Software

Thread: Software

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Software

I’m running a PCNC 1100 Series II and still using Mach III. I had a question about my Mach III about 3 weeks after the first version of path pilot was released, and when I called Tormach for help, I was told “OH, WE NO LONGER SUPPORT MACH III”.

The tech support staff they have at Tormach now are the absolute best “HAAS” sales staff anyone could ask for.

Similar Threads:
    You can buy GOOD PARTS or you can buy CHEAP PARTS, but you can't buy GOOD CHEAP PARTS.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Software

As a former Mach3 user, I find it hard to understand why anyone with $10000 or even far more invested in their Tormach plus tooling would not spend $185 to upgrade to PP.. Just having working soft limits is worth the cost!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by kstrauss View Post
    As a former Mach3 user, I find it hard to understand why anyone with $10000 or even far more invested in their Tormach plus tooling would not spend $185 to upgrade to PP.. Just having working soft limits is worth the cost!
    I'm surprised somebody would wait nearly six years to complain, especially since it was free the first 2.5 years it was available but there you go...

You picked about the most ironic comparison possible in the eyes of anyone who has a <2007 Haas with a board failure.

As someone who has run machines with Mach3, you cant pay me enough to run one again.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by kstrauss View Post
    I agree completely - PathPilot/LinuxCNC is far better than Mach 3 was. Perhaps that comment had been sitting in Steve's outbox for 6 years?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Seebold View Post
    I’m running a PCNC 1100 Series II and still using Mach III. I had a question about my Mach III about 3 weeks after the first version of path pilot was released, and when I called Tormach for help, I was told “OH, WE NO LONGER SUPPORT MACH III”.

The tech support staff they have at Tormach now are the absolute best “HAAS” sales staff anyone could ask for.
    Not even Mach supports Mach 3 anymore. Why would you expect a Tormach to support a product that even the software company that wrote it to begin with doesn't support anymore?

Mark

Downloads
    Uploads

Most of the wizards that came with my 1100 with Mach3 seemed to work. PP was a great improvement.
    Just wish PP would let me start a slot outside the part, and also rough and finish mill a radius without a complete circle.

Dave