1100 Motor Bearings

Thread: 1100 Motor Bearings

Downloads
    Uploads

Default 1100 Motor Bearings

I have been running my 1100 for 7 or 8 weeks using my High Speed Spindle and have gotten quite used to the whisper quiet 24k RPM no load spindle noise.

I needed to use the ATC for a short run of paying parts and reinstalled the standard spindle. Starting it up, the noise was deafening in comparison to the HS Spindle. Looking into the problem the spindle bearings were roaring and it is time to change them. This isn't a problem, this will be set 7 and I keep them on hand. The motor bearing have also gotten quite noisy and these have never been changed.

I would like to get set of bearings before tearing into the motor but have no idea what they are. Anyone have any idea what the motor bearings numbers are?

gary

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 1100 Motor Bearings

wow , I dont ever remember my mill spindle being very quiet. Yet alone run silent like my 24rs high speed spindle. Unless cutter is engaged it makes no noise that I can hear at all. After cutter engages is a different story.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 1100 Motor Bearings

Yeah, easy to get used to. The water chiller is the loudest part of the system.

gary