Frustrations with IMSI & registration

Thread: Frustrations with IMSI & registration

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Frustrations with IMSI & registration

I don't want this to sound like a rant ( it probably is ) but here goes...

I ordered TC Deluxe and the learning modules for 2D & 3D.

First, I find that the learning guides require TC Pro, but I'll work around that. It doesn't say anything about that on the web pages. I assume that there are just a few missing features.

Then when I try to register online through the program splash screen, the web link is dead.

Then I go directly to their web site to register. They have TC Pro & TC standard, but no Deluxe.

So, I register as "Standard". They send me an autoreply email with a link to their web page with Registration, Product, Unlocking, and Install codes. Now what the heck am I supposed to do with these ? Besides, now they list TC Pro 9, TC 9, and TC Basic. It turns out the TC9 item on this page has a code, but I already have that on the jacket my program CD came in.

Then I phone customer support and it's pretty much useless other than to tell me to uninstall and reinstall the program.

So, I phone tech support and the recording say to go to the tech support web page.

So what happens when the 30 days runs out ? Do I have to go through this every 30 days ?

Have I told you I'm frustrated yet. Have I missed the completely obvious ? I'll get through it but right now I just want to &%$#@%^

Similar Threads:
    David J. Morrow

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Talking

I recieved Turbo CAD 2D/3D V 9.2 for Christmas. I too went through the registations follies. I did not know that you HAD to be online when you start the program or it does not like to be registered.

So I finish playing around with it and go to the IMSI web site and try to register my product. I can not find 2D/3D V9.2 so I pick the closest one and it does not work.

I wait for the next day and remember to be ONLINE, fire up TurboCAD and it goes through the registration process. I found that the UNLOCK code on the CD case is the same as the web site so I think that it will be fine for as long as I have the program.

So far it is a good program. I just need to spend more time with it. I was able to get the 2D and 3D manuels from a really nice guy named Alan for the cost of postage. Thanks Alan. I have had a heck of a time trying to get some extra time to spend at the computer since I have been replacing the floor in my house.

Dru.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I tried the program over Christmas...
    broken links, incomplete documentation...
    They lost this potential customer.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes well i just downloaded thier CAD/CAM program (15meg) tried to install it, and it said i needed to have turbocad 10 installed , so i went to the site and discovered it was 93 meg. WHO COULD BE BOTHERED ? Just for a 15 day trial that in reality i might only get to spend 2 hours looking at it.

The other thing that urks me is that they advertised the price of the CAD/Cam package but neglected to mention that i needed to buy another package before i got it to work.

Thats like selling a brand new car for $1000 and then saying "yes but you will need these special wheels valued at 10,000 each."

I pressed the link from the advert in this site. I guess IMSI think we are dumb and wont mention our problems here.

Being outside the square !!!

Downloads
    Uploads

If you buy the CAD/CAM version, the Version 10 that you need is included with it. You just have to download them seperately for the demos. For the $900, you get everything you need. I downloaded it too a while back, and after finding out I needed to download the other part, I just deleted the CAD/CAM part and forgot about it. Too much aggravation.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have run into another problem with Turbo CAD. It went and got an update and now when ever I go to open a picture I have saved to my HD from my digital camera Turbo CAD opens and tells me that the file format is not supported DUH!!!!! It got so bad that I had to uninstall it from my system. I tried to contact IMSI but they want $10.00 per Email so I guess they do not want to support thier product. It is to bad I had just started to learn what I was doing. It looks like I am back to looking for a good CAD program.

Dru.

Downloads
    Uploads

I think you just need to change your file associations in Windows to fix this.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thats just it, I tried to change them and it would not stay. Every time I would boot the system, they would go back to what they were.

Dru.