Mill-Turning - need settings for brass

Thread: Mill-Turning - need settings for brass

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mill-Turning - need settings for brass

I'm attempting my first mill-turning on my Tormach. This is where the stock is held in the spindle and the lathe tool is in the vise. I'm machining 3/4" diameter brass. I'll hold the brass in a ER32 collet with 1.5" stick-out. The post processor for this doesn't accept constant surface speed or speed per revolution. I have to use RPM and feedrate, just like normal milling. Brass is pretty forgiving, which is nice. I'm looking for some starting RPM, feedrate and depth of cut suggestions.

Similar Threads:
    "You can't teach stuff in a school that you would learn in real life unless the real life people are in charge of the school." - Gene Sherman

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mill-Turning - need settings for brass

Alienware Aurora 2019 The Best Gaming PC

The Alienware Aurora 2019 gaming computer is an outstanding contribution to the field of high-performance gaming systems. This formidable piece of technology is outfitted with a 9th gen Intel Core i7 9700 processor and an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6, making it the ideal choice for professional users. The Alienware Aurora 2019 gaming machine is unrivalled, with 16 GB of RAM, a 512 GB SSD, and a 1 TB hard drive. The R9 model costs $2,599 (at Amazon).