Need Help! No tool path preview on PathPilot hub

Thread: No tool path preview on PathPilot hub

Downloads
    Uploads

Default No tool path preview on PathPilot hub

I'm still a G-code guy and use the hub to debug routines in our house. I'm running 2.7.1 on my 1100S3 and see hub is running 2.7.0. I was trying to debug some routine changes the last couple of days and am not seeing tool path previews on the virtual hub. See them fine on the actual machine, but not the hub.

Is there a command or something I'm missing to show the tool path on the hub? Others having the same issue? There's a note on the hub apologizing for recent issues, so maybe something on their end?

Thanks, Bruce

Similar Threads:

Default Re: No tool path preview on PathPilot hub

Haven't spent much time in the hub but I know on the machine there is a checkbox in the view options tab on the main screen to only show the current tool. If that's enabled and your currently selected tool isn't included in the program that's loaded, you will not see a toolpath preview. Maybe check that?

Downloads
    Uploads

On both my sim setups there is no toolpath preview with either 2.7.0 or 2.7.1 so it may be something to do with the simulation setup.I have not installed it on my actual mill as I use Pete's ninjaknobs but with 2.6.0 I get a toolpath preview on all of the machines.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ally-g View Post
    On both my sim setups there is no toolpath preview with either 2.7.0 or 2.7.1 so it may be something to do with the simulation setup.I have not installed it on my actual mill as I use Pete's ninjaknobs but with 2.6.0 I get a toolpath preview on all of the machines.
    I hate to say "GREAT", but that confirms it's not just me. I sent a report to Tormach and got a reply from Rob Ellenburg. He suggested (as soofle616 did) checking the display current tool path (it isn't checked), switching to a different view (i.e. ISO, top, front, etc.) which didn't help either. Also, disabling/enabling the 4th axis display.

I sent him a reply with a conversational profiling routine that doesn't display on my Hub, but works fine on my 1100S3 running 2.7.1. I'll post here what he finds.

On the plus side, I put a 125,000 BTU heater in my shop which heats if from 40 F to 55 F in about 15 minutes. I'd prefer to do the debugging with a tool path displayed in our house on the HUB, but it's very comfortable to sit at the mill nowadays.

Bruce

I went to a proper gas fired furnace in my garage just before last winter. SOOOOO much better than the pos electric heater I used to have. That thing took hours to heat the space a couple degrees and was never able to make it actually warm.

Downloads
    Uploads

Note that allowing machinery to heat and cool often results in condensation which results in rust. Yes ago I decided to keep my shop at about 65 degrees.

Downloads
    Uploads

I used to have some rust also with no heat in the shop. Especially in the spring in Michigan. I started running a couple of ceiling fans 24/7 and have had very minimal rust as a result.

I got a reply from Rob Ellenburg from Tormach. Issue is on their end, only with a 1100S3 machine. His reply is below. I should be able to boot the HUB as an 1100M and still run the G-code routines(?). After all, a G0 X0 Y0 does the same thing on a 440 as an 1100MX.

Bruce

Hi Bruce,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, and thanks very much for your detailed screenshots and debug information. We were able to find the root cause and will include the fix in our next release. So far only PCNC 1100 Series 3 configurations have been affected, but we're testing out other configurations as well just in case.

Have you noticed this behavior on the real machine as well, or just on HUB?

Best,
    Rob

Rob Ellenberg
    Sr. Software Engineer

Downloads
    Uploads

I logged in as an 1100M and see my paths properly. Pretty simple work around until Tormach gets the new release available.

Bruce