Need Help! TurboCAD for Millpwr ?

Thread: TurboCAD for Millpwr ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default TurboCAD for Millpwr ?

Hi all,
    I am running a 2008 Wells-Index knee mill factory outfitted with the Accu-Rite (Heidenhain) Millpwr 2 axis controller and my question to this forum is.

Upon loading any DXF file via floppy disk, an error message displays saying the file is too large (over 99 entries). Sometimes a part of the file will load (what a tease) but, never all.
    Even a simple square or a circle will fail to load.
    My DXF files have been generated from a multitude of different CAD programs thinking that was the impasse, I am most comfortable with
    Turbo-CAD v9 though.
    Anybody have a Millpwr running DXF files?
    What CAD program works?
    I’ve known of Drip feeding though the RS232, But never tried it, My PC is too far from my machine.
    How do I get them files into it’s brain?
    Any input will be appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mrzero View Post
    Hi all,
    I am running a 2008 Wells-Index knee mill factory outfitted with the Accu-Rite (Heidenhain) Millpwr 2 axis controller and my question to this forum is.

Upon loading any DXF file via floppy disk, an error message displays saying the file is too large (over 99 entries). Sometimes a part of the file will load (what a tease) but, never all.
    Even a simple square or a circle will fail to load.
    My DXF files have been generated from a multitude of different CAD programs thinking that was the impasse, I am most comfortable with
    Turbo-CAD v9 though.
    Anybody have a Millpwr running DXF files?
    What CAD program works?
    I’ve known of Drip feeding though the RS232, But never tried it, My PC is too far from my machine.
    How do I get them files into it’s brain?
    Any input will be appreciated.
    I have a 2008 Kent USA KTM-4VKF with a Acu-Rite Millpwr 3 III control.

I am using a rs232 to ethernet adapters with a 25 foot cable and a usb to serial converter with windows 7 running in a virtual machine. I was able to transfer files from the hard drive, but it is slow. Lucky for me that it has a cf flash drive wit a 4gb card. I have been able to load .dxf files but it is limited to 999 cuts. there is a conversion kit but probably at a premium price

What I find frustrating is there is not much info on this control and everything I find is old or dated. Does not look to be too much talk out there.

I have used pycam to convert stl files to g-code. Looking at the .MPT file it seems that writing a conversion would be possible since there is really no machine work required. I would be interested in hearing others experience with this control. Rhino and AutoCad work as well for the .dxf files. G-Code can be as long as needed I would guess.

If you or anyone would like we can compare notes. I would appreciate it as well.

Thanks,
    Vince
    scleaf@solarcarstoday.com