Tormach 1100MX vs SYIL X7 2020 - Page 4

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tormach 1100MX vs SYIL X7 2020

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Tormach 1100MX vs SYIL X7 2020

Quote Originally Posted by maker of things View Post
    For anyone interested, the quote I got was for $51,221 with fanuc control, 16 tool side tool changer, 4th axis and wireless probing. No shipping price indicated.
    Hi Jon,
    Do you have a broken down quote for that package? When I add all the options you stated with their price list, I only get up to 44k$... I don't know where that extra 7k$ is coming from?

Downloads
    Uploads

I copied and pasted from the email I got. I didn't receive any sort of formal quote.

-Jon
    instagram @hermit.shed

Downloads
    Uploads

On the Syil site under the "blog" area they have a comparison between the x7 and the super mini mill and according to Syil the x7 has a 5.5 KW motor peak (not continuous) vs the Haas 11.2kw. My 1100mx has 1.49KW peak. The x7 literature leads me to believe it is a belt drive spindle, is yours Kenny?

When I did a price quote I noted that the Syil has an available 16 tool side changer! They also offer 5 axis trunnions which adds to the intrigue.

They list max tool diameter at .62" and max length at 3.9" which is a little worrying. I'm guessing those numbers may not be totally accurate?

I think I like that they offer such a wide range of controls. Mach3 stepper, Mach3 servo, Syil 3/4 axis, Syil 5 axis, LNC 6800 (ethercat), Siemens 808d, siemens 828 and fanuc Oi MF plus. I am not familiar with most of those controls, but wow. I say I think because It's great that the options are available, but that's a lot of extra work to research.

Most of the control and electronics are standard packages which to me means in 10 years the parts should still be available, or there will be a clear replacement option at least with Siemens and Fanuc. The linear rails are THK so those should be available. I would assume the ball screws would be similar. The spindle would be the thing then. If that is custom built, I would be weary that in 5 or 10 years it could be an issue.

Syil if you are listening, you need to up your marketing, A LOT! The links they offer to social media are pathetic. They show like 20 "posts" and several of the youtube videos are not there anymore already. They have "customer stories" and it looks like they tried to feature one person per country most of whose Instagram have zero machining content. Kevin Ellingson is on there which is encouraging. I mean he should have a pretty decent in with both Haas and Tormach but at his home is an x7.
    Yes, We didn`t review CNCZone long time, as we have own communities on Facebook.. but we will consider everyone suggestions. and make machines better.

Direction,Commitment,Follow through

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by syil View Post
    Yes, We didn`t review CNCZone long time, as we have own communities on Facebook.. but we will consider everyone suggestions. and make machines better.
    When the machines come to the us, do they get hit with high tarrifs now?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ihavenofish View Post
    When the machines come to the us, do they get hit with high tarrifs now?
    We also have some container machines on the way to SYIL Canada.
    Your friends machine inside..later welcome everyone look it in person..

Downloads
    Uploads

if my friends machine was on the way to canada he would be rather upset haha. he's in NZ

Downloads
    Uploads

I sure am interested in seeing a machine in person.

-Jon
    instagram @hermit.shed

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by syil View Post
    We also have some container machines on the way to SYIL Canada.
    Your friends machine inside..later welcome everyone look it in person..
    Are your shipments only customized machines or do you ship stock machines that go to a warehouse or showroom?

-Jon
    instagram @hermit.shed

Downloads
    Uploads

I believe everything currently is build to order with a few machines around because orders got canceled. I don't think they have any large amount of standard offering machines sitting around. There is a Siemens controlled machine sitting on Ebay looking for a home right.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/32465602884...kAAOSwvuRgw2oL

Downloads
    Uploads

Kenny how are you liking the chip / coolant cart? I like the idea of the design.

-Jon
    instagram @hermit.shed

Downloads
    Uploads

I have the slightly older front U shaped set up. I know the X7-20 got a redesign. I don't have any issues with it that are not of my own making. The tank is on wheels and they are adjustable to level the tank. There are two chip bins on the left and right side of the tank. The left bin is a little larger than the right side bin as the pump is on the right side. They are big enough for my level of chip production but having said that my machine doesn't run every day. Easy to empty though. Aside from the drips of coolant if you have to empty them before they get a chance to drain well they are sufficient for what I use the machine to do. I would expect the the new machine setup is an improvement over this design. Tank is easy to service as you just rotate it out to the right side of the machine and have full access for draining and cleaning.

I created a small issue by putting my machine on casters that cause it to sit a little higher than it would on the pads Syil provides so I get some splashing of coolant out the side of the machine where the coolant and chips exit the bottom of the enclosure. If it sat where it would be as they designed I don't think that would be an issue. I just attached a flap of neoprene with some magnets to take care of that. I get a little residue on the floor on occasion but not very often.

If you are a high production environment a machine with a chip auger would likely be a better choice.

Downloads
    Uploads

That’s what did it for me. After I got a quote which is on the front page of this thread I called Wesley in Texas and asked if there was one in my area I could look at. There was one 20 minutes away. 30 seconds after looking at it I knew I was selling my Tormach S3 and buying a Syil. There is no comparison really. They are not the same class of machine. I don’t have any real complaints with my S3. It’s served us well and did what we purchased it for. We needed something that was more of a production machine and really the only reason for getting the Syil. Which arrived last Friday. Even more impressed with it and I don’t even have it wired up yet. I plan on doing a side by side comparison with the Tormach to help show the differences in the machines. There’s really no good videos that compare the two. I’ll post a video here when I get time to shoot it. Again I’m not knocking Tormach. I loved our S3 and even thought about keeping but ended up selling it to off set the X7 a little.

X7-20, 12000 RPM Spindle, and Syntec controller.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Downloads
    Uploads

Where are you located?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Tormach 1100MX vs SYIL X7 2020

?

Last edited by sd624; 08-25-2021 at 06:04 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Well I would say you could stop by and run mine but that's a plane ride to Georgia. You might want to contact the person from the Ebay add. That machine is listed to be at least within your state. Not sure how far it is from you.

Downloads
    Uploads

Are your shipments only customized machines or do you ship stock machines that go to a warehouse or showroom?
    we have regular packages stocks by LNC6800 and SYNTEC22MA controller SYIL 7 in Houston.
    you can contact Jeff@syil.com or Wesley@syil.com

Downloads
    Uploads

And I was wrong. That's good to know.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you for your make the right choice.
    Any tech support you can contact us in any time.

Downloads
    Uploads

@Kenny, that particular machine doesn't seem to be a great deal. The dealer is unlikely to put it under power unless I was serious, which I'm not yet. I need to do a lot more research before I would be ready to buy anything. I definitely want 4th axis so that might limit which control I can get. I'm going to get in touch with one of the fellas in texas and start digging in. The control is going to really make or break this machine, and that is going to take a lot of researching.
    @sd624 what phase converter did you get and how much did it cost? I will be very interested to see your take on the LNC control vs Pathpilot for usability.
    @syil can you make a sub forum for your x5 x7 cnc machines so users can post there and all the info will be in one place?

-Jon
    instagram @hermit.shed

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Tormach 1100MX vs SYIL X7 2020

@sd624 what phase converter did you get and how much did it cost? I will be very interested to see your take on the LNC control vs Pathpilot for usability.

I already had 3 phase power. However Syil recommends the American Rotory AD15. AR sells it on Amazon for 1290.00 with free shipping. I went with the Syntec controller. The LNC is single phase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast