Just got a tree 310, needs work, have a few ?

Thread: Just got a tree 310, needs work, have a few ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Just got a tree 310, needs work, have a few ?

Just picked up a 310, electronics are not in working condition. Also got some electronics off a 325 that ran good but had a mechanical problem, so I am hoping to use or keep for spares the parts from the 325 to get the 310 up and running. I do have a good fanuc spindle motor and drive off the 325 I'm going to list in the classified section. The 310 appears to be from 1985

Anyway, can you mix servo motors, or do all 3 have to match. Since the 3 on the 310 and from the 325 are different models. If 1 is bad on the 310 can I just swap the 1 or do I have to swap all 3.

Next question for know is do you recognize the servo motors on the machine, they don't have a nameplate anymore. It has an eg&g set of drive boards of that helps. And are the motors or drives original. I will try to post a pic

Also there is a transformer under the controls cabinet it does not seem to be hook up to anything, and not shown in diagrams, not sure of its purpose, I've included a pic of its faceplate