My tinny setup

Thread: My tinny setup

Downloads
    Uploads

Default My tinny setup

Hi ! I have to deal with a small space. In 2020, i make a small office in my basement. 11.5ft x 10.5 ft. My plan was to do computer work here, because i didn't have any space left in my house to have a little space for me. Old house, the basement is not a "living" space. I use it as a working space, i do wood working, thing like that, but not very clean, and the ceiling is like 5 to 6 ft so i cant even be totally standing in some spot.
    The ceiling of the office i built is 5.4ft high. But the first plan was to have a clean space to do computer work so no problem.

Last year i start a little home business, making decorative furniture with a CNC router (Shapeoko XXL). But i don't like that at all. I like working at home with the family, but i don't like working with wood. The little business going good overall, i decided to upgrade and buy a Tormach PCNC440.

The thing is, where i can put it ? I have enough space in my basement but i don't want to put a brand new CNC in a dirty space.

The only space left is my office, so i make the stand to have the CNC table as the same high of my office to work in my office chair lol. I mean.. why not.

So im currently converting my small office in a CNC spot. Now im waiting all the stuff to make the enclosure because i gonna run flood coolant.

[/QUOTE]

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by BlueBird1337; 06-07-2021 at 06:54 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: My tinny setup

I love it!

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

That's awesome BlueBird. I have really been thinking about the Mod vice from SMW, how do you like them so far? I have a fixture plate for my 440...just wished the hole spacing was correct for those vices as that is a big chunk of the cost. Can't wait to see where you do with it all!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Tigster View Post
    That's awesome BlueBird. I have really been thinking about the Mod vice from SMW, how do you like them so far? I have a fixture plate for my 440...just wished the hole spacing was correct for those vices as that is a big chunk of the cost. Can't wait to see where you do with it all!

Whats your fixture plate ? If you have the SMW 1/2" (1.25 hole on center) it will fit. I didnt use it yet, still setuping, but the quality seems to be A1. Good reputation too.

Downloads
    Uploads

Enclosure is almost finish

Downloads
    Uploads

That looks fancy!
    How does the front glass move out of the ways? Are there three hinges I see on the left?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jwatte View Post
    That looks fancy!
    How does the front glass move out of the ways? Are there three hinges I see on the left?
    Yes exactly

Downloads
    Uploads

Hell yeah the quality looks good...I think they are the leaders on the low profile modular vices! Think my fixture plate is Tormach's before they started working with SMW, the spacing is different, I think 1.5"
    Nice enclosure, you were smart to not drop the money on Tormach's...it rattle trap and just meh!