Haas Tl-1

Thread: Haas Tl-1

Downloads
    Uploads

Question Haas Tl-1

I'm a high school student. Recently our shop teacher left, leaving no one who knows how to use the machine. It is a beautiful machine with almost no use on it.

The start-up procedure in the manual describes that after powering on, the next step would be to Power Up Restart. But pressing the button only causes the machine to read "Function Blocked". I was reading through the manual and I couldn't find anything on this issue. This particular machine has the tailstock as well as the 4 tool automatic rest. I saw a post that suggested the following keys " Zero Return - Z - Single Axis" and I tried it on the machine. ( I understand that for machines like these they need to home their axis so that they know where they are) The machine immediately started to move the Z-axis in the Z+ direction (direction of the tailstock) where I assumed the homing switch would be. But the Machine contined all the way up the the tailstock, which was in its furthes back position, to the point where I e-stopped it. I really wanted to avoid being the student responisble for crashing the lathe. I assume that might have worked if the tailstock was not on the machine. Now the Z axis is all the way at the back, about 1/4'' from the tailstock. I am not able to jog the Z because the machine wants the axis to be homed first, leading us in a circle. I am looking for any advice on what I might have been doing wrong, and how I should actually do it correctly.