Huanyang VFD Macro/ Plugin - Page 11

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

Thread: Huanyang VFD Macro/ Plugin

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Huanyang VFD Macro/ Plugin

I avoided that one. Didn't know if there were XP drivers available for that chipset or not
    The driver I'm using says it includes an XP version.

http://www.wch.cn/download/CH341SER_EXE.html

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

My Dell optiplex 380 has almost exact specs with XP except I added a Radeon video card. What troubles me is when your main screen loads you wait a second for Sset field to fill, than another second for Sact field to fill in demo mode. When my main (run) screen loads these fields are already filled. In plugin the DataReceivedHandlerEvent, read, write timeouts is set to 500ms, this should be instant 10ms-50ms. I can increase these for you but you would see a noticeable 1-2 second delay when turning spindle on, off and changing frequency. The on/off is a fixed string, the frequency does have a very small calculation before it sends and seems to be where your problem is.This may not even be your problem but another step in process of elimination.

Since our specs are almost identical I would try first to see what's slowing comp down before slowing plugin down to accommodate. I had Compac's in the past and remember they normally have many things running in background. Another difference between our setups is I use a UC100 but many successively use the UC300ETH5. Once again this is all theory and I could be wrong.

Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Dan,
    I also use the UC300ETH-5LPT, and the ch340T chip for RS485.
    My computer for UCCNC is a Shuttle DS67U3 Barebone (Intel Core i3-6100, 2 cores 3700 MHz), so plenty of speed. It runs Windows 10.
    Just for a reference, if it is useful.
    Jack.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by JackBerkhout View Post
    Hi Dan,
    I also use the UC300ETH-5LPT, and the ch340T chip for RS485.
    My computer for UCCNC is a Shuttle DS67U3 Barebone (Intel Core i3-6100, 2 cores 3700 MHz), so plenty of speed. It runs Windows 10.
    Just for a reference, if it is useful.
    Jack.
    Yes it is and thanks, trying to determine what Peter's problem is become a real baffling task.

Thanks,
    Dan

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by JackBerkhout View Post
    Hi Kaspars,
    to do what Dan asks, you place the cursor in the MDI field, type s18000 and hit enter.
    I'm sure you know, but your screenshot didn't reflect that, just to be sure.
    Jack.
    Thanks guys!

Looks like problem solved.
    Also problem to reach minimum RPM`s need to change (PD011 and PD073) lower than 120Hz (7200rpm) thats why it wasn't possible go lower to 6000rpm

One thing I don`t get - PD144: 3000 (Rated motor revolution) - should it be MAX spindle RPM`s? Why its should be so low?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Kaspars,
    you are welcome! I have learned a lot from the people here, and I am glad I could help you. :-)

Yes, 120Hz was a bit on the high side for a 300Hz spindle. 90 would be better in your case. Because UCCNC takes care of this already, I have set (left) those to 0.
    I didn't mention that at first, as that was not where your problem was, using 300% S override to reach 18000RPM.

PD144 is set to 3000 because it is the RPM we would have at 50Hz (50*60). It is just a factor so the VFD can calculate and display the correct RPM.
    At 300Hz, it would calculate (300/50)*3000 = 18000RPM, because of this setting.
    That's how I understand it. It does not influence the motor speed control, just the reading on the display.

Note that the torque decreases much at lower speeds, you don't want to have the spindle stalled when milling.
    On the other side, the Vf curve (PD005-PD010) is somewhat to the safe side to my believe, I have changed that a bit.
    I think your spindle motor is water-cooled, which is excellent when using lower RPM's.
    If you check your temperature, you could play with these settings, do not deviate too extreme!
    I have these settings:
    PD005: 400.00 PD008: 220.0
    PD006: 010.00 PD009: 036.0
    PD007: 001.00 PD010: 008.0
    This lifts the low end side of the curve a bit (green line), and it works very well in my case.

More information about that can be found here:
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/spindl...low-speed.html
    At lower RPMs the current is a bit higher, keep an eye on your amps on the VFD, especially if you go towards 4000 RPM.
    Be wise and on your own risk...
    I saw your PD041 (carrier freq.) was set to 03 (4kHz), a very nice frequency to prevent the IGBT's in your VFD from overheating!
    Keep up to good work!
    Jack

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Huanyang VFD Macro/ Plugin-vf-curve-graph-jpg  
    Last edited by JackBerkhout; 05-06-2017 at 04:23 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Simply PD144 wants to know how many RPM at 50hz and in your case 3000.

50hz = 3000

PD144 3000

Last edited by Dan911; 05-06-2017 at 03:43 PM. Reason: grammer

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Dan911 View Post
    My Dell optiplex 380 has almost exact specs with XP except I added a Radeon video card. What troubles me is when your main screen loads you wait a second for Sset field to fill, than another second for Sact field to fill in demo mode. When my main (run) screen loads these fields are already filled. In plugin the DataReceivedHandlerEvent, read, write timeouts is set to 500ms, this should be instant 10ms-50ms. I can increase these for you but you would see a noticeable 1-2 second delay when turning spindle on, off and changing frequency. The on/off is a fixed string, the frequency does have a very small calculation before it sends and seems to be where your problem is.This may not even be your problem but another step in process of elimination.

Since our specs are almost identical I would try first to see what's slowing comp down before slowing plugin down to accommodate. I had Compac's in the past and remember they normally have many things running in background. Another difference between our setups is I use a UC100 but many successively use the UC300ETH5. Once again this is all theory and I could be wrong.

Dan
    Hi Dan and thanks for he help you and Gerry are giving with this. It is Baflling

Just to clarify the Sset field is already filled in on startup with speed of 6000.
    About a second later the Sact speed changes from 0 to 6000 in Demo mode.

To clarify the processor usage and these are the same whether in Demo mode or not. The 60% is the maximum load I gave is while UCCNC is loading.
    Once it is loaded it sits at the 1 - 5% mark and if I move an axis it climbs to about 12% maximum.

The PC has nothing other than Mach3 and UCCNC loaded on it though as you say it is probably loading other Compac crap as well.
    It is not connected to a network either.

If you like I will get my I7 out and put UCCNC on it and test.
    It will be interesting to see how it behaves and it may give us a clue.

If you wanted to increase the timeout I could give it a test. At worst it might give a clue as to what is or isn't going on.

I can also setup serial monitor software on my laptop and capture the serial communications if that would helps in any way.

I should also look at trying an earlier version of UCCNC (currently testing with 1.2037)

Cheers
    Peter

The ingenuity of idiots is unlimited.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/cncnutz

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Peter,

There's a few that reported using Test2 with UCCNC 37 and the UC300ETH-5LPT so it would seem your problem is system related, trying with a different comp will certainly help narrow down to what part of your system the plugin is having trouble with and a place for me to look and address if necessary. What I did find with Test2, with a new first install of plugin and with having connection test on startup removed it would sometimes take 2 restarts of UCCNC for new settings to load in plugin. I changed the way
    the plugin loads new settings and tested many times on Win 8.1 and XP and now loads first time. Would appreciate you giving it a try.

Test4.rar.zip

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Dan,

I have spent the mornng doing some testing and here are the results.
    All testing done using HYTest2 plugin

I first installed UCCNC version 1.2027 to see if it bahaved any differently on my laptop.
    It does not. The Sact still comes up as 0 and the spindle does not turn even though the VFD goes into Run mode so there is communication going on.

Next I loaded UCCNC onto my I7 laptop for further testing
    UCCNC version 1.2037
    Plugin HYTest2

This worked most of the time but intermittently would show the same problem that my XP laptop was experiencing.
    It also showed another issue to do with speed changes.
    I documented this in a short video which will hopefully shed some light or at least show what I am talking about better than words.

https://goo.gl/photos/x42bavpbr9JGczyN8

It could be my RS485 adapter or my VDF that is causing the issue or a combination of all the parts together.

I see you just posted a new plugin as I was typing this reply so will give it a try and get back to you.

Cheers
    Peter

Downloads
    Uploads

I just watched your video and what you are showing is the issue I'm trying to to fix and explained in previous post. Below's a list of pointers.

1. Whatever the Sact field shows is what speed it's going to send to VFD. So if the Sact field shows 0 that's what going to be sent to VFD.

2. When UCCNC loads with Sact field 0 all you a have to do is load a speed with MDI or click on either the plus or minus on spindle override and it will load.

I recently had to rewrite how the plugin saves settings and these are the kinks I'm trying to work out, that's why the plugins are named Test.

Thanks for your help,
    Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

That's much better Dan It starts.

I installed Test4 into my XP laptop and it starts everytime so far.
    I still have that odd speed update issue I showed in the video and I should mention that it can intermittently cause the spindle to not turn on or off as well.
    It is something I noticed on the plugin version HY99 so it could be an issue with the RS485 adapter I am using.
    I should purchase a different adapter and give it a try. It might be a compatability issue.

I made a new video clip to show the new plugin in action.

https://goo.gl/photos/mfEKHk9NHaD7rmSP9

Cheers
    Peter

Downloads
    Uploads

Peter sorry... please wait before testing Test4. I need to update settings for check don't won't allow speed to prematurely set like shown in your vid.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dan,

don't want to cloud issue, but this may in fact help;

UNCNC 1.2037
    HYPLUGIN95

Starts Spindle everytime.

HYPLUGIN98 VFD Relay active, no speed from spindle (similar to Peters issue).

Switch back to 95 works.

I return to 98 version, redo and save everthing. Restart UCCNC, spindle doesn't work (as expected).

But here is the interesting bit; NO pc restart, close UCCNC, open MACH3, firmware updates. Spindle OK. Close and start UCCNC, FIRMWARE is updated and the SPINDLE works.

Gordon.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by P.Passuello View Post

I still have that odd speed update issue I showed in the video and I should mention that it can intermittently cause the spindle to not turn on or off as well.
    It is something I noticed on the plugin version HY99 so it could be an issue with the RS485 adapter I am using.
    I should purchase a different adapter and give it a try. It might be a compatability issue.

Cheers
    Peter
    I see I was too late with previous post...LOL

No it's not the adapter, give me a few min with update plugin with that fixed.

Downloads
    Uploads

Strange that the Test 2 from yesterday is 100% reliable for me? I was just doing some stepper drive testing, and running a short g-code program that also ran the spindle, and it worked fine every time, for 30-40 cycles I ran over an hour or so.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    Strange that the Test 2 from yesterday is 100% reliable for me? I was just doing some stepper drive testing, and running a short g-code program that also ran the spindle, and it worked fine every time, for 30-40 cycles I ran over an hour or so.
    It basically works but has a few little bugs that I'm ironing out. The biggest is sometimes when it loads Sact is 0, this is the problem Peter was having. All you have to do is set a frequency with MDI or just click spindle override plus or minus once.

The most important thing to remember is whatever is showing in Sact field is what the VFD is set to, so if it loads up and is zero that's what VFD frequency is set at. At least that's how it suppose to work and soon will.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by zymurgy42 View Post
    Dan,

don't want to cloud issue, but this may in fact help;

UNCNC 1.2037
    HYPLUGIN95

Starts Spindle everytime.

HYPLUGIN98 VFD Relay active, no speed from spindle (similar to Peters issue).

Switch back to 95 works.

I return to 98 version, redo and save everthing. Restart UCCNC, spindle doesn't work (as expected).

But here is the interesting bit; NO pc restart, close UCCNC, open MACH3, firmware updates. Spindle OK. Close and start UCCNC, FIRMWARE is updated and the SPINDLE works.

Gordon.
    This is a bug I'm working on . When you load UCCNC and Sact field reads zero you need to set a frequency and your good to go. Providing you set this up in HY config. When you go to Mach3 probably that plugin is setting a frequency on VFD.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by P.Passuello View Post

Cheers
    Peter
    Hi Peter,

I would appreciate when you have a chance to confirm if this fixed all your problems.

Test5.rar.zip

I really appreciate your help,

Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Dan911 View Post
    Hi Peter,

I would appreciate when you have a chance to confirm if this fixed all your problems.

Test5.rar.zip

I really appreciate your help,

Dan
    I have now tested the new Test5 plugin and have the same results I got before.
    The Sact comes up as 0 but the spindle starts anyway.
    It starts at what looks like the previous speed setting it had as opposed to Sset value.
    It is still missing out speed changes as well.
    To make sure this issue is not noise related I unplugged the spindle from the VFD and just manually checked the VFD speed readout. The problem still occurs with the spindle disconnected so it is unlikely to be noise related.

I made another video of the plugins behavour

https://goo.gl/photos/EeqeSCzGAFCX4Azw5

I don't pretend to know how to make a plug in or even how it works but I wonder if it would be a good idea to send each on / off / speed command 3 times , 0.5 sec or 1 sec apart just in case it is missed by the VFD on occassions.
    with the wide range of RS485 adapters and HY VFD varriants I wonder if it would make a more robust communication.
    Like I said I don't know much about this, you may already be doing it or it may not even be possible or desirable but I thought I would mention it anyway.

I really appreciate the time you are spending on this.

Cheers
    Peter

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast