UCcnc NEW FEATURES ???? THINGS needed, Suggestions ??? - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: UCcnc NEW FEATURES ???? THINGS needed, Suggestions ???

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: UCcnc NEW FEATURES ???? THINGS needed, Suggestions ???

How about a G96 and G97 contant surface speed on and off.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

suggestion: needs line number in edit file window.

uccnc has the ability to skip to line by entering line number, it also has find function in edit file to locate a line. But without the line number in edit file you need an external editor to find it. If the edit file window had this function life would be much easier.

Downloads
    Uploads

How about instead of teh park buttons we had a multiple position G30 gcode say G30 - G30.9 That would give you 10 parking spots you could use.

Downloads
    Uploads

Can't you do that now with custom M codes?

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Yay, you can do that with macros.

Downloads
    Uploads

Sure you can but that function is a NORMAL function in Gcode why should you have to learn to program a macro just to have it ?

Same as NOT having 2 probing inputs 1 for probing(NC) and 1 for tool Height sensing(NO).

OR not having 2 homing ports 1st one for refhome switch then the 2nd for index homing.

BOTH can be done with macros BUT why not make it simple for the users instead ?? (;-)

Just a thought, (;-) TP

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just found out cnc drive are not watching this thread. But I got an excellent email response in regards to my suggestion of line number, hopefully see it added soon.

Downloads
    Uploads

IF they are not watching it HOW did they know you suggested it ? (;-) I think they watch it but do not respond directly to it.

(;-)TP

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by vmax549 View Post
    IF they are not watching it HOW did they know you suggested it ? (;-) I think they watch it but do not respond directly to it.

(;-)TP
    didn't word that very well did i. i emailed them lol

Downloads
    Uploads

It would be REALLY nice IF we got an update on what has changed with each Version update (;-)

(;-) TP

Downloads
    Uploads

OK i have been through teh Plasma side and created most of the things needed for a manual THC plasma modual. Just have to wait and see if any of it it shows up in UCcnc . If not I can post the scripts for those that want it.

I have saved up some stuff for TURN but UCcnc is nowhere near having a turn modual ready so that will have to wait. BUT if anyone has ideas for TURN I would like to hear them and maybe work on them.

I guess the next closest thing to being ready is Router and most of it is already there But IF you have any ideas for router please share them.

MIll is a ways off as well.

Has anyone tried the UCcnc CAM side ???

(;-) TP

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by vmax549 View Post

...TURN but UCcnc is nowhere near having a turn modual ready so that will have to wait. ...

I guess the next closest thing to being ready is Router and most of it is already there ....

MIll is a ways off as well.

(;-) TP
    What is missing?

Does anyone use the wizards from Mach3.... is there merit in recreating them... is someone likely to get annoyed? (language is different.... inputs would be similar ... arrive at the same result though)

A wizard menu type button / dropdown would be a good start for integration into the screenset then wizards could be developed within that

Downloads
    Uploads

I like being able to do simple stuff like surfacing a workpiece or cutting a circular pocket without having to go through the full blown CAM process or having to sit there cranking "rinse and repeat" style g-code by hand. Not a huge need for it, but it would get used if it were available.

Downloads
    Uploads

hI Robert, I have done wizards as Pages as Plugins and as command line macros (no GUI). I have done popup menus to select Plugin Wizards. I have also done a UCcnc draw plugin where you can conversationally draw and program a Gcode program. ALL of this is possible from UCcnc. The Plugin style Wizards give you the most power and flexability. Teh Page concept sounds NICE and it is BUT you have to maintain teh coding across 14 different sections of a screenset each time you add or make a change. THAT is a beast to build and maintain.

There IS NO main section of a screenset like in Mach3. EACH type of controller setup HAS its OWN screenset based on teh needs of teh controller (;-( currently there are 14 controller setups.

In UCcnc there USED to be a USER page that was a blank page that we could use as a base to expand the screen functions easily BUT it was removed for some reason and never put back (;-( . Making simple mods to a screenset is easy BUT to make wholesale changes and create complete pages and functions is NOT so easy. Art spoiled everyone with Mach3 (;-).

I have worked on getting Macros to be able to support a GUI format BUT I am not sure that will ever happen due to it effecting teh Macros as they are. Again NOT like Mach3 where you could create just about anything from a macro based on CB/VB.

SO we are basically down to only having Wizards as PLugins . They are not as easy to deal with for teh USER side but about the easiest from the creator side. For them to work good UCcnc needs to have a buitl in Wizard Menu as was suggested. It would point to teh plugin folder and you select any plugin that is active. WHICH brings up another point about distributing Wizards as plugins. You hvae to copy teh wizard to the plugin folder THEN you have to start UCcnc teh go to Plugin config then Activate teh plugin THEN you have to restart UCcnc THEN you go back to teh Plugin Config and select teh Plugin.

A Plugin menu would make it easier to select a working Wizard buit not any easier to install one. There would HAVE to be an installer created to be able to make it easier for teh USER.

As to MILL it needs tool comp G41/42 and a supporting tool table. Without at least those you cannot support precision milling . It also needs a few corrections to the #var side and access to internal DRO values such as XYZ position dros etc.
    AND a couple more gcodes brought on line. UNLESS you only plan to use Cad / CAM to program with (;-).

So back to the main question as to Wizards what would you want to see and how would you like to be able to use them ?? I am willing to try anything you can think of and I may have already did it.

(;-) TP

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

What is necessary is a way to set a **user/operator/password for the configuration of the machine**

So a simple operator will not change any machine setup, and other parts of the software than can cause injury
    or halt the machine function or damage to the components of the spindle etc.

I have thought a workaround , but of course it is not the best solution!

Please tell me if anybody thinks this is possible :

with the Screen-editor to cancel the "Configuration" MENU tab.

So the configuration of the machine could be only be changed or done only through a profile file
    This would be a procedure that a machine user would not change by mistake !

Thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads

THAT is in the next version due out very soon. It is in final testing from what I hear.

(;-) TP

Downloads
    Uploads

Is there a limit switch override feature in UCCNC? When I trigger a limit switch I have to manually move the carriage from the switch.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by bullwinkle223 View Post
    Is there a limit switch override feature in UCCNC? When I trigger a limit switch I have to manually move the carriage from the switch.
    Yes there is, it is button 146, it will toggle the limit override on and off.

There is a big button on my default screenset next to the reset button... says override limits

Rob

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by robertspark View Post
    Yes there is, it is button 146, it will toggle the limit override on and off.

There is a big button on my default screenset next to the reset button... says override limits

Rob
    Wow, thanks for the quick response. I'm new at this, could you explain how to set that up.
    Thanks,
    Jim

Downloads
    Uploads

I've seen reference to Buttons_by_number.htm in the UCCNC manual but I can't find the document. Would this answer my question?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast