Compensating after stopping a move

Thread: Compensating after stopping a move

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Compensating after stopping a move

If I escape to stop a move (while in a program or in manual), the next manual move I issue is not performed until a compensation move is done.

If I escape because I am in a cut that I do not want to continue, this is a problem.

Why is this compensation done and is there a way to stop it?

Bill

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Good morning Bill!

The compensation move is to take up backlash on a machine with slop in the feedscrews.

Although it's been a while since I've looked at the E-stop logic, I think that the backlash preload registers are reset to "indeterminate" after an emergency stop in case the table has gotten knocked around a bit (broken or jammed cutter, vise with a new "feature" in it, etc). Thus, the next move is backlash compensated.

You can get rid of this by deleting the lines in your turbocnc.ini file that look like this:

Backlash=_some number in sci notation_

for the axes in question and restarting the program.

Another option would be to modify the source code - I believe it's the PanicStop() procedure that handles the interruption of motion when ESC is pressed or the external e-stop pin goes active.