Spindle rpm fluctuating

Thread: Spindle rpm fluctuating

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Spindle rpm fluctuating

I noticed that my spindle rpm has been fluctuating a 100 or so rpm in manual mode at various settings, curious as to why its doing this? I havent noticed it when running a program, it may be doing it there too.

Im sure this problem has come up before but the search function isnt bringing anything up.

thanks in advance for any insight on this..........

Similar Threads:
    mike sr

Downloads
    Uploads

Likely that the speed control poteniometer windings are dirty. A spritz of contact cleaner inside the back case while turning the knob may set it right.

Quote Originally Posted by popspipes View Post
    I noticed that my spindle rpm has been fluctuating a 100 or so rpm in manual mode at various settings, curious as to why its doing this? I havent noticed it when running a program, it may be doing it there too.

Im sure this problem has come up before but the search function isnt bringing anything up.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Spindle rpm fluctuating

This is normally caused by your 240v power supply or incorrect parameters set.

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the replies.

I will try the contact cleaner thanks.

mike sr

Let me know how you make out. Mine has been doing this as well. Only noticed it after the most recent update but haven't gotten around to downgrading yet to see if the problem still exists. And I don't have an adjustment pot to clean so that's not an option for me.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by soofle616 View Post
    Let me know how you make out. Mine has been doing this as well. Only noticed it after the most recent update but haven't gotten around to downgrading yet to see if the problem still exists. And I don't have an adjustment pot to clean so that's not an option for me.
    As near as I can tell its just a dirty pot, I ran the pot back and forth a few times and it seems to be better, I just need to get a can of contact cleaner and clean it up properly.

mike sr

Downloads
    Uploads

As near as I can tell its just a dirty pot, I ran the pot back and forth a few times and it seems to be better, I just need to get a can of contact cleaner and clean it up properly.
    Might be hard to get the contact cleaner to go inside the pot, to do any good, they are just a carbon pot, so this will happen until it won't work any more, you can add a remote wire wound pot to the remote control terminals then you would not need the VFD Drive Pot

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Might be hard to get the contact cleaner to go inside the pot, to do any good, they are just a carbon pot, so this will happen until it won't work any more, you can add a remote wire wound pot to the remote control terminals then you would not need the VFD Drive Pot
    It is a carbon pot, not a big deal as it only varies slightly in manual mode, havent noticed it when running a program.

mike sr