Turret Problem on Yam CK1 with Fanuc 3T control

Thread: Turret Problem on Yam CK1 with Fanuc 3T control

Default Turret Problem on Yam CK1 with Fanuc 3T control

Hoping someone can help as I've run out of ideas.

The turret on my Yam CK1 has an interesting problem in that it works fine if I rotate it with the push button but if I call a tool in MDI or in a program, it will only allow me to do that one time, after which I have to hit the reset on the keypad before it will allow one more tool call. There is no alarm, it just hangs up without accepting to tool call. Each time, it needs to be reset in between tool calls. In a program, the program will hang up at each tool call. I have confirmed that the clamp and unclamp sensor has 24v on it and that they are working. The diagnostics suggest that the problem is in the tool change finish rung but I don't know what to do with that information.

I have a number of part runs to get out and if i must break the program up at each tool change/bar pull, the time will greatly exceed that time I bid the work for and I will lose my as$.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Steven

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Turret Problem on Yam CK1 with Fanuc 3T control

Quote Originally Posted by triallyr View Post
    Hoping someone can help as I've run out of ideas.

The turret on my Yam CK1 has an interesting problem in that it works fine if I rotate it with the push button but if I call a tool in MDI or in a program, it will only allow me to do that one time, after which I have to hit the reset on the keypad before it will allow one more tool call. There is no alarm, it just hangs up without accepting to tool call. Each time, it needs to be reset in between tool calls. In a program, the program will hang up at each tool call. I have confirmed that the clamp and unclamp sensor has 24v on it and that they are working. The diagnostics suggest that the problem is in the tool change finish rung but I don't know what to do with that information.

I have a number of part runs to get out and if i must break the program up at each tool change/bar pull, the time will greatly exceed that time I bid the work for and I will lose my as$.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Steven
    How about allowing more time for tool change by setting the parameter.

http://cncmakers.com/cnc/controllers/CNC_Controller_System/CNC_Retrofit_Package.html

Default Re: Turret Problem on Yam CK1 with Fanuc 3T control

Quote Originally Posted by cncmakers001 View Post
    How about allowing more time for tool change by setting the parameter.
    I tried this but it didn't make a difference. Thanks for taking the time to offer suggestions!