Sherline Rotary Table on PCNC 1100

Thread: Sherline Rotary Table on PCNC 1100

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Sherline Rotary Table on PCNC 1100

So I am fairly new to CNC machining and about 2 years ago purchased a nice used PCNC 1100 that had been upgraded to a Series 3 machine with Path Pilot. I have some projects coming up that I need a rotary table for and didn't want to spend the $2500 for one from Tormach, and is overkill for the small parts I make, so I bought a Sherline CNC Rotary Table. I installed a Tormach NEMA23 stepper motor on it because the Sherline motor that came with mine was wire for Unipolar and wasn't happy with the Leadshine driver. Now the Sherline has a 72:1 gear ratio where as the Tormach uses a 90:1 gear ratio. The Sherline motor was 400 steps where as the Tormach motor is 200 steps There are no settings on the driver to make this work, or that's what Tormach now tells me. I guess my questions here are, has anyone here did this successfully and what did you do to make it work? The Sherline is a nice little rotary table and is the right size for my work. Thanks, Zach

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sherline Rotary Table on PCNC 1100-thumbnail_20230201_194856_resized-jpg   Sherline Rotary Table on PCNC 1100-thumbnail_20230201_194900_resized-jpg   Sherline Rotary Table on PCNC 1100-thumbnail_20230201_202854_resized-jpg   Sherline Rotary Table on PCNC 1100-thumbnail_20230201_202944_resized-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Sherline Rotary Table on PCNC 1100

If your all wired up then you'll just need to modify the scale in your ini file . I had a sherline on one of my 440's , I'd give you the settings I used for but I lost them after having to do a reinstall of pathpilot .

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes I’m all wired up, I will look into the ini file, where do I find that at? Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads

you need to go into the os and you'll find the ini in the folder home/pathpilot/configs