Setting Haimer Z with BT30 and ETS

Thread: Setting Haimer Z with BT30 and ETS

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Setting Haimer Z with BT30 and ETS

Sooooo, what is the official, if there is one, way of setting Haimer Z with a tapered spindle. I have found surprisingly little info out there and was curious what you MX guys have come up with.

Best I can figure is to use the ETS to measure a tool, like a .500" EM. Make a face cut with the same tool, measure the cut difference with the Haimer and then manually add the Z to the tool table.

Any easier and/or more precise options are eagerly welcome.

Cheers,

Scott

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Setting Haimer Z with BT30 and ETS

I asked about this process a while back in another thread on the path pilot forum called "New version V2.3.4 released". Didn't get clear answers and was told to search google. My understanding is you need to measure the trip height of the e.t.s off a reference surface using a 123 block as detailed in PP. The trip height of the e.t.s will be the 123 block + the value shown on the e.t.s setup page. Then do the same with haimer probe and zero it on same surface using same 123 block. Add the dro value difference on e.t.s. page to the Haimer tool offset value and the probe z should be zeroed at same level as e.t.s. trip point.
    Hope this gives you an idea of a process that works for you. I don't have an mx bt30 e.t.s. combo. I use an e.t.s. on the 24r router only, and the tts with haimer on 1100 mill.

Edit: After reading a little in the 1100mx manual I don't think this will work correctly

Last edited by mountaindew; 03-22-2020 at 09:25 AM.