Questions about gang tool holders

Thread: Questions about gang tool holders

Default Questions about gang tool holders

Jumping ship from the mill side and hoping you lathe guys can help me. I have an 1100M Mill and am about to bring in a job for some turned parts (small brass bits that my spindle can easily manage). I want to build a gang tooling block to hold my profiling tool on one side, parting tool on the other, and two drills mounted in chucks in the center. Ideally I'd like to not buy new drill chucks as I already have a few with TTS ends. I assume to fixture them I simply need an appropriately sized hole with a couple set screws to grip the shank but I'm concerned that I will mar or otherwise damage my tool holders making them useless when I go back to traditional milling. Is there something that is done in gang tool holders to prevent that sort of shank damage? Soft metal set screws perhaps?

Similar Threads:

Default Re: Questions about gang tool holders

That certainly is a simple solution. Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads

Another option is a split-clamp or split-cotter type clamp. Takes a bit more X space, but no worries about damaging the shank and they can hold very well.

Downloads
    Uploads

Is there a way to use the CXA QCTP and the long gang plate? to move the QCTP to diferent postions along the T slots of the long gang plate?