New 440 owner...just wanted to say hi

Thread: New 440 owner...just wanted to say hi

Downloads
    Uploads

Default New 440 owner...just wanted to say hi

Hello everyone
    I just wanted to introduce myself this morning. I have been on this forum for many years and just read a lot. I retired 3 years ago this coming July 6th. I have been married to the same woman for going on 46 years now and have 2 daughters that are both married and have 2 grandsons. We built a log home 16 years ago and now live in mid-Michigan.

I have been a hobby machinist for almost 20 years now. I have a 13x40 import lathe that is almost 20 years old. I sold my Haig surface grinder about 8 years ago and my Jet 54" knee mill about 6 years ago so I have just had my lathe up until 2 weeks ago. I bought a Tormach 440 with everything except the 4th axis which I will be adding in a couple of weeks. My ATC should be delivered by the end of this month.

I have made a few small engines that run on air pressure. Made many quad wheel spacers, made parts to repair old equipment and various other items.

About 7 months after I retired I bought a 3d printer and now have 4 along with a 60-watt CO2 laser and a 60-Watt fiber laser. I now have a small business that is doing pretty good and decided I could use the 440 to add more product to my line.

I hold a type 01 FFL and have done some engraving of firearms.

I have read through a lot of the threads on this forum and picked up a lot of good tips and ideas. Thanks for all the info.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New 440 owner...just wanted to say hi-tormach440-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New 440 owner...just wanted to say hi

Hi,

Just wanted to welcome you to the forum as an active user now. It sounds like you have a lot of fun with your machines, and we have similar interests. I, just in the last couple of months, acquired a fiber laser myself and it's a hoot to play with. I intend to use is to do a lot of marking of machine tool stuff, such as TTS collet tool numbers and such.
    Terry

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks MFchief,
    I did engrave tool numbers for the tool library on all my holders. Mostly the fiber is for engraving on firearms, and I have 2 companies that I engrave machinery tags for.

Bob Abbott
    Hunters Custom Mounting Solutions LLC

Awesome! I am also a 440 owner and have been really considering playing with an 80% lower. I know there are all kinds of jigs out there, but mostly those are for people with a router and balls of steel. I'd love to talk with someone that knows the ropes and CNC/Tormach makes it even better! Glad to have you as a Tormach brother!
    III% !

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Boba1618 View Post
    Hello everyone
    I just wanted to introduce myself this morning. I have been on this forum for many years and just read a lot. I retired 3 years ago this coming July 6th. I have been married to the same woman for going on 46 years now and have 2 daughters that are both married and have 2 grandsons. We built a log home 16 years ago and now live in mid-Michigan.

Welcome fellow mid-Michiganer! I'm looking forward to seeing some of your work.

We live in the Grand Ledge/Charlotte area. I have a 1100 S3. My forte' is reproducing parts for old Erector sets when time allows. I'll be enjoying what I call "7-day weekends" at the end of this year.

Bruce