Tormach 1100MX vs SYIL X7 2020 - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Tormach 1100MX vs SYIL X7 2020

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Tormach 1100MX vs SYIL X7 2020

Quote Originally Posted by maker of things View Post
    @Kenny, that particular machine doesn't seem to be a great deal. The dealer is unlikely to put it under power unless I was serious, which I'm not yet. I need to do a lot more research before I would be ready to buy anything. I definitely want 4th axis so that might limit which control I can get. I'm going to get in touch with one of the fellas in texas and start digging in. The control is going to really make or break this machine, and that is going to take a lot of researching.
    @sd624 what phase converter did you get and how much did it cost? I will be very interested to see your take on the LNC control vs Pathpilot for usability.
    @syil can you make a sub forum for your x5 x7 cnc machines so users can post there and all the info will be in one place?

I was more directing you there to physically be around one and perhaps see it under power at least somewhere close that didn't require a plane ride.

Downloads
    Uploads

@Kenny, that particular machine doesn't seem to be a great deal. The dealer is unlikely to put it under power unless I was serious, which I'm not yet. I need to do a lot more research before I would be ready to buy anything. I definitely want 4th axis so that might limit which control I can get. I'm going to get in touch with one of the fellas in texas and start digging in. The control is going to really make or break this machine, and that is going to take a lot of researching.
    @sd624 what phase converter did you get and how much did it cost? I will be very interested to see your take on the LNC control vs Pathpilot for usability.
    @syil can you make a sub forum for your x5 x7 cnc machines so users can post there and all the info will be in one place?
    in fact I didn`t review CNCzone for a long time as we have own communities. also SYIL Machine Tools Inc Houston not our dealer is our company too.
    We will consider put Forum function on our webpage. Thank you.

Direction,Commitment,Follow through

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by sd624 View Post
    X7-20, 12000 RPM Spindle, and Syntec controller.
    Is the 3ph the only reason that pushed you towards the Syntec instead of the LNC6800?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Tormach 1100MX vs SYIL X7 2020

Quote Originally Posted by kymoz View Post
    Is the 3ph the only reason that pushed you towards the Syntec instead of the LNC6800?
    No the 3 phase really had nothing to do with it. I originally had a 6800 on order but switched to the Syntec.

1. I wanted the higher 7.5 HP motor.
    2. I had downloaded both controller manuals from the Syil and like the functionality of the Syntec better.
    3. The machine I looked at prior to purchase had the Syntec controller and I really like the layout of menus and the function keys. Plus a full QWERTY keyboard.
    4. The 15” screen is easier to read with my old eyes.

After playing with it now I really like it and glad I up graded. There is so much more functionality with these industrial controllers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Downloads
    Uploads

I have an LNC on order (just submitted deposit this week), it should be here by the end of September. I have studied the control manual a little, and there are a few things I'm sure I'll be scratching my head about. 3 phase was just not an option for me at the moment. Really looking forward to getting this machine up and running.

Downloads
    Uploads

Looking forward to hearing info on both controls. The single phase option with the LNC is really interesting. I made a post in the Syil subforum asking for input about the machines https://www.cnczone.com/forums/syil-...8-tormach.html

-Jon
    instagram @hermit.shed

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by sportbob06 View Post
    I have an LNC on order (just submitted deposit this week), it should be here by the end of September. I have studied the control manual a little, and there are a few things I'm sure I'll be scratching my head about. 3 phase was just not an option for me at the moment. Really looking forward to getting this machine up and running.
    Thank you..

Downloads
    Uploads

Looking forward to hearing info on both controls. The single phase option with the LNC is really interesting. I made a post in the Syil subforum asking for input about the machines https://www.cnczone.com/forums/syil-...8-tormach.html
    We will wait for you to join our Facebook user group.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by syil View Post
    We will wait for you to join our Facebook user group.
    What if we don't use facebook?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Steve303 View Post
    What if we don't use facebook?

That's what I thought. I gave up on the socials years ago. (Saw a pattern of people getting more horrid to one another).
    Seems to be an even more hostile environment since Covid. You'd think it would be better but nonono. Mrs keeps telling me about twitter feeds etc. I tell her to just delete all the apps.

This is a comment for Syil to take note of more than anything tbf.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dazp1976 View Post
    That's what I thought. I gave up on the socials years ago. (Saw a pattern of people getting more horrid to one another).
    Seems to be an even more hostile environment since Covid. You'd think it would be better but nonono. Mrs keeps telling me about twitter feeds etc. I tell her to just delete all the apps.

This is a comment for Syil to take note of more than anything tbf.
    You only see those thing if you get involved or go looking for it

You don't have to do anything on Facebook only what interest you have, you visit the Zone, you can do the same thing to visit Syil on Facebook if you had to, you don't seem to put much thought into you posts

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    you don't seem to put much thought into you posts
    Now where's the fun in thinking first
    Sometimes, being totally/brutally corrected makes things that you learn stick better.

Downloads
    Uploads

I posted a video in the Syil section showing my X7 next to my Tormach. Might help with some questions if your trying to decide on a machine. Check it out. I’m know This Old Tony When it comes to making videos. You’ve been warned. LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up Re: Tormach 1100MX vs SYIL X7 2020

Quote Originally Posted by sd624 View Post
    I posted a video in the Syil section showing my X7 next to my Tormach. Might help with some questions if your trying to decide on a machine. Check it out. I’m know This Old Tony When it comes to making videos. You’ve been warned. LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    thank you for your video:

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    You only see those thing if you get involved or go looking for it

You don't have to do anything on Facebook only what interest you have, you visit the Zone, you can do the same thing to visit Syil on Facebook if you had to, you don't seem to put much thought into you posts
    To my mind FB groups have an almost worthless search function, compared to dedicated forums like this one. As a result, you see the same basic questions over and over - users never seem to search for answers and just ask the question again (and again and again).

Downloads
    Uploads

+1!

Downloads
    Uploads

Just check this video very imrpressive

For me it boils down to this. I have three Syil mills and one Tormach. I didn't need to tear down and rebuild the Tormach before I could use it. If I buy another mill in this size class it will be a Tormach. I use my machines everyday in my day job. I may not be an expert, but I have experience.

Bob La Londe
    http://www.YumaBassMan.com

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345