Duel Spindle Turning & Milling Machines

Thread: Duel Spindle Turning & Milling Machines

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Duel Spindle Turning & Milling Machines

Looking for some help finding the best machine manufacturers for multifunction Duel Spindle Turning / Milling Machines. We have a Nakamura NTMX Mill / Turn machine and it has proven to be un-reliable. I hear Nakamura duel spindle lathes with milling capability have a good reputation but I need to inquire with more manufacturers. We would like to stick with Fanuc based controllers as that is what our whole shop is familiar with. Most of our work is tight tolerance Stainless Steel parts, 3" diameter or less.

Best Regards,
    BD

Default Re: Duel Spindle Turning & Milling Machines

Hello! I see this is old post but maby you are still here.
    Have you found something? I am also looking for stable machine with 2 spindles but for rough metall working
    I ca say my experience with different brands and what I have found during searching.
    My company use mostly Taiwan machines. Lathe we use - BML-600M machines and some GoodWay machines
    BML has slide guides, weight about 6 tons, they worked about 20000 hours turn on and 12000 spindle time for today. Tolerance still good. They have fanuc, we had no problems with them. But they are still fresh amchines (2013 year of production) so its early to say all words
    Goodway we have - older. WE bought it not new (about 2-4 years), we have 2 machnes. Paradox is the bigger machine has smaller bearing. Two machines worked 5 years in 2 schemes, also they worked 1 scheme for 3-4 years before us. Now we have replaces bearings with our workers, all done fine, machines still have good tolerance. There are some problems some times but its not big deal, they work fine.
    Also we have some milling machines - vertical, Argo brand, table about 600x1000. Ooohh...I didn't expect so productivity from Taiwan machines. They worked 7 years 3 schemes without holidays on roughing, we machined forged billet with shock load. After 7 years they still had good accuracy. Now they are about 12 years old and still working fine.
    Sometime ago we have bought used German machines - Gildemeister ctx 400 (after 2000s) One of them had issue with X axe, we fixing it now/ For first look its good machines, I hope they will work even better then Taiwan. They have very few working hours (about 3000 each) and good accuracy. We have lot of other machines also but these machines that I said are related to the topic

What I am looking for: I need to machine 30kg billet and make about 8kg of chips. Billet is also forged.
    I've found strong machines, very strong - monforts. But I am not sure yet should I buy them or not.

Downloads
    Uploads

hy consider okuma genos, 3000( 10"chuck ) or 2000( smaller chuck ) series, bmt turret, dual spindle

they provide also C / Y axis, and many special functions

mass suport for 2000 & 3000 LB series ( genos series should be pretty close ) :
    ... only spindle 115-230 kg (*1)
    ... spindle + tailstock 300 - 500 kg (*1)
    ... 2nd spindle 115kg

(*1) varies, because they may offer more than 1 spindle option; numbers are for l/d=1, and decreases as l/d increases

kindly

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

Miyano make a good twin-spindle,twin-turret machine with powerful live tooling. BNE51/65 is a very quick machine.

Kind regards

Tim

www.mmturnedparts.co.uk