Need Help! J425 Draw Bar problem

Thread: J425 Draw Bar problem

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default J425 Draw Bar problem

Hello,

I have a Draw Bar problem that doesn't allow me to remove the CAT 40 tool holder. Is there a way to manually release the tool holder? I have the axis reference at the X & Y, but the Z seems to over shoot by .0001. The air pressure is above 80psi. I seem to have nothing at the engage/release switch.

Thanks,

Bob

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: J425 Draw Bar problem

Hi Bob, I have a J425 with a Dynapath Delta40 control. Maybe I can help. Was the drawbar working before and now it does not? Please help with a little background information. If it was working and quit with one specific tool, maybe the retention knob is a problem (out of spec) and the mechanism "locked up." Do you hear the air solenoid valve actuating, but the drawbar remains clamped, or nothing happens at all? If it sounds like things are working but the tool does not release, then some level of mechanical agitation might be in order. I recommend a rawhide, plastic or dead blow hammer. But be careful, when the tool comes out it will drop - so put a sheet of plywood or wood block under it. Also, excessive force may damage your spindle so easy with the hammer. A steel hammer will provide the best results but is also most likely to damage your spindle.

If nothing is happening when you operate the unclamp switch, then you will need to troubleshoot the drawbar system. I'll wait for more details from you before I venture down that path. Do you have the Tree manual and electrical drawings for the machine?

- David

PS, I don't check this forum often. I get weekly emails if there is a topic update. But I will try to remember to check this thread.