Quill Oil Seal J250/350

Thread: Quill Oil Seal J250/350

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Quill Oil Seal J250/350

Hi all,
    I’m needing to replace the Quill seal on my J250. ZPS doesn’t have any in stock so I was planning on designing and 3D printing a replacement. I’m attempting to remove it now so I can glean its shape and dimensions. The seal retainer has 4 cap bolts holding it in place. I’ve removed the bolts but the retainer isn’t budging and there’s no easy way to pry it off. Has anyone ran into this and able to offer tips for removal? TIA

Dan

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by LuvToFish View Post
    Hi all,
    I’m needing to replace the Quill seal on my J250. ZPS doesn’t have any in stock so I was planning on designing and 3D printing a replacement. I’m attempting to remove it now so I can glean its shape and dimensions. The seal retainer has 4 cap bolts holding it in place. I’ve removed the bolts but the retainer isn’t budging and there’s no easy way to pry it off. Has anyone ran into this and able to offer tips for removal? TIA

Dan
    As I recall, it is just an end cap and oiled leather seal in a counter bore.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Quill Oil Seal J250/350

Leather? The replacements I’ve seen on eBay for other Tree models were all rubber. The cap is recessed into the boss and no way to get a grip on it to pry it out.