Retrofitting 770 motor to a 440?

Thread: Retrofitting 770 motor to a 440?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Retrofitting 770 motor to a 440?

Has anyone seen a 770 motor (1.5hp) retrofitted to a 440?

Any idea if the VFD needs to be swapped? Any other components that would need to change?

Needing to switch to the low speed setting to drill with the stock 0.75hp motor is a pain. At 10k with small tooling the machine does well otherwise.

I think doubling the power with the 770 motor would be a big upgrade.

Similar Threads:

Default Re: Retrofitting 770 motor to a 440?

At a minimum you're going to have to swap out the spindle drive, too. The 440 uses a brushless DC motor/drive while the 770 is a 3 phase AC motor/VFD. I think the 440 uses a 0-5v signal, too, and most vfd's will want a 0-10v signal, which would have to be rescaled.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Retrofitting 770 motor to a 440?

glockcnc has a 1200w bd setup which should be plug and play , if the shaft size for the pulley and mount holes match . I've got one squirreled away here somewhere , it takes a while to get a motor and driver out of him but it eventually arrives . I bought mine to get an old g0704 clone back up and running but never did . I figured that in a bind it may be a good backup for one of the 440's , even if a couple mods are needed

https://glockcnc.com/store/#!/Sherli...tegory=8597972