Turbo CAD Designer 2D/3D V9.2

Thread: Turbo CAD Designer 2D/3D V9.2

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Talking Turbo CAD Designer 2D/3D V9.2

I found this under the tree this morning. It is not the $400.00 CAD/CAM. It is the $40.00 one that also does the floor plan and deck design. Does any one else have this??? Will I be able to use this with a G code converter so when I get my CNC going I don't need to get the upgade software.

Thanks for any help. I will be asking stupid question in the future so bare that in mid.

Dru.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Dru,

To be useful, the program must output files with adequate precision, like 10 decimal places for arcs is a good figure. This is because the storage of data about arcs needs to be extremely high precision, in order for the coordinates of the arcs which are supposed to be tangent to lines in your drawing, to be congruent. That means, they must lie on top of the exact same coordinate, at least within the accuracy requirements of your controller, which might typically be .001 or .0001".

Lower precision on arcs may result in chain gaps in your profiles. This can cause problems like jagged cuts, or even alarms from your controller, that it cannot make a movement because the arc endpoints are incorrect.

So to test your program, create an arc and a point anywhere on your screen. Do not place them in any round numbered position, because you want the program to "work" at its max precision. Then, draw a tangent line from the arc to the point. Save the file and export it as a dxf file.

You can then open the dxf file in a text editor, such as notepad. Scroll down to the bottom of the file. Examine the number of decimal places in the entries you see there. If you see 10 digit precision by what happens to be the angle of the tangent line, you are good to go, from a precision standpoint.

First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I started with that package! It’s a great deal for the price. I then upgraded to TruboCAD/CAM when IMSI came out with an offer I could not refuse. The Deluxe version you have does not have all the features the full-blown TurboCAD has (for example it doesn’t have lofting). When I bought my Deluxe version I also bought the 2D and 3D training guides. I’m glad I did. They’ve made learning TurboCAD so much easier (although there are quite a few typo’s). I’m almost done with the 3D guide and after that won’t need them any more (the TurboCAD manual will be more then enough). So, if you’d like the guides, I’d be more then happy to send them to you for free (you still get the pleasure of paying the shipping costs though). If you want the manuals, send me a PM, I should be done with them by Monday and have them out to you by Tuesday.

--bb99

There are 10 types of people in this world; those that understand binary and those that don't.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Talking

I have been playing with as well as a cave man can with a piano. The last CAD program I had was Model CAD from the mid 90's. I did find I can change the accuracy to at least 9 places. I have been able to draw a square with circles in the corners and then get the circles the same size and in the same place in relation the the corners. I am finding it to be a bit more advanced then I thought for $40.00.

bb99 I will take the manuals. I sent you a pm to set up the mailing.

Thanks for all of the help.

Dru.