Just bought my first tormach

Thread: Just bought my first tormach

Default Just bought my first tormach

finally pulled the plug and took the plunge into CNC.

Had a bridgeport for a few years, all manual with no DRO even.

Bought a nice used pcnc1100 with 4th axis and probe and a what not.

Was a huge pain getting it into the garage and on the stand. Still need to assemble the enclosure and start hooking it all up. What was I thinking. Planning on reading a bunch more on here now.

but I was wondering......are there any aftermarket tool holders that work with the tool changer? I see inexpensive sets on ebay but none that work with the tool holder.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Just bought my first tormach

Congrats on your new machine. Shoot an email to sales@igstool.com and ask for C3/4 ER20 ATC tool holders. IGS Tool is the Chinese manufacture of the TTS clones. They also now offer setscrew ATC holders in addition to ER holders. The ATC versions are ~$5 more each than the non-ATC. I've bought a couple dozen holders from then over the last few years. DHL shipping from China is a bit pricey, but you'll still save a measurable amount rather than buying from Tormach which most likely come from the same or very similar Chinese manufacturer.

-Mike

I will check that out. Hopefully this week end.

thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by leonpiper69 View Post
    Bought a nice used pcnc1100 with 4th axis and probe and a what not.

What's a what not?

A what not is all the other doo hickeys

Downloads
    Uploads

Ah, a thing-a-ma-bob?

Quote Originally Posted by mikegiraud View Post
    Congrats on your new machine. Shoot an email to sales@igstool.com and ask for C3/4 ER20 ATC tool holders. IGS Tool is the Chinese manufacture of the TTS clones. They also now offer setscrew ATC holders in addition to ER holders. The ATC versions are ~$5 more each than the non-ATC. I've bought a couple dozen holders from then over the last few years. DHL shipping from China is a bit pricey, but you'll still save a measurable amount rather than buying from Tormach which most likely come from the same or very similar Chinese manufacturer.

-Mike
    Well I emailed them a few days ago at least. No reply. I did see what I want on their site. I may have to just buy the high end Tormach brand ones. But I still am assembling the enclosure and what not. Maybe a couple more weeks at least until it is powered up and start trying to make chips