turbo cad/cam

Thread: turbo cad/cam

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default turbo cad/cam

1) I am having trouble picking exact location of hole for drilling cam op. what am doing wrong?

2) Is there any info on turbo cam plug-in, besides the tutorials on the disk?

Similar Threads:

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Not sure if it's the right fix but try zooming in before you spot the hole center. Thats what I do.

Regards
    Phil

Quote Originally Posted by dxxx View Post
    1) I am having trouble picking exact location of hole for drilling cam op. what am doing wrong?

2) Is there any info on turbo cam plug-in, besides the tutorials on the disk?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cool Try this

If your part is a solid it may not always pick up the right center. The same goes if the hole was made using splines and such. To work around this you use the "draw circle by three points" tool and pick 3 vertice points on the hole. It will draw a circle that you can pick the center of.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Hole Coordinates for TurboCad 14 Cam Plugin

We are trying to set the hole within.0001 - I just went into the g codes and modifed the coordinates...there has got to be a better way...

Downloads
    Uploads

I've had similar issues. The snap control seemed to be the key. There is an option for snapping to the center of a circle which never seemed to work for me, until I realized that they want you to click on the circle, not the "Estimated center". That made all the difference. Good luck.

Ken

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ksanalytical View Post
    I've had similar issues. The snap control seemed to be the key. There is an option for snapping to the center of a circle which never seemed to work for me, until I realized that they want you to click on the circle, not the "Estimated center". That made all the difference. Good luck.

Ken
    That is the ideal way to do this. Just make sure the "Snap To Cemter" is activated.

Downloads
    Uploads

I wonder if your space units might be set to a default of 2 decimal places. You can check under Options/Space Units/Precision. Mine defaults to 2 decimal places. Perhaps you're having a similar problem.

Ken

Downloads
    Uploads

Set your precision to "10" in the Drawing Setup || Space Units tab. Then, in your TurboCAD/CAM drawing space, make sure to turn on the "Center" snap.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default CAM 2D WITH TOOL SELECTION AND SIMULATIONS

I got TurboCAD for £15. Where can a person get a version of CAM a bit like Alphacam from them; I know that they are a South African company. I have seen ContourCAM but i'm specificly after a 2D version.