Hard mill with pcnc440

Thread: Hard mill with pcnc440

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Hard mill with pcnc440

Hi ! Im waiting my 440, i would like to make some knife for fun, from what i understand the finish is better when the bevel is hardmill and its easier to get more precision and tolerance. Saunder make a video, milling a 1-2-3 block (55HRC), but i would like my s35vn at 60HRC. Can i do that with a 440 ? Good workholding, lakeshore carbide for SS, bullnose 5 flute altin coated and stub for rigidity. The machining time is not a concern, i just want to know if i can get a good finish without scrapping endmills every blade lol.

Thanks

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hard mill with pcnc440

I do nothing (for the greater part) but stainless (316 & 304) I really don't have any issues with it. I think the HRC is 70 to 79... Good cutters and toolpaths. I was just doing A2 with too big of a cutter...failed badly. I guess as long as you keep the machines capabilities in consideration. The 440 CAN'T do anything and everything. I have some SV35 blades (don't think they are the vn variation, but I didn't realize stainless was higher on the hardness scale. I have some titanium projects I want to do, but at this point, haven't attempted.