We bought a 1060 that was in need of help. Bought it cheap enough. We based the decision on owning a lesser model previously and how well these machines are built. We I inspected the machine, the axis seemed to return right to zero with a test indicator. Backlash comps show .0004-.0007 lash. No idea if that is normal for them but typically like to see a machine need less than that. the drawbar tested at only 600# so that is the first thing to come off.

There was also a growl in the X. Y and Z were super quiet but X had some growl. I may have to run it for now as I learned those thrust bearings are NOT cheap for it. Its not insane loud, just obvious X is louder than the others.

Also, I noticed the spindle was louder than I wanted but I was not able to get it in high gear either. Something was locking out high gear. I can only hope for something like belts but the last Tree we had, we ended up spending a LOT on AC bearings up top. Lots of them for pulleys and such.

Really curious to chat with owners to learn more. We bought this one because it was very local, close, and the rep of the Tree machines is awesome. Certainly built well and most things are easy enough to work on.