Alternative to FogBuster for my PCNC 1100 built

Thread: Alternative to FogBuster for my PCNC 1100 built

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Alternative to FogBuster for my PCNC 1100 built

I have a regular need for removing chips in deep (2-3" deep) pockets as I machine bodies for the instrument housings I make. I did not want the trouble and expense of a FogBuster, although I am sure they are just great if you have an enclosure. I do not. So long story short, I made some aluminum pads that I could mount on either side of the column and I bought an inexpensive "Mist Coolant Lubricator" on Amazon. I machined an aluminum air manifold so I could tap into my pneumatic draw bar's air supply and the system is working really well. I can share any of the parts files to anyone who is interested. I always enjoy using my Tormach 1100. I appreciate this forums sharing of their experiences, good and bad with the rest of us. Cismontguy

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Alternative to FogBuster for my PCNC 1100 built-bsa-coolant-parts-7-jpg   Alternative to FogBuster for my PCNC 1100 built-bsa-coolant-parts-4-jpg   Alternative to FogBuster for my PCNC 1100 built-bsa-coolant-parts-6-jpg   Alternative to FogBuster for my PCNC 1100 built-bsa-coolant-parts-8-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Alternative to FogBuster for my PCNC 1100 built

I made a similar manifold! But for having relay-controlled air blast, as I already use flood cooling.
    Some days I wonder if the main reason to have a mill isn't so you can make parts for your mill :-D

Default Re: Alternative to FogBuster for my PCNC 1100 built

Until recently when I had a large and complex fixture plate that I made for my day job, most of my time in front of my mill was making parts for it. Some of those parts have even allowed me to make more parts for the mill :-)