyang VFD Macro/ Plugin - Page 13

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast

Thread: Huanyang VFD Macro/ Plugin

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Huanyang VFD Macro/ Plugin

you have two choices with jumper with 3 pins, analog or pot and you are using neither,
    It's actually set to pins 2-3 for the onboard pot, and 1-2 for all other methods. (I think).

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Dan911 View Post
    I just watched your video again and seen on/off worked no problems and frequency is your problem. I can't help but feel that speed control pot may possibly be the problem, you have two choices with jumper with 3 pins, analog or pot and you are using neither, have you tried just removing jumper?

With the plugin sending 100hz to VFD for 6000rpm and it starts at 9000rpm makes me think there's some sort of interference.

Dan
    The VI setting is analogue which is what it is currently set too. The other option is VR which is the POT but I can give removing the link it a go if you like.

I agree the frequency is the problem but the 9000 comes not from noise but because that is the speed it was left at on the previous test.
    I just closed down and reopened UCCNC again which would have resent the speed info to the VFD and I'm sure it did.
    I just think my VFD is not reading it properly. Some sort of communication error

I am thinking of trying different baud rates and parities to see if it helps in any way.
    I really think the plugin is good and it is just something here that is causing the issue. Hopefully the RS485 adapter.

I would imagine noise would not be an issue until the spindle starts. I have everything else turned off in the workshop. Once the spindle starts all bets are off.

I will try everything I can think of and let you know how I get on.
    I'm sure it isn't the plugin.

Cheers
    Peter

The ingenuity of idiots is unlimited.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/cncnutz

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Peter,
    can you post these setting of your VFD, please?
    I'd like to check them for you.

Assuming a 400Hz/24000RPM spindle motor (otherwise it might be 300Hz/18000RPM).
    PD001 - Probably already set to 2
    PD002 -> Important, must be set to 2
    PD003 - 400 (Hz)
    PD004 - 400 (Hz)
    PD005 - 400 (Hz)
    PD008 - Maximum rated motor voltage
    PD011 - below or equal 120 for a 400Hz spindle motor , 90 for a 300Hz spindle motor
    PD044 - 2
    PD070 - 0
    PD072 - 400 (Hz)
    PD141 - rated spindle motor voltage
    PD142 - rated spindle motor current
    PD143 - 2 (No of motor poles, likely 2)
    PD144 - 3000
    PD163 - 1 (should be OK)
    PD164 - 1 (should be OK)
    PD165 - 3 (Should be OK)

I skipped some Vf curve parameters (PD006, PD007, PD009, PD010) and some others as well, as it's not the issue, I guess.
    My jumper (at the right side of the terminal blocks) is set to the left (VI), and I have nothing connected to the VI terminal.
    If the parameters are set right, the jumper shouldn't matter, I guess, but this just to have a reference, because you are still having the speed issue.

Kind regards,
    Jack.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Jack

Here are my settings.
    Mine is a 2.2kw 220 volt 10 amp 400hz spindle

PD001 - 2
    PD002 -> 2
    PD003 - 400 (Hz)
    PD004 - 400 (Hz)
    PD005 - 400 (Hz)
    PD008 - 220
    PD011 - 100
    PD044 - 2
    PD070 - 0
    PD072 - 400 (Hz)
    PD141 - 220
    PD142 - 10
    PD143 - 4
    PD144 - 3000
    PD163 - 1
    PD164 - 0 (I did all my testing at 9600 but have just reduced it to 4800 1/2 an hour ago and it has reduced the incidence of missing speed changes while steppng through spindle speeds but not this inital start speed.)
    PD165 - 3

The link is in the left (VI)

For some obscure reason mine is not receiving the inital setup speed when it first initalizes everytime. (Enen with my lower baudrate set.
    This bit makes no sense logically as it should fail intermittently not every time.
    I can enter MDI command eg S10000 and it will set the speed in the spindle no problem.

Could I ask you to do a quick test for me.
    Open UCCNC and start your spindle and set its speed to 10000 or similar that is different from the inital speed your spindle normally starts at. eg mine is 6000RPM
    Stop the spindle and close UCCNC
    Open UCCNC and press spindle start.
    Read the VFD display and let me know if it is the start speed or the speed you left it sitting at when you closed it down.
    Mine always starts at the previous speed not 6000 as it should.

Cheers
    Peter

Downloads
    Uploads

Mine always starts at the minimum speed, regardless of what it was at when I closed UCCNC.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    Mine always starts at the minimum speed, regardless of what it was at when I closed UCCNC.
    Thanks Gerry that's what I thought is meant to happen.
    I am under the impression that the Sact is got by reading the VFD and then displays it in UCCNC.
    If this is the case then how can it be wrong everytime. ( of course I could be entirely wrong on this and talking through a hole in my head, Dan will know.)
    I have now reduced my Baud rate to 4800 and it is now very hard to get the speed to fail when incrementing up and down. It may take several minutes of speed changes to get it to fail.
    This would imply that the initial speed setting of Sact should almost be impossible to fail when I start UCCNC and yet fails everytime.

Clearly the problem is mine and i going to keep playing.
    This is pretty irrevelant as a simple Sxxxxx MDI fixes it and all Gcode gives an S command before it starts so again not problem.
    It is just perplexing and I hate not understanding.

I also have an RS485 adapter like yours comming so i will give that a test in a few days and see what happens.

Cheers
    Peter

Downloads
    Uploads

You did edit the screen so that the Sact field number matches what's in the plugin Config, right?

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Peter,
    Note RPM min is 4000 for me and max is 24000 of course.
    I used Plugin Test7.
    START:
    After starting UCCNC, readings on screen are: Sset: 4000.0, Sact: 0.0
    Sact is always 0, because I do not use an analog signal back from the VFD to the UC300ETH-5LPT.
    When I start the spindle the VFD reads 4000.
    In the MDI, I enter S10000, the spindle speeds up and the VFD reads 10000 (my pot is set at 101%, so slightly higher, actually), Sset: 10000.0, Sact: 0.0
    I stopped the spindel and closed UCCNC en then started UCCNC, al is now working as from the 'START:' above.

I think the initial speed is the low setting in the plugin, and will always be reset to that value after closing and opening UCCNC, wether that is desired or not.
    If that is your issue, it is the same here, however, for me it isn't an issue, because I use the S command in my gcode, so it will always be set to a desired value once I start a job.
    And I always have control from 25%-300% by a potentiometer (also on feed)

I hope this helps.

Hi Dan,
    I used Test7 and do not find concerns in my case, in the short tests I did.
    System: Shuttle DS67U3, Windows 10, fanless, 256GB SSD, 16GB memory, Intel Core i3-6100 (2 cores @ 3700 MHz), Intel HD Graphics 520.

Kind regards,
    Jack.

Last edited by JackBerkhout; 05-08-2017 at 08:30 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    You did edit the screen so that the Sact field number matches what's in the plugin Config, right?
    I sure did. As per Dans instructions.

Now for some good news
    I have tested and found the same speed changing issue with the Mach3 Le royaume d'eole plugin at baud rate 9600.
    Given the maturity of this plug in it points to either my Rs485 adapter or the VFD having communication difficulties so this eliminates Dan's plugin as the cause.

Further testing at 4800 baud went from running really well to running like a dog with even MDI command erratic and on / off became dubious.
    I have decide to stop torturing myself until I get my hands on the new RS485 adapter and try that out and see if it makes a difference.
    I am hoping my adapter is faulty. It is the most likely culprit to my mind.

I know from listening on my cable probe that burst of data are being sent to the VFD when an MDI command or a speed increment on /off is sent but the VFD is not receiving it either because of corruption, faulty receiver in the VFD or bad data from the adapter maybe timing issues.

The really annoying thing is I had 2 brand new serial to RS485 high spec adapters that I threw away about 4 weeks ago. They had been sitting on the shelf at work for over 10 years and were obsolete as far as what they were bought for.
    They would have made troubleshooting so easy. It's always the way. You hang onto something for years and as soon as you throw it away you want it.

No matter how you slice it, it isn't the plugin.

Well it's after midnight here again and time to get some beauty sleep or I'll end up looking just the same tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Cheers
    Peter

Downloads
    Uploads

The Rpm frequency sent to VFD is the first function the plugin does on startup, not setting on start up tells me your serial port is open and extremely slow or faulty. With a quick google search of a "very slow USB" comes up with a lot of usb 2.0 and usb 3.0 conflicts. This also my point to driver your using since RS-485 is working but not properly, trying an older driver more compatible with XP may help. It's certainly worth a try while waiting for new one to arrive.

Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by JackBerkhout View Post
    Hi Dan,
    I used Test7 and do not find concerns in my case, in the short tests I did.
    System: Shuttle DS67U3, Windows 10, fanless, 256GB SSD, 16GB memory, Intel Core i3-6100 (2 cores @ 3700 MHz), Intel HD Graphics 520.

Kind regards,
    Jack.
    Thanks Jack I appreciate you taking the time to test and respond.

Thanks for all your help,
    Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Dan,

thank you very much for your time to develop this great plugin. It's really awesome!!!
    BTW, on Windows 10, the driver for the USB to RS485 adapter got installed automatically and works like a charm.

Kind regards,
    Jack.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by JackBerkhout View Post
    After starting UCCNC, readings on screen are: Sset: 4000.0, Sact: 0.0
    Sact is always 0, because I do not use an analog signal back from the VFD to the UC300ETH-5LPT.
    Jack it is unclear to me why you don't use Sact for your spindle speed, this is very useful when using spindle override so your able to see your actual RPM. The VFD or UC300ETH-5LPT doesn't fill this field the plugin does if you set it up. If you need step by step how to do this let me know, it's a simple edit in screen edit within UCCNC.

Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Dan,
    to be honest, that is because I am totally clueless, how to configure it.
    In the plugin, for the Sact Labelnumber, I should fill in something in the range of 20000-20999.
    As I have no clue where to get the number from, I used a dice, counted all the dots and filled in 20200.
    Of course, I didn't expect anything from this.

At the same time, I find it kind of annoying it is always fixed to 0, but I thought (from documentation) it needed an index pin from the spindle, which of course isn't there.
    I would truly appreciate it if you could help me with this.

Kind regards,
    Jack.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by P.Passuello View Post
    Thanks Gerry that's what I thought is meant to happen.
    I am under the impression that the Sact is got by reading the VFD and then displays it in UCCNC.
    If this is the case then how can it be wrong everytime. ( of course I could be entirely wrong on this and talking through a hole in my head, Dan will know.)
    What the plugin reads and fills Sact field with is (" Sset * spindle override = Sact")

UCCNC is always going start with the min rpm in UCCNC spindle setup and override at 100%.

Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok, so if 20200 is set in HYPLUGIN config you now need to go to screen edit and edit Sact field.

Goto CONFIGURATION / GENERAL SETTINGS / Edit screen. To go to your Run screen hold down shift key and press the "Run" tab on top, now click on your "Sact" feild (A red rectangle will appear around it) in screen edit window make sure "Selection tab" is selected and change the labelnumber from "870" to 20200, than click apply settings, click on File tab on top of window than click "Save screenset".

Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Dan,

Wow, awesome! That works like a charm!
    To test it, I entered S12000 in the MDI, the Sact field shows the Sset value * override value, the way I liked it, and when I turn the pot to 200%, it reaches 24000RPM!
    So now I can see what I'm adjusting the speed to with override, without doing the math myself!
    Thank you very much!
    BTW, when I first tried to accomplish that a week ago, I was not able to switch to the Run screen, and thought the screen editor was just buggy, instead of me. :-)

So this way, I could add a Amp field too?

Kind regards,
    Jack.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, use screen edit to copy Sact field and put where you like. Don't forget to change label number to match amp field in config.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes.

I've also requested a new field from CNC Drive, that will show the SSet * Override value. It probably won't be in the default screen, but should be available for use in the next release.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Ger,

funny, I had requested it too, so there are more requests.
    Anyway, Dans plugin takes care for it now.

And I have added the Amps field on some spot I could free a bit of space:

Not very pretty, but it will do. :-)

BTW, I use a touch screen, that works very nice with UCCNC!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Huanyang VFD Macro/ Plugin-spindle_amps-jpg   Huanyang VFD Macro/ Plugin-spindle_amps-jpg  

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast