Pocket Milling Problem - selecting contour

Thread: Pocket Milling Problem - selecting contour

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Pocket Milling Problem - selecting contour

Hi All,

I have V18 and it's running on a 64bit Vista computer. I tried drawing different closed 2d shapes (square, circle) and I'm unable to select them. I can select these contours for path milling and chain milling, but it will not select them for pocket milling. Any thoughts?

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just curious if anyone ever found a solution to this. I have V18 also, but running on Windows 7 and have the same problem. I'm unable to select closed 2D shapes, 99% of the time. The CAD/CAM tutorial itself fails with this same problem. In some cases I can make this work with an extremely simple example, like a single box inside another box, but I haven't figured out the pattern to why it sometimes works but usually fails.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I haven't gotten it to work, but I've seen several other people who have indicated that pocking milling simply doesn't work on version 18. Apparently it worked in V16 and 17. I haven't found anything that indicates if the feature works in V.19 or 20. Unfortunately I have version 18, so it looks like I'm out of luck unless I buy a different version.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just another update. Based on advice from others, I completely uninstalled everything and did a fresh install. No luck. Then I upgraded from 18.1 to 18.2. Also have the exact same problem. I'm now running TurboCAD Pro 18.2, CAM 3.5, on Windows 7 Pro.

So far IMSI has been unable to recreate the issue. But I've emailed them both good and bad models for testing.

Creating a square on a brand new drawing does work with pocket milling. But if I move the box slightly and then hit undo to move it back to exactly where it used to be permanently renders the model useless for pocket milling. Even deleting everything from the drawing won't fix it. You have to start from scratch with a new drawing. It isn't just moving something that kills pocket milling. Most other operations also make the pocket milling no longer work on that file. Even the tutorial from IMSI fails 100% of the time.

I've now run into a handful of people with the same issue with V18 and CAM. But I've found no one so far who has actually got it to work in V18. Does anyone know if it works on later versions?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I stumbled into the solution! Apparently there are two versions of CAM 3.5. The one IMSI shipped on the disk I got is bad. But there is a good version hidden in a semi-secret location on the IMSI website:

http://downloads.imsidesign.com/Plug...urboCAD-18.exe

If pocket milling isn't working, uninstall the plugin, and reinstall the downloaded version (do NOT reinstall from the disk). In my case, I also made sure I had the newest update to 18.2 in place first, but I'm not sure if that matters.