Tormach Sprutcam users

Thread: Tormach Sprutcam users

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Tormach Sprutcam users

Hi
    Any Tormach users using Sprutcam, have you had any issues using your licenses or getting support with the Ukrainian war and Russian sanctions?
    I haven’t fired my Sprutcam since the war started and was curious if there have been any impacts.
    Also, should I use an off-line computer while using this software?

Thanks
    CR

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Tormach Sprutcam users

Quote Originally Posted by CadRhino View Post
    Hi
    Any Tormach users using Sprutcam, have you had any issues using your licenses or getting support with the Ukrainian war and Russian sanctions?
    I haven’t fired my Sprutcam since the war started and was curious if there have been any impacts.
    Also, should I use an off-line computer while using this software?

Thanks
    CR
    I use v15 and I guess it works OK.
    Windows 10 is pretty safe o.s. And can be hard to corrupt.
    If worried just dont allow that system on your internet when that program is running.
    As for support I have little idea what that is. I report stuff all the time and for many years to sprutcam America " Tormach" does little or nothing.
    I have reported lathe problems for over a year now and not one has been addressed. I even offered to help them fix it and nothing.
    I gave up and just use or work around problems as I have done for many years.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks MD
    Sorry to hear you haven’t been getting support from SC America
    When I needed it Jacob was always helpful.
    I think I’ll take your input. Since I’m on Windows 7 I’ll just try to use it off-line.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by mountaindew View Post
    I use v15 and I guess it works OK.
    Windows 10 is pretty safe o.s. And can be hard to corrupt.
    If worried just dont allow that system on your internet when that program is running.
    As for support I have little idea what that is. I report stuff all the time and for many years to sprutcam America " Tormach" does little or nothing.
    I have reported lathe problems for over a year now and not one has been addressed. I even offered to help them fix it and nothing.
    I gave up and just use or work around problems as I have done for many years.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks MD
    I think I’ll take your input. Since I’m on Windows 7 I’ll just try to use it off-line.
    Cheers
    Its no big deal. I use the program at a very high level. Many years of learning every aspect of the program gives me the ability to work around any bug or problem I find. Anyway for me its easy to use and get great results, often in just a few clicks for lathe and router projects. And not much more effort for 4th axis or multi side multi offset projects on mill complete with fixtures. It would take some serious time to gain that skill level on another cam program and the very reason I use sprutcam to this day. If I report bugs or problems its for them to make a better product for others to use. It does little for me. I figure they are busy anyway. lol They do feature some of my projects on their website so its all good.

Downloads
    Uploads

I use sprut 7 and havent had any problems, at least none that I am aware of and I have been using it quite often the last few days and the internet is connected to this computer.

mike sr

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by popspipes View Post
    I use sprut 7 and havent had any problems, at least none that I am aware of and I have been using it quite often the last few days and the internet is connected to this computer.
    Wow
    A lot has changed in 8 version updates. Version 14 was imho the best by far. Version 15 has some nice new features but has a couple pages of bugs that I found in less then 2 months of use. And it was released about year ago. Dont know why I run into so many bugs when I didn't even upgrade for almost a year.
    Anyway it is decent cam software imho anyway.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by popspipes View Post
    Good to know
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks MD
    Cheers
    One little comment here and tech support is knocking my door down.
    I guess I should be more persistent and keep reporting issues I see.
    I often get the idea I am annoying the support people and they are busy with other more important issues. I have a habit of adapt, work around it and move on.
    My fault at any rate and I should have followed up more

Downloads
    Uploads

Not being able to change defaults is one of my biggest complaints.I drill lots of holes and it doesnt select drill tip even if the drilling op is selected. Another one is going to optimal when selecting holes instead of drilling them as selected.

mike sr

Downloads
    Uploads

A few years ago I had Kaspersky anti-virus that came on a computer I bought. Even back then it seemed odd to have a Russian program when people there were hacking USA businesses. Switched at next opportunity.

Dave

Downloads
    Uploads

I use SC 15 sporadically and just had a problem with my tool library getting corrupted and Jacob responded within 12 hours to the tech support request. His solution worked fine for me. I've not tried to contact SprutCam-Russia directly since the war started but they do have a FB group and there has been no official posts there since mid-February. That's probably not too surprising as the Russian government has apparently block access to Facebook in Russia.

SprutCAMAmerica (Tormach) has stopped sales of the product because of the war but is still providing technical support. I hope that continues for the for-seeable future.

@popspipes - Sprutcam ease of use has improved by leaps and bounds over the course of each upgrade for me, enough so that I am glad to have kept up with the upgrade schedule. Unfortunately for you, I think that upgrading from SC7 to SC15 would be pretty expensive for you right now.

Downloads
    Uploads

They wanted 1500 way back from 7 to 9, I just gave up at that, at my age I dont want to try to learn something else....

mike sr

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelHenry View Post

SprutCAMAmerica (Tormach) has stopped sales of the product because of the war but is still providing technical support. I hope that continues for the for-seeable future.

Wow
    I didnt know that. I upgraded to v15 before all the drama in that part of the world.

I do see a lot of strange errors, or quirks or bugs, whatever you want to call them in v15
    They stick out to me because it does or acts very different then v14.
    Example : when I compile a program for the mill, router or lathe it use to list or display the name of the postprocessor used in the g-code file header.
    Now it lists or displays some older project or file that used the same post in the header of the g-code file. Very confusing and very strange to look at a g-code file and in the place where it names the post processor used and it shows some older project name totally unrelated to what your doing.
    Strange errors or changes in behavior like this is scattered all over the program. If you use the program for as long as I have and as much as I do they are very easy to spot!
    I could go on and describe pages like this. Most dont effect the g-code output or overall use of program. They are just confusing to a user imho.

The errors in lathe section of the program that I mention above are in the machine definition and the other problem that I have tried to fix myself is in the g-code produced for tapered threads or npt type threads will not load into path pilot.
    I tried for a couple weeks to modify post and come up with the correct format for Path pilot and could not. Looked at hundreds of pages of information on both linux cnc site and sprutcam user manuals and code the posts generated and could not find a "long hand" code example that would work. This was the problem I submitted to tormach - sprutcam and it did not get resolved and fell thru the cracks I guess.
    They did say they are now looking at it.