Weight in kg of mill along without stand

Thread: Weight in kg of mill along without stand

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Weight in kg of mill along without stand

Hi out there. Can anyone please let me know the weight of the tormach pcnc 1100 without the stand in kg,s please. I have asked tormach two times without an answer. All I am asking for is the weight of the mill alone once removed from its stand. Anyone know. Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Weight in kg of mill along without stand

According to https://tormach.com/support/mill/pcn...specifications : 1296 lbs gross (excludes stand) or about 512.5 kg.

Downloads
    Uploads

I'd guess that the stand is 250 lbs, making the mill itself around 850 lbs. Just a guess, though. I had the weights of the major components written down at one time but can't find that now.

FWIW, the column is pinned to the base and the head to the column so it should be possible to break the original PCNC 1100 down into manageable components if you have the desire and aptitude. I broke the mill down into enough pieces that my wife and I could move it from our garage down into our basement. We took our time and it went pretty well. I'd done some alignment and tolerance checks before and after so that I could convince myself that we hadn't screwed up the alignment during the process,

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelHenry View Post
    I'd guess that the stand is 250 lbs, making the mill itself around 850 lbs. Just a guess, though. I had the weights of the major components written down at one time but can't find that now.

FWIW, the column is pinned to the base and the head to the column so it should be possible to break the original PCNC 1100 down into manageable components if you have the desire and aptitude. I broke the mill down into enough pieces that my wife and I could move it from our garage down into our basement. We took our time and it went pretty well. I'd done some alignment and tolerance checks before and after so that I could convince myself that we hadn't screwed up the alignment during the process,
    Hi, thanks for reply. Just got an answer from tormach, the mill it’s self is is 490kg. So you are not far wrong. Michael